• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

From the Associated Press...just Had to Share This in Case Anyone

In summary, the man who designed the Pringles potato chip packaging system was so proud of his accomplishment that a portion of his ashes has been buried in one of the iconic cans.
sklay723
Gold Member
From the Associated Press...just had to share this in case anyone missed it! Can you imagine what the guy who invented the little plastic TicTac container must be thinking right now?

"CINCINNATI - The man who designed the Pringles potato crisp packaging system was so proud of his accomplishment that a portion of his ashes has been buried in one of the iconic cans.

Fredric J. Baur, of Cincinnati, died May 4 at Vitas Hospice in Cincinnati, his family said. He was 89.

Baur's children said they honored his request to bury him in one of the cans by placing part of his cremated remains in a Pringles container in his grave in suburban Springfield Township. The rest of his remains were placed in an urn buried along with the can, with some placed in another urn and given to a grandson, said Baur's daughter, Linda Baur of Diamondhead, Miss.

Baur requested the burial arrangement because he was proud of his design of the Pringles container, a son, Lawrence Baur of Stevensville, Mich., said Monday.

Baur was an organic chemist and food storage technician who specialized in research and development and quality control for Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble Co.

Baur filed for a patent for the tubular Pringles container and for the method of packaging the curved, stacked chips in the container in 1966, and it was granted in 1970, P&G archivist Ed Rider said.

Baur retired from P&G in the early 1980s."

You might said he's been Lay's to rest.

Why am I not surprised that you're the first to reply? :) Guess what's actually pretty funny is that "Lay" is my last name! Not related to the potato chip company at all though. :(

Did he die of natural causes or was he a salted?

You might say P&G finally canned him.

It's a good thing that they buried that cannister, otherwise he might accidentally been recycled.

Am I all alone in this eulogy? I heard this guy's friends were all dips.

Well, we can only blame him for the container, not the pressed potato food product it held nor the dumb name. Better living through chemistry, I guess.I'm going to bed now. The rest of you jokesters can take it from here.(I wonder if only his pressed chips were stacked or if his wife was, too?)

I think everyone here is just waiting to see what else you can add! LOL!

OMG! KG does this stuff just jump into your head?? I am in awe!

I've been told that when I went through the assembly plant, something didn't get wired up quite right.

Wow I can't believe he was allowed to get the patent and it didn't belong to P&G.

My Grandfather worked for International Harverster. He invented the metal cover w/the holes over the pipes on semi trucks. Truckers at the time would hop out of their truck and accidently rub up on the pipes which would burn them! Havester had the patent since he designed it for them. He did receive a $250 bonus:)! He was always happy with that! The story was always so wonderful to hear through my childhood! He was so proud of it.

Now when I drive down the highway I can look at all the semi's with my Grandfather's invention!

Needless to say, he was barried in a traditional coffen:)!

Does his coffin have perforated stainless heat baffles?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

LOL - No, but that would have been a great idea:)! My Grandmother picked a beautiful walnut wood one.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I would just love to see one of your shows!!! I'm sure I'd be rolling on the floor the whole time.

Related to From the Associated Press...just Had to Share This in Case Anyone

1. What is "From the Associated Press...just Had to Share This in Case Anyone"?

"From the Associated Press...just Had to Share This in Case Anyone" is a blog post or article that was published by the Associated Press and is being shared by someone for others to read.

2. Why is this particular article being shared?

This article is being shared because the person who shared it found it interesting, informative, or thought-provoking and wants to share it with others.

3. Is this article related to Pampered Chef?

No, this article may not be related to Pampered Chef. It is simply being shared by someone who may find it interesting or relevant.

4. Can I trust the information in this article?

As a company, Pampered Chef does not endorse or verify the information in this article. It is always important to fact-check and do your own research before believing any information from a source.

5. How can I find more articles from the Associated Press?

You can visit the Associated Press website or follow their social media pages to find more articles from them. You can also search for articles on their website using keywords related to your interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Back