• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Glad I Didn't Cancel My Current Vendors!

In summary, the Pampered Chef is moving to a new vendor and will not be able to provide an October issue of the eNewsletter. However, they have created a special Customer Connection Email to help you connect with your contacts in October.
RMDave
Gold Member
Just received the following from HO:

Dear Consultant,

The first issue of our customer eNewsletter was sent in late August, and as you may be aware, there were problems with delivery to some customers. We are so very sorry that this occurred.

Our goal was to provide you with an exciting customer eNewsletter and completely reliable service. The vendor we had chosen was confident they could provide both, based on their planning and testing processes. Unfortunately, they were not able to do so. This was as disappointing to us as I know it was to you.

We’ve moved quickly to identify a new vendor who can meet the high expectations for this important tool. I’m pleased to tell you that we’ve found a new provider who will be able to deliver the high-quality eNewsletter and excellent service you deserve.

Because we’ll be transitioning to the new vendor, we will not be able to provide an October issue of the eNewsletter. However, please be assured that the customer eNewsletter will resume with the November issue.

To help you connect with your contacts in October, we have created a special Customer Connection Email. It will feature the October host and guest specials, several recipes and information on our October Help Whip Cancer programs. Watch for it on Monday, September 27.

Within the next few weeks, we’ll send you more information about the new eNewsletter service. We know this is an important tool to build your business, and we’re committed to getting it right for you.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Sincerely,

Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales
The Pampered Chef

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark used under license. Please do not reply to this e-mail. It is not set up to accept replies. You are receiving this e-mail because you are a Consultant with The Pampered Chef, Ltd. If you received this e-mail in error, please send a separate e-mail to [email protected].

Glad I didn't cancel my two current vendors.

No kidding.
Makes you wonder how the original vendor conducted their testing? One or two emails at a time, versus the thousands that they knew they'd be hit with?

I have not bitten the bullet on the HO newsletter. I opted in just so I could see it and was quite underwhelmed by it. About as boring as the "customer connection e-mails" that you cannot change or customize.I keep going back and forth between trying various vendors and crafting my own.I personally think they need to reverse the price hike.

esavvymom said:
No kidding.
Makes you wonder how the original vendor conducted their testing? One or two emails at a time, versus the thousands that they knew they'd be hit with?

Someone told me the original vendor was Merrill. I think that explains it plenty, no?

leftymac said:
Someone told me the original vendor was Merrill. I think that explains it plenty, no?

I would say so!

AJPratt said:
I would say so!

Ditto on that!

I decided to not opt in until a couple months had gone by. I am a cautious person by nature and tend to take a 'wait & see' attitude towards new things. I am glad I did! For all who are working thru this may you be blessed with patience while they work out the kinks.

Last edited:
here's what I don't get, I keep hearing how underwhelmed everyone is with Merrill, especially the chaotic clothes sizes. Why doesn't home office listen and find us a better vendor, or maybe two or three?

The only thing I have bought from Merrill are my window stickers for my car. The clothes are EXPENSIVE, especially when I hear how there is no consistency with the sizing. I'd rather create my own logo wear, which I can do because I was given the embroidery logo and I have an embroidery machine. I know I cannot create a side business creating logowear, but at least I can create my own.

I'm wondering if we can put a new spin on this and insist on some features the old one didn't have. Like the chance to REALLY personalize this newsletter the way we want it! A space to word content so we're in control of what info goes out. The chance to just e-mail it to ourselves and send to our customers!

Thoughts???

Intrepid_Chef said:
I'm wondering if we can put a new spin on this and insist on some features the old one didn't have. Like the chance to REALLY personalize this newsletter the way we want it! A space to word content so we're in control of what info goes out. The chance to just e-mail it to ourselves and send to our customers!

Thoughts???

Great idea. If we all send it to solution center AND tech support en masse....then perhaps it'll be included in the requests.

And be able to send it to your customers "ad-hoc" or whenever you want to....so if you add new people to the list, you can send them a copy of the newsletter.

I will not use the new newsletter because you cannot edit it. And we all know what luck we have with the customer evites being delivered properly....almost all mine were going to spam, and when i asked tech support if the newsletter was going to be white listed they didn't even know what that meant....so um, nooo. And if the vendor was Merrill, well that's just downright pathetic.

1. What are the benefits of sticking with my current vendors?

By staying with your current vendors, you can maintain a good relationship with them, which can lead to better deals and discounts in the future. You also save time and effort in searching for new vendors and building new partnerships.

2. How can I ensure that my current vendors are meeting my needs?

Regular communication and feedback are key in ensuring that your current vendors are meeting your needs. Schedule meetings or calls to discuss any concerns or changes you would like to see. By having an open and honest dialogue, you can work together to find solutions.

3. What if my current vendors are not providing quality products or services?

If your current vendors are not meeting your standards, it's important to address the issue directly with them. Give specific examples and offer suggestions for improvement. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to consider finding a new vendor.

4. How can I maintain a good relationship with my current vendors?

Regular communication, timely payment, and showing appreciation for their services are all important in maintaining a good relationship with your current vendors. Keeping the lines of communication open and addressing any concerns promptly can also help to strengthen the partnership.

5. Is it ever a good idea to cancel my current vendors?

While it is important to regularly evaluate your vendors and their performance, it is not always necessary or beneficial to cancel them. If your current vendors are meeting your needs and providing quality products or services, it may be best to stick with them. However, if they consistently fail to meet your expectations, it may be time to consider finding new vendors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PChefRenee
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Admin Greg