1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Do you twitter? Can it be worked into a PC biz?

1. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Was listening to the radio this morning and thinking about Twitter. I have long resisted it but find that more and more businesses and entities are using it as a means of effective marketing.

Made me think, how effective can Twitter be as a marketing tool for your existing clients? What if you were to tweet "first person to book a show in the next 2 weeks gets a free xxx" or "awesome new promotion! email me for details!"

Obviously you wouldn't be able to say you are PC in your Twitter profile, but this would be assuming that anyone who follows you already knows you and is opting in to your tweets knowing you will be talking about PC-related stuff.

{This is NOT to start a debate on internet policies... just trying to see if there is an effective AND COMPLIANT way to use Twitter as a marketing tool.}

Apr 7, 2009
  2. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Uh, I don't even know what twitter is. I would guess something like facebook?

3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Okay I've heard about Twitter... I guess no better time to go check it out!

4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Not even sure how you twitter - I think people do it from their phones, don't they?
    Since I have the cheapest, no frills type of cell phone (I just want to be able to make an occasional call, or two-way my DH....) I don't think I'll be twittering anytime soon!

Apr 7, 2009
  5. I've been on Twitter for years (same screen name as here) I recently jumped ship because it has become SUCH a tool for self promotion that everyone is shouting their promotions and not reading what anyone else is writing...others feel the same as me. Imaging going to a network event that was filled with a room of people just speaking about themselves but not caring what you had to say? No one hears a thing. People "follow you" not because they want to hear what you have to say but rather in hope that you will follow them back and hear their promotion....

6. The addicts, like the FB addicts, tweet from their phones. Most use the computers usually aided by Twitter support software. Personally I used Tweetdeck to keep mine organized.

7. pampermejolene

pampermejolene Advanced Member Gold Member

I feel the opposite. I'm on Twitter and have many news sites and other companies that I follow so that I can know what is going on with them and when they are having promo's etc. I love it.
    I haven't used it to promote myself at all so I can't tell you from experience on my end. But I know I have gone to events because I saw them posted on Twitter and probably would not have known about them otherwise.

8. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

Michelle - I am so lost with Twitter. I don't really understand it....

Apr 19, 2009
Have something to add?