1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Doing my due diligence

1. Hi, my name is James, and I am looking at becoming a Consultant.
    My situation is that I am a single dad who works for a non-profit. My daughter does competative gymnastics, which is not cheap. I have been concidering possible ways to make some extra money. One of my friends had a party this past weekend, and I enjoyed it. I ended up talking to the consultant about PC, and am interested. She gave me some more info, and has invited me to her team meeting next weekend. Right now I am just checking into PC, doing my due diligence. I would also like to get some feedback from some new consultants and the male consultants about their experiences, both good and bad.
    Thanks in advance.

2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Hi James!
    I think that's great you're looking into this opportunity. You'll probably hear from a few of the male consultants who are on this board, but I just wanted to say you should go for it! You'll never know what this experience would be like for you until you try. And you may have heard that some of the top performers in the company are men! You definitely have a unique situation when you're a male and have a mostly female audience! If there are any specific questions you have about the business, be sure to post them here. Everyone is so helpful and you'll get all kinds of great ideas.

I think it's a great way to make some extra income or replace other income when you step up the business a little. Good luck to you! :)

3. Thanks Becky, my consultant did mention that men tend to do a bit better, the whole man in the kitchen thing. :p
    I am very impressed so far with what I have found, I have not been able to find anything bad from any consultants past or present. The only few bad things have been guys complaining about being chased out of thier house because of a parting going on, or their significant other going off to one. :D
    My sister sold PC for a while a couple of years ago, and she said I would do well. So at this point I plan to go to the team meeting and make a final decision after that, but at this point I am very excited about this.

4. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I do not have enough good things to say about PC. They are a terrific company, they have awesome products, great customer service and treat their consultants very well.

But, like anything, you get out of it what you put into it. I think some people get into the business thinking that you don't actually have to do any work! Then they are sorely disappointed when they fail. If you are prepared to make this a job and not a hobby, then yes, you can do very well!

Feb 8, 2006
  5. Well I signed my consultant agreement last night, my SS1 is April :)

So it begins........

Feb 13, 2006
  6. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

Good luck!! You are very lucky that you found this site in the beginning. It will help you so much. I wish I had found it sooner than I did.

Feb 13, 2006
Have something to add?