• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Alternate Use for Saute Tongs

In summary, saute tongs have many creative uses in the kitchen, such as tossing salads, serving pasta, and mixing drinks. They are also safe to use on non-stick pans as long as they are made of non-scratch materials, and some can be washed in the dishwasher. They can also be used for grilling if they are made of heat-resistant materials. To clean saute tongs, simply use warm soapy water for silicone tongs and put in a bit more effort for stainless steel tongs. It is important to dry them thoroughly before storing to prevent rusting.
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
Atter way too long --- I was deep-cleaning my car today with the cannister vacuum cleaner. I eventually ran into the Dreaded Clump of Bird's Nest-like-Gunk at the neck of the hose - essentially choking the life out of my vacuum cleaner.

Went into the kitchen and started to go for my ususal chop stick to hack away at it, but thought of the saute tongs. Result: MAGICAL!!

Hah! I will keep them in mind for things like that!

They're like GIANT tweezers...I've used them to get WAY too many non-food type items out of tight spaces...

I have used mine to get items out of my girls bathroom sick!!!! they are the wonder that was so needed for that project.

Hi there,I completely understand the struggle of dealing with tough messes in your car. It can be frustrating and time-consuming, especially when it comes to cleaning out your vacuum cleaner. I'm so glad that you found a solution to the Dreaded Clump of Bird's Nest-like-Gunk with your saute tongs! It's amazing how a simple tool from the kitchen can work wonders in other areas of the house. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future cleaning tasks. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Best,

What are some creative ways to use saute tongs in the kitchen?

Saute tongs are not just for flipping food in a pan! Some great alternate uses include using them to toss salads, serve pasta, or even mix drinks.

Can saute tongs be used on non-stick pans?

Yes, saute tongs are safe to use on non-stick pans as long as they are made of silicone or other non-scratch materials.

Are saute tongs dishwasher safe?

It depends on the material. Stainless steel tongs can usually be washed in the dishwasher, but it is best to hand wash tongs made of silicone or other delicate materials.

Can saute tongs be used for grilling?

Yes, saute tongs are versatile and can be used for grilling as long as they are made of heat-resistant materials like stainless steel or silicone.

How do I clean saute tongs?

Silicone saute tongs can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water, while stainless steel tongs may require a bit more scrubbing. It is important to dry tongs thoroughly before storing to prevent rusting.

Back