• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Holiday Tipping Expected for Service Providers?

In summary, most people do not tip their service people at Christmas, but some people do. Some people give a gift, while others just give money.
I didn't take the time to read through everyone else's comments, but The Furry Guy and I had this discussion a week or so before Christmas. We tip generously throughout the year. I give my hairdresser a bit extra at my December appointment. We leave baked goodies for our mail carrier (which she shares with the workers back at the office) and our paper carriers. It's not really legal to give a monetary gift to mail carriers.

As for UPS drivers and many of the others, The Furry Guy has an issue with tipping someone who makes more per year than he does. I agree. It's different if you have a relationship outside of the normal deliveries, of course.

As I said, we generally tip very generously throughout the year. People at our favorite restaurants love me. :)

<h2>1. Should I tip for the holidays?</h2><p>Tipping during the holidays is a personal decision and there is no obligation to do so. However, if you have received exceptional service throughout the year, it is a nice gesture to show your appreciation with a small gift or tip.</p><h2>2. Who should I tip for the holidays?</h2><p>Typically, people who provide regular services to you throughout the year, such as your hairdresser, housekeeper, and package delivery carrier, are often given a small gift or tip during the holidays. However, it is ultimately up to you to decide who you would like to tip based on the level of service you have received.</p><h2>3. How much should I give as a holiday tip?</h2><p>The amount you give as a holiday tip varies depending on your budget and the level of service you have received. A good rule of thumb is to give an amount equivalent to one session or service fee. For example, if your hairdresser charges $50 for a haircut, you can give a $50 tip. If you are on a tight budget, a small gift or a heartfelt thank you note can also be a meaningful gesture.</p><h2>4. Do I have to tip everyone on the list?</h2><p>No, you do not have to tip everyone on the list. It is up to you to decide who you would like to show your appreciation to. If you have received exceptional service from your newspaper deliverer or pool guy, you can choose to give them a small gift or tip. However, if you do not have a close relationship with them or have not received great service, it is okay to skip them.</p><h2>5. What if I forgot to tip someone last year?</h2><p>If you forgot to tip someone last year, you can still show your appreciation this year. It is never too late to give a small gift or tip to someone who has provided you with great service. You can also include a note apologizing for not tipping them last year and thanking them for their hard work.</p>

1. Should I tip for the holidays?

Tipping during the holidays is a personal decision and there is no obligation to do so. However, if you have received exceptional service throughout the year, it is a nice gesture to show your appreciation with a small gift or tip.

2. Who should I tip for the holidays?

Typically, people who provide regular services to you throughout the year, such as your hairdresser, housekeeper, and package delivery carrier, are often given a small gift or tip during the holidays. However, it is ultimately up to you to decide who you would like to tip based on the level of service you have received.

3. How much should I give as a holiday tip?

The amount you give as a holiday tip varies depending on your budget and the level of service you have received. A good rule of thumb is to give an amount equivalent to one session or service fee. For example, if your hairdresser charges $50 for a haircut, you can give a $50 tip. If you are on a tight budget, a small gift or a heartfelt thank you note can also be a meaningful gesture.

4. Do I have to tip everyone on the list?

No, you do not have to tip everyone on the list. It is up to you to decide who you would like to show your appreciation to. If you have received exceptional service from your newspaper deliverer or pool guy, you can choose to give them a small gift or tip. However, if you do not have a close relationship with them or have not received great service, it is okay to skip them.

5. What if I forgot to tip someone last year?

If you forgot to tip someone last year, you can still show your appreciation this year. It is never too late to give a small gift or tip to someone who has provided you with great service. You can also include a note apologizing for not tipping them last year and thanking them for their hard work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies