• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friends-themed Recipe Ideas for Ashley's Show!

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is planning a Friends-themed party and is looking for recipe ideas. They mention the trifle episode and discuss making a tart, cookies, and a ring named after Ross and Rachel. They also discuss using a punch recipe and the idea of making flavored ice cubes. They mention being a huge Friends fan and planning to do trivia at the party.
AlohaChef
Hey there...
I am doing a Friends show next week and was wondering if anyone has any recipes ideas to go with the theme?
Thanks
Ashley

What are you doing specifically?

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but ever since the Trifle Bowl was announced my sister and I have been talking about the Friends episode where Rachel made a trifle. It had whipped cream and cake....then she turned 2 pages instead of 1 in the cookbook and added meat and potatoes.:p

Anyway, that's what I thought of when you mentioned Friends.

There's tons of epis about food on friends since monica was a chef.
The epi about the trifle was hilarious!
The epi where monica goes nutz trying to figure out Phibis grandmother's special cookie recipe and her name was NeslA ToLL HoUZA ...get it? nestle tollhouse?
You could make cookies as the dessert or appetizer and just mention it's your grandmothers recipe...then say that name and see if anyone gets it...just for fun. :)

Oh man...there's so much more too. I found this for you to help you out...
http://www.chowhound.com/topics/356521
There's TONS of stuff in that website you could use...Like make a tart and then keep repeating Tarlet and say "the word has lost all meaning...that'd be hilarious!

http://teamsugar.com/group/46886/blog/148520
This ones good..and at the bottom it has some recipes.

Anyway, Hope that helps! I love the idea...I love "friends" too...

FriendsThanks for your help! I will be checking out those sites! :)
We have decided to do a ring (unless one of those sites as something better) and call it Ross and Rachel's Roundabout and we were trying to think of something else to call the Island Breeze Rum Cake (since they went to the Carribean for someone's wedding (can't remember whose) and they went to Bermuda for the Palentologist convention...so if anyone has any creative names to call it that would be great...:)
We thought of the trifle with Rachel too...we had thought about just making a shepards pie in the trifle, but I think I could the strawberry cheesecake in the trifle too...LOTS to play with..
We will be doing trivia and the food...I am not sure if we will be watching an epi - maybe while I am closing people out?
Thanks for the help.

I'm a HUGE Friends fan!!! I have every season on DVD! So - I'm so excited to hear about your ideas for a Friends Themed Party!

Another idea - Monica & Rachel have a party where Ross breaks off the knob on their furnace causing their party to be soooo hot that everyone strips down to their slips, t-shirts, and boxers. I've heard of people having "pajama" Pampered Chef parties - so you could tie that in...OR - simply - (because at the party Monica serves plates of ice cubes) use the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan to make flavored ice cubes (Kool-Ade works well, or I have a recipe for "Sparkling Raspberry Lemondade" that I could send you) and decorate a punch bowl with some beautiful, decorative ice cubes.

Have fun!!

trifleI wish I had the silicone flower pan! I dont :( But I like those ideas. You can send me the punch recipe if you would like - I might be able to use the trifle for it! :) Thanks...:)

Make sure you have LOTS of cups and ice, too. :)

Related to Friends-themed Recipe Ideas for Ashley's Show!

What are some popular "Friends"-themed recipe ideas for Ashley's show?

Some popular "Friends"-themed recipe ideas for Ashley's show include Monica's famous Thanksgiving turkey, Joey's meatball sub, Ross' Moist Maker sandwich, Phoebe's vegetarian lasagna, and Chandler's cheesecake.

How can I make a "Friends"-themed dessert for Ashley's show?

One fun "Friends"-themed dessert idea for Ashley's show is to create a trifle inspired by Rachel's infamous Thanksgiving dessert. Layer pound cake, custard, jam, raspberries, and whipped cream for a sweet and humorous treat.

Are there any appetizer ideas from "Friends" that would be perfect for Ashley's show?

Yes, there are several appetizer ideas from "Friends" that would be perfect for Ashley's show. Some options include Chandler's favorite holiday snack, "Mockolate," Phoebe's grandmother's secret cookie recipe, and Monica's famous mini quiches.

Can I create a "Friends"-themed cocktail for Ashley's show?

Absolutely! For a fun and refreshing beverage, try making a "Joey Special" margarita with ingredients like tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and a splash of cranberry juice. You could also create a "Ross on the Rocks" drink with whiskey, bitters, and a maraschino cherry.

Do you have any suggestions for a "Friends"-themed main dish for Ashley's show?

For a tasty and creative main dish, consider making a "Central Perk" inspired coffee-rubbed steak. Another option is to recreate Monica's famous "Moist Maker" turkey sandwich, complete with cranberry sauce and gravy. You could also make a "Trifle Shepherd's Pie" with layers of beef, vegetables, and mashed potatoes, inspired by Rachel's Thanksgiving mishap.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison