• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director FB Naming Policy: What Happened?

In summary, there was specific guidance in the policy guidelines about how FB pages must be named when first permitted to use the platform. However, that portion seems to have been removed and there are now different variations being used. The policy also states that Independent Consultants must disclose their full name and identify themselves as such on all social media postings. The use of the Independent Consultant Logo, contact information, and link to Personal Web Site is also allowed. Anonymous postings are prohibited.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
When we were first permitted to use FB, there was specific guidance in the policy guidelines about how it must be named. I can't find that now, and I notice some of you on here are using different variations. I'm guessing they deleted that part of the policy but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Not up on my policies for FB sorry I am of no help.

I didn't see anything about FB page titles. Just what title you would use for your PWS. That's where it said you couldn't include words such as chef, pampered, pamper or the tagline.Here's what I found about FB in particular:
You may promote your Pampered Chef® business on such sites in the following ways:
• You must disclose your full name on all social media postings, and conspicuously identify yourself as an Independent Consultant or Independent Sales Director (or appropriate title) for The
Pampered Chef®.
• You may include the Independent Consultant Logo, your e-mail address, phone number, and link to your Personal Web Site on your profile or page. See Linking to Your PWS Through Social Networking Sites section for additional policies on PWS linking.
• Anonymous postings are prohibited.

pamperedbecky said:
I didn't see anything about FB page titles. Just what title you would use for your PWS. That's where it said you couldn't include words such as chef, pampered, pamper or the tagline.

Here's what I found about FB in particular:
You may promote your Pampered Chef® business on such sites in the following ways:
• You must disclose your full name on all social media postings, and conspicuously identify yourself as an Independent Consultant or Independent Sales Director (or appropriate title) for The
Pampered Chef®.
• You may include the Independent Consultant Logo, your e-mail address, phone number, and link to your Personal Web Site on your profile or page. See Linking to Your PWS Through Social Networking Sites section for additional policies on PWS linking.
• Anonymous postings are prohibited.

Thanks all I saw too Becky. It used to state how it had to be named because I remember specifically wording mine that way. They must have removed it.

What is the FB naming policy?

The FB naming policy is a set of rules and guidelines put in place by Facebook to regulate the names that users can use on their profiles. This includes both personal profiles and business pages.

Why did the FB naming policy change?

The FB naming policy changed in order to improve user safety and reduce the number of fake accounts on the platform. The new policy requires users to provide their real names and prohibits the use of fake names or pseudonyms.

What are the consequences of violating the FB naming policy?

If a user violates the FB naming policy, they may be asked to provide documentation to prove their real name or make a change to their name on their profile. Failure to comply may result in the user's account being suspended or disabled.

Can I use a nickname or alias on my FB profile?

No, the FB naming policy requires users to use their real names on their profiles. Nicknames, aliases, and pseudonyms are not allowed.

How can I report a user for violating the FB naming policy?

If you come across a user who you believe is violating the FB naming policy, you can report them by going to their profile, clicking on the three dots next to "Message" and selecting "Report". From there, you can select the option for "They're using a fake name or pseudonym" and provide any additional information or evidence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • babywings76