• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing Stained DCB: Tips for Removing BBQ Sauce Stains | TIA!

In summary, the conversation is about removing stains from stoneware. Suggestions include using a baking soda paste and accepting that the stains are a natural part of the stoneware's seasoning process. Some people even purposely try to create more stains for better cooking results.
leahevanson
Gold Member
I saw the thread about the stained mix n scraper, and that reminded me that my DCB has stains in it. I think it came from the 20 Minute BBQ Ribs. Any suggestions for getting them out?

TIA!

I have seen people write to use baking soda and water to make a paste, and rub it in. Other than that I don't know what may work.

Just keep using it. It will fade.

tlag1986 said:
I have seen people write to use baking soda and water to make a paste, and rub it in. Other than that I don't know what may work.

Baking Soda pastes will be off everything that should come off. If this doesn't take care of it, then you have 'seasoned' your stone and the more you use it, the rest will take on that look inside too.

i made a beef roast in mine and it also stained it. I put it back in the box and haven't used it again. I think I will get it back out and try again. I have been reading lots of the ideas for recipes on this site and am anxious to get back to business.
thanks for all the wonderful ideas.

Stains? Hmmm, that's just the nature of stoneware. It's called seasoning the stoneware. "The uglier it looks, the better it cooks".:)

Mine did that when I made baked beans in it. I figure it has started the seasoning process!! :)

I use mine constantly & its looking pretty bad.....YEA!!!! :D
oh..BTW, nothing sticks...;)

I don't worry about stains in my stones. I just make sure it's clean (as in crease and bits gone).

I made a peach cherry cobbler in my DDB and it was stained pink for a while. It's slowly fading as I make more things in it.

I'd LOVE to have more stains on my dcb! I'm working on it! LOL
Nothing sticks to mine either!

1. How do I remove BBQ sauce stains from my DCB?

To remove BBQ sauce stains from your DCB, start by mixing equal parts white vinegar and water. Then, using a sponge or cloth, gently dab the solution onto the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off. Repeat if necessary until the stain is gone. You can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water or a stain remover specifically designed for removing food stains.

2. Can I use bleach to remove BBQ sauce stains on my DCB?

No, it is not recommended to use bleach on your DCB as it can damage the material. Stick to using natural stain removers or products specifically made for removing food stains.

3. Will soaking my DCB in hot water help remove BBQ sauce stains?

Soaking your DCB in hot water can help loosen up the stain, but it may not completely remove it. It is best to use a stain remover or try one of the methods mentioned above for best results.

4. Is there a certain type of cloth that works best for removing BBQ sauce stains?

Cotton or microfiber cloths tend to work best for removing BBQ sauce stains on DCBs. They are gentle enough to not damage the material, but also effective at absorbing the stain.

5. Can I put my DCB in the washing machine to remove BBQ sauce stains?

It is not recommended to put your DCB in the washing machine to remove BBQ sauce stains. The harsh spinning and agitation can damage the material. Stick to hand washing or using a stain remover for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
kltaylo