• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Grand Opening Doomed Without Any RSVP's?

In summary, if you are not receiving any RSVP's for your grand opening, do not panic and continue promoting your event. Your grand opening will not be doomed without RSVP's, as there are other indicators of a successful event. To encourage RSVP's, offer incentives and make the process easy for guests. It is still worth investing in decorations and activities for your grand opening, as they can enhance the overall experience. Other strategies to promote your grand opening and encourage attendance include using social media, word of mouth, and providing all necessary information and details about the event.
Elleoz
I have been lurking here for a few weeks and signed my contract two weeks ago. I currently have 7 shows on the books (2 cooking shows and 5 catalog shows) but are still waiting to close them out.

I sent out about 200 flyers to everyone that I know two weeks ago with an RSVP date of July 3rd. As of this morning, I have had several no's and NO RSVP's! I am starting to panick a little.

I am scared that no one is going to show up. I have all kinds of things planned (Mystery Host, Booking Balloons, Interactive Work Stations) but I don't want to go to a huge expense if no one will be there. :cry:

What should I do? I am gettign so discouraged and I am just starting out.

Get on the phone! People are so busy that they may have forgotten. A quick reminder call will help

Yes, I was about to say the SAME thing. Flyers don't work by themselves. Call everyone you have a number for, remind them, ask if they are going to show up.If not, ask them if they'd still like to order or host a show...If not, ask them if they have any friends who'd be interested in PC products, hosting a show or becoming a consultant.

You have to call people. Host coach yourself.

When you call people also urge them to bring friends.

With the busy holiday weekend I am sure many forgot. I would just give a brief phone call "Hello, Suzie, this is ___ with the Pampered Chef, I am just reminding you about my PC open house on XXX at XXX, please feel free to bring a friend as well. Just so I can get an accurate headcount, please let me know by calling me at XXX Thank you!"

I agree with everyone else. Call them.

It may be hard to do, but you have to call everyone. When people say "no" don't take it personally. Money and time are both tight. Make sure you let them know they may place an order or book a show even if they can't come. If you don't talk to them, you won't be able to find out if they are interested. You'll find that many people forgot and are glad you called, even if they say "no".

i am in this same boat. I sent out 169+ invites and have heard about 7 no's I got 1 order and 1 maybe. I spent so much in stamps I need to get this party started. I will be making calls tonight or tomorrow am for sure!

I am not yelling....but GET ON THE PHONE! That is the only thing that will work!

I called as many people as I could and reminded everyone here at work. (I think they are getting sick of me :) ) My hubby also called everyone that he knew and got several people to agree to come. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and there was a MAJOR thunderstorm just prior to the show so several people who said they were coming didin't because of that. (Of course, it stopped about 30 minutes into it)A total of 5 people showed up (mostly family and my best friend) but so far I have several outside orders to add to it and a few more orders pending so hopefully all is not lost. Right now my show is at @ $360 and 8 people, with at least 4 more orders coming. I am just a little disappointed since I put quite a bit of money into it for food and preparations. Oh well, I have left overs and lots of fruits and veggies in the fridge to re-start my diet. Tonight, I am doing my first "official" cooking show for my sister in law. She is expecting 11 people and already has a few outside orders too. She has had shows before and always done well. She really wants the cookware so my Director and I have coached her to try and get that for her. If anyone can do it, she can :) Wish me luck tonight. I am a little nervous but ready to jump in and get r done!

$360 is better than nothing and you tried. Alot of us have been there, you just have to stay positive and stay focused.
Good luck with your cooking show tonight, sounds like a good turnout, good luck and let us know how it goes :)

Elleoz said:
I called as many people as I could and reminded everyone here at work. (I think they are getting sick of me :) ) My hubby also called everyone that he knew and got several people to agree to come. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and there was a MAJOR thunderstorm just prior to the show so several people who said they were coming didin't because of that. (Of course, it stopped about 30 minutes into it)

A total of 5 people showed up (mostly family and my best friend) but so far I have several outside orders to add to it and a few more orders pending so hopefully all is not lost. Right now my show is at @ $360 and 8 people, with at least 4 more orders coming.

I am just a little disappointed since I put quite a bit of money into it for food and preparations. Oh well, I have left overs and lots of fruits and veggies in the fridge to re-start my diet.

Tonight, I am doing my first "official" cooking show for my sister in law. She is expecting 11 people and already has a few outside orders too. She has had shows before and always done well. She really wants the cookware so my Director and I have coached her to try and get that for her. If anyone can do it, she can :) Wish me luck tonight. I am a little nervous but ready to jump in and get r done!

You still did great. Some people don't make it that far, and even though you invested some money in food and what not, you commission is almost 1/2 of the cost of the kit if you paid the full $155. You sound like you've coached your sister-in-law well, so be proud of yourself, you are doing great!:D

first - kudos to you for not giving up! 360 is a good show!

second, i think grand openings can be either very successful or very dismal. i also scheduled a grand opening and had just a few people show up; it was one of my lowest shows ever. the reasons why were that many of my friends and close acquantences had already agreed to do shows for me, and i was shy about inviting "everyone i knew" to the grand opening.

look at it this way, elle - ITS OVER! you can relax and kick patootie at your SIL's show, with lots of sales and bookings....and you're on your way to a fun PC career!!

Elleoz said:
I called as many people as I could and reminded everyone here at work. (I think they are getting sick of me :) ) My hubby also called everyone that he knew and got several people to agree to come. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and there was a MAJOR thunderstorm just prior to the show so several people who said they were coming didin't because of that. (Of course, it stopped about 30 minutes into it)

A total of 5 people showed up (mostly family and my best friend) but so far I have several outside orders to add to it and a few more orders pending so hopefully all is not lost. Right now my show is at @ $360 and 8 people, with at least 4 more orders coming.

I am just a little disappointed since I put quite a bit of money into it for food and preparations. Oh well, I have left overs and lots of fruits and veggies in the fridge to re-start my diet.

Tonight, I am doing my first "official" cooking show for my sister in law. She is expecting 11 people and already has a few outside orders too. She has had shows before and always done well. She really wants the cookware so my Director and I have coached her to try and get that for her. If anyone can do it, she can :) Wish me luck tonight. I am a little nervous but ready to jump in and get r done!

I think you did great! Good luck with your show tonight and let us know how it turned out! :)

Elleoz said:

So, how did your first "official" show go? Sounds like it had great potential!!:D

Just a quick update!

My SIL's show turned out well. There were about 7 people there, and she had several outside orders. If I remember correctly, her show ended up being around $550 or so. Not too shabby! And I got one booking and a few leads.

All in all I had a decent month :) I qualified with 5 shows submitted and I think my first month's sales were around $1600.

Now if I could turn the leads into bookings I would be good. I have the booking from the show this Sunday. I am hoping to get another booking from her. She has already told me that her family are big PC purchasers so that's good too!

Way to go! That's a great start to your business! Good luck on Sunday! :D

1. What should I do if I am not receiving any RSVP's for my grand opening?

If you are not receiving any RSVP's for your grand opening, don't panic. It is common for people to wait until the last minute to RSVP or to simply show up without RSVPing. Give it some time and continue to promote your event.

2. Will my grand opening be doomed without any RSVP's?

No, your grand opening will not be doomed without any RSVP's. While RSVP's are helpful for planning and preparing, they are not the only indicator of a successful event. Focus on promoting your event and providing a great experience for those who do show up.

3. What can I do to encourage people to RSVP?

There are a few things you can do to encourage people to RSVP. Offer an incentive, such as a special gift or discount for those who RSVP. You can also follow up with potential guests and remind them of the RSVP deadline. Lastly, make sure the RSVP process is easy and convenient for your guests.

4. Is it worth it to invest in decorations and activities for my grand opening if no one RSVP's?

Yes, it is still worth it to invest in decorations and activities for your grand opening even if no one RSVP's. These elements can add to the overall experience and create a positive impression for those who do show up. Consider scaling back on expenses if necessary, but don't skip out on important elements that will make your event special.

5. What other strategies can I use to promote my grand opening and encourage attendance?

In addition to promoting your event through flyers, consider using social media, word of mouth, and reaching out to potential guests personally. You can also offer incentives for guests to bring a friend or family member along. Lastly, make sure to provide all the necessary information and details about your grand opening to generate interest and excitement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CarolynnMaz
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • juliemomof4
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • Schylie