• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who Have Purchased a Wii....

yet). I would say it is worth the investment, but it is not something you would just use for fun. It is more for a workout.The Wii Fit is what I really want, but I have to have the Wii first, right??My SIL likes her Wii Fit. It was fun, but I get frustrated with the stop and start. I'd rather just keep going with my exercises. It was challenging and I was quite sore the next day. As far as buying a package, I'm not sure about the prices. You can go onto Best Buy or Circuit City's website and get the individual prices for all of that stuff. We just bought an extra remote and a charger that charges two remotes at
chefmeg
Gold Member
is the following a good price on what is listed:

From $519.00
Final price depends on the options you choose.

Nintendo Wii Bundle w/ Wii Fit Includes:
Nintendo Wii Console
Wii Remote Controller
Wii Nunchuk Controller
Wii Fit w/ Balance Board
Your Choice of Wii Fit Accessory
Your Choice of Accessory
Choose Two (2) Games

Please choose the following option(s) to complete your bundle:
Your Choice of Accessory
Your Choice of 2 Games

Well my Wii was $250 and Wii fit was $89. I haven't bought any Wii Fit accessories and don't see why I really need any. Are the games ones you would buy on their own? If not, then it's definitely not worth it. If Wii Play is one of the game, I'd get that (it comes with a 2nd wii-mote). I bought my Wii for Wii fit and Guitar Hero, but then again I bought it for me and not for any kids, so I wasn't too worried about anything else :)

So, please tell me more about WiiFit! Sounds intriguing.My kids have a Wii, so if it is good...I might just find for myself too. ;)

When we bought ours we opted not to get the bundle either. We bought a few games on our own-one being Wii Play. We also bought Wii Fit.

CyndiWilliams said:
So, please tell me more about WiiFit! Sounds intriguing.

My kids have a Wii, so if it is good...I might just find for myself too. ;)

I love the Wii fit. Definitely worth it.

I just can't get past why we would need nunchuks.....................

the Wii Fit is what I really want, but I have to have the Wii first, right??

My SIL likes her Wii Fit. It was fun, but I get frustrated with the stop and start. I'd rather just keep going with my exercises. It was challenging and I was quite sore the next day.

As far as buying a package, I'm not sure about the prices. You can go onto Best Buy or Circuit City's website and get the individual prices for all of that stuff. We just bought an extra remote and a charger that charges two remotes at a time. Batteries are expensive. Then we bought Dance Dance Revolution and an extra mat. Apparently the Wii Fit board can also be used for Wii Ski, and maybe other games. We have Guitar Hero III and car racing games. It's more fun to have the guitar and the steering wheel, but you can manuever those games w/o the accessories. All you really need is the remote.

Oh, and we did buy a nunchuck because my kids said we needed it. I can't even remember what it looks like. It's in the basement. Go to amazon.com and read reviews about the Wii and the nunchucks. That is what I did, and I decided to buy them.

The Wii nunchuks are not like martial arts nunchuks. You need them for boxing & certain games that you'll purchase separately. They are just a 2nd type of controller (for any game /activity that requires 2 hands).When I bought ours I bought just the basic Wii system plus "Wii play) that came with an additional controller & a few extra games. I also bought a 2nd nunchuk as advised by friends who already owned Wii.Can't speak to the Wii fit, except to say that I really want one. But you can definitely have lots of fun w/o it as you learn the basics.

chefmeg said:

From $519.00

Nintendo Wii Console $249
Wii Remote Controller comes with Console
Wii Nunchuk Controller comes with Console
Wii Fit w/ Balance Board $89
Your Choice of Wii Fit Accessory (depends on what you pick)
Your Choice of Accessory (I would pick the extra controller) this is maybe $25 or $30?
Choose Two (2) Games (depends on what you pick) I would assume $30-50 per game

Are these IN ADDITION to the Above?
Your Choice of Accessory
Your Choice of 2 Games

I have the Wii and LOVE it! I found mine at the standard retail price ($249). It only came with one controller.

I added the prices I knew to your list. You would need to pick your desired accessories and go on the web and price them out as if you bought them separately. If the options have everything you would buy anyway, it might be a good deal.

We definitely needed the extra remote. We also picked up a charger base for the remotes. I could not see replacing the batteries constantly.

Also the Wii Fit is very hard to find right now (I am looking and no luck!)

And yes you do need the Wii if you want the Wii Fit. :)

peichef said:
The Wii nunchuks are not like martial arts nunchuks. You need them for boxing & certain games that you'll purchase separately. They are just a 2nd type of controller (for any game /activity that requires 2 hands).When I bought ours I bought just the basic Wii system plus "Wii play) that came with an additional controller & a few extra games. I also bought a 2nd nunchuk as advised by friends who already owned Wii.Can't speak to the Wii fit, except to say that I really want one. But you can definitely have lots of fun w/o it as you learn the basics.
That's right. I use the nunchucks for DDR! We do use those quite a bit.

I recommend getting the nunchuks because just for the boxing game alone, it's hilarious!!! I know many other games use them, but this is the main one we use them for. My 6 year old can beat the crud out of all us.

Good luck finding a Wii fit for those of you who don't have it yet. I can't find it anywhere!:( Although, to be honest, now that I have a new laptop, it's kinda hard to justify buying that now.

chefmeg said:
I just can't get past why we would need nunchuks.....................

the Wii Fit is what I really want, but I have to have the Wii first, right??

You need them for boxing. They don't look like real nunchuks if that helps- it plugs into the remote, so that you have a control for each hand...

We bought a Wii this past weekend, and have been working out for the past two days with it. Didn't get the Wii Fit yet...but got the Wii, and we bowl three games and box 5 games each day. Yesterday we played a couple of each game- my shoulder blades are a little sore from the boxing and bowling today! It's fun!

We looked into gym memberships and quite honestly after using the Wii for 2.5 months we will have almost made our money back for what it would be for both of us to join a gym- DH played tennis today AND walked both dogs separately so he got quite a bit of cardio today!

I don't know much about the bundling, but it seems sorta pricey...

oooohhh....I love the tennis....My DH makes fun of me because I'm all over the place playing it. Then, of course, there was the knee injury....LOL pretty sad that this happens when you can be completely stationary and only flick your wrist.

My sister got me a Wii fit for my birthday yesterday. I gotta get it hooked into the Wii and try it out! I can't wait.

erinb said:
oooohhh....I love the tennis....My DH makes fun of me because I'm all over the place playing it. Then, of course, there was the knee injury....LOL pretty sad that this happens when you can be completely stationary and only flick your wrist.

Did you Mii hurt her knee, or did you hurt your knee? DH KO'd me tonight in boxing. I made him make a Mii that didn't look like him, and I made a Mii that didn't look like me so that we were'nt really boxing eachother- I start to feel really bad for his Mii when I beat the crud out of it! LOL

I love the golf and the bowling! Too fun!!!

I'm just as bad at Wii tennis as I am at real tennis!

I just got my wii last weekend for my birthday. The wii was $249.95 & wii fit was $89.95.
wii starter kit $49.99
wii play w/remote $49.99
wii nunchuk $19.99
wii play & drive soft sports $29.99
I got the wii & wii fit at Target (I got the last wii fit @ 8:30am Sunday by that afternoon they had no more wii's). We got all the other items at best buy.
We love tennis, bowling, baseball & boxing.

I am horrible at baseball! I swear I have not once hit a ball since I got my Wii back in May! I do love tennis, bowling and boxing though! I am one of those players that plays all around even though you don't really need to move that much (good thing I live alone - hehehe!)

If it comes bundled with WiiFit, does it come with WiiSports, or is that a separate game choice? Our $249 included WiiSports, but since it wasn't explicit in your bundle I wonder....You need the nunchucks for things in WiiFit, too. I wish we had a second nunchuck for boxing each other!There are a lot of Wii games that are expensive, and would make the bundle worth it if you really wanted them (but I am concerned that the bundle says it STARTS at $519 and goes up based on choices... why bundle then?). One great looking one that we are planning on getting soon is Game Party; it has skee ball, air hockey, darts, trivia... and is just $20.

If you have a Game Stop or somthing like it where you are, you can purchase used games for much less and they have a guarantee on them.

pamperedbecky said:
I recommend getting the nunchuks because just for the boxing game alone, it's hilarious!!! I know many other games use them, but this is the main one we use them for. My 6 year old can beat the crud out of all us.

Good luck finding a Wii fit for those of you who don't have it yet. I can't find it anywhere!:( Although, to be honest, now that I have a new laptop, it's kinda hard to justify buying that now.

This is how I found our Wii and Wii fit. Nintendo Wii Tracker - Find Nintendo Wii In Stock Online this finds them available online and then iTrackr finds them in your area in stock.

kaseydee said:
I just got my wii last weekend for my birthday. The wii was $249.95 & wii fit was $89.95.
wii starter kit $49.99
wii play w/remote $49.99
wii nunchuk $19.99
wii play & drive soft sports $29.99
I got the wii & wii fit at Target (I got the last wii fit @ 8:30am Sunday by that afternoon they had no more wii's). We got all the other items at best buy.
We love tennis, bowling, baseball & boxing.

when I do the math on this, Kasey, it looks like the bundle cost is the same!

chefmeg said:

From $519.00

Nintendo Wii Console
Wii Remote Controller
Wii Nunchuk Controller
Wii Fit w/ Balance Board
Your Choice of Accessory
Choose Two (2) Games

Your Choice of Accessory
Your Choice of 2 Games

Would you be buying this new or used??? That makes a difference on if this is a good deal!

from what I've seen around I think wii has something w/all their vendors that there really isn't a cheaper way to buy any of the items for it.

KateD said:
If it comes bundled with WiiFit, does it come with WiiSports, or is that a separate game choice? Our $249 included WiiSports, but since it wasn't explicit in your bundle I wonder....

You need the nunchucks for things in WiiFit, too. I wish we had a second nunchuck for boxing each other!

There are a lot of Wii games that are expensive, and would make the bundle worth it if you really wanted them (but I am concerned that the bundle says it STARTS at $519 and goes up based on choices... why bundle then?). One great looking one that we are planning on getting soon is Game Party; it has skee ball, air hockey, darts, trivia... and is just $20.

We have the game party game and it is a lot of fun. The skee ball is great!

Related to forThose Who Have Purchased a Wii....

1. How do I set up my Wii for the first time?

To set up your Wii, first make sure you have all the necessary components, including the console, power adapter, sensor bar, and controllers. Then, connect the power adapter to the console and plug it into an outlet. Next, place the sensor bar either on top of or below your TV, and make sure it is centered. Finally, turn on the console and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.

2. How do I connect my Wii to the internet?

To connect your Wii to the internet, you will need a wireless internet connection or a Wii LAN adapter. From the Wii menu, go to Wii Settings and select Internet. Choose Connection Settings and then select an available connection. Follow the prompts to enter your wireless network name and password, or to set up a wired connection with the LAN adapter.

3. How do I download games on my Wii?

To download games on your Wii, you will need to access the Wii Shop Channel. From the Wii menu, go to Wii Shop Channel and select Start Shopping. You can browse for games by category or search for a specific title. Once you have found a game you want to purchase, select it and follow the prompts to complete the download. You will need to have Wii Points, which can be purchased through the Wii Shop Channel or at retail stores.

4. Can I play GameCube games on my Wii?

Yes, the Wii is backwards compatible with GameCube games. To play GameCube games on your Wii, you will need a GameCube controller and a GameCube memory card. Turn on your Wii and open the disc slot cover. Insert the GameCube game disc and close the cover. Use the GameCube controller to navigate and play the game. Note that not all Wii models have backwards compatibility, so make sure to check the model number on your Wii before attempting to play GameCube games.

5. How do I troubleshoot if my Wii is not working properly?

If your Wii is not working properly, try these troubleshooting steps: 1) Make sure all cables are securely connected and the power is turned on. 2) Check for any updates to the system software. 3) Try resetting the console by unplugging it for a few minutes and then plugging it back in. 4) Check for any obstructions to the sensor bar. 5) If none of these steps work, contact Nintendo customer support for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • hlaffoon5
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
khood
  • yummy4tummy