• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Truth About Listing Your Business on Craigslist | SF Bay Area

In summary, the consultant cannot advertise online and is only allowed to sell their products through cooking shows. If they are caught selling their products elsewhere, they will be audited and potentially be banned from selling their products.
kisrae
Gold Member
I'm not sure if any of you have been on craigslist. I usally look on for furniture or building stuff.
Well I was wondeing if anyone had listed their business and they have.
I'm just wondereing. That's not okay is it?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/hsh/333580522.html

We cannot advertise online at all. So it's not okay.

to keep it easier for myself to refer to I pulled this info directly from Policies and precedures.

Consultant Agreement
Terms and Conditions
A. As a Pampered Chef® Consultant, I understand and agree:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.
2. I will protect the Company’s trademarks and trade name by not reproducing the Company’s name and/or trademarks or copy any of the Company’s materials for use in any advertising without the prior written approval of the Company

PC Policies and procedures pg 21:
“Consultants of any level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Persona Web Sites. “…… “Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.”

Pg22
Consultants and above
“Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Website or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.”

Pg 23
The Home Office will randomly audit links to Personal Web Sites to ensure these guidelines are being followed. If you wish to report a violation, please e-mail Consultant Career Solutions at [email protected]

I totally thought we couldn't. Thanks for the info Paulette

I just emailed the consultant and she said thanks that she didn't know and that she was taking it down.

Quite some time ago...I found out that some sites, like Yahoo Search, Google and Craig's List just pull the names often keyed in sites. IF THEY APPEAR IN THE LIGHT BLUE portions of the Yahoo Search or at the top of the list on Google in a highlighted area, those ads were paid for. If not, it was an unsolisited (sp?) listing. The consultant usually did not do it.

Related to Discover the Truth About Listing Your Business on Craigslist | SF Bay Area

1. How do I post my business on Craigslist?

To post your business on Craigslist, go to the Craigslist website and click on the "Post to Classifieds" button. Choose the "Services offered" category and then select the appropriate subcategory for your business. Fill in all the required information, such as your business name, location, and contact information. You can also add images and a description of your business to make your listing more appealing.

2. Is it free to list my business on Craigslist?

Yes, it is free to list your business on Craigslist. However, there are some optional add-ons that may require a fee, such as posting in multiple cities or adding images to your listing. These fees are minimal and can help increase the visibility of your business on the site.

3. How can I make my business stand out on Craigslist?

To make your business stand out on Craigslist, you can use eye-catching images, write a detailed and informative description, and include keywords that are relevant to your business in the title and description. You can also consider using paid add-ons, such as featured listings, to increase the visibility of your business on the site.

4. Can I edit my business listing on Craigslist?

Yes, you can edit your business listing on Craigslist at any time. Simply go to the "Manage" section on your Craigslist account and click on the "Edit" button next to your listing. You can then make any necessary changes to your listing, such as updating your contact information or adding new images.

5. How can I track the success of my business listing on Craigslist?

Craigslist does not provide any tracking tools for business listings. However, you can use Google Analytics or other website tracking tools to monitor the traffic to your business website from your Craigslist listing. You can also keep track of how many inquiries or new customers you receive from your Craigslist listing to gauge its success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies