• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Tips for Removing Melted Plastic from a Saute Pan - Try Now!

In summary, the best way to clean a sauté pan is to let it cool down, soak it in warm water with dish soap, and then wipe away any food residue. It is not recommended to put it in the dishwasher, and for stubborn stains, a paste of baking soda and water can be used. Metal utensils should not be used with a sauté pan, and it should be stored properly to avoid scratches and damage to the non-stick coating.
patty42240
My son accidentally set my saute' pan against a bread wrapper while it was hot and now there is melted plastic on the bottom and side of my pan. I have soaked it and scrubbed it with a steel pad but cannot seem to get it all off. Any suggestions?

If it's stainless steel, you can use nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol. Make sure to wash it well afterwards, though! I suppose it would also work on the Professional pans as they are not non-stick on the outside.

I tried that :( did not work. I guess I will email HO and see what they suggest. Thanks!

Warm water and a pan scraper. I've done the same thing...but I did it on the Professional pan. I may have finished it off with the green scrubby sponge....

The important thing will be to heat it. Once it's gently warmed the plastic will be easier to get off. The pan scraper and a nylon scrubbie Amy suggested should work well.

WHEW! I finally got it all off! I used some Goo Gone and a metal scraper and rubbed and scraped and rubbed and scraped LOL It finally all came off and did not leave any scrape marks on the bottom of the pan. That really shows the quality of the Professional Cookware! Thanks so much for the advice!

I was just thinking of you today. I was wondering how you made out. I am glad it worked out!

Thanks Anne! I am thrilled it came off.. my son really felt bad...he thought I was going to have to throw it away LOL I told him I just could NOT throw away his "fried bologna" pan LOL

Related to Effective Tips for Removing Melted Plastic from a Saute Pan - Try Now!

What is the best way to clean a sauté pan?

The best way to clean a sauté pan is to let it cool down after use and then fill it with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for a few minutes, then use a soft sponge or dishcloth to wipe away any food residue. Rinse with warm water and dry with a towel.

Can I put my sauté pan in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your sauté pan in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating and cause it to wear off faster. It is best to hand wash your sauté pan with warm water and mild dish soap.

How do I remove stubborn stains or burnt-on food from my sauté pan?

If your sauté pan has stubborn stains or burnt-on food, you can create a paste using baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the affected areas and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge or brush. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

Can I use metal utensils with my sauté pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with your sauté pan as they can scratch the non-stick coating. It is best to use wooden, silicone, or nylon utensils to preserve the non-stick surface.

How do I store my sauté pan to keep it in good condition?

To keep your sauté pan in good condition, it is important to store it properly. Avoid stacking other pots or pans on top of it, as this can cause scratches and damage the non-stick coating. It is best to hang your sauté pan or store it on a shelf with a protective liner in between to prevent scratches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dawn4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • finley1991