• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Discover Exciting Questions in Today's Survey on Product Expansion and More!"

In summary, the survey seems to be focusing on continuing to focus on products and not branching out too much into other areas. It seems like they are planning on expanding the line of products to include more kitchen tools.
pamperedbecky
Did everyone get the survey today? Interesting questions!! Especially about what products we'd like to see them expand, like pantry products! And questions about our feelings about carrying other types of products. Hmmmmm. Makes me wonder what they're planning.....

Interesting! Anyone have any inside scoop??

I got the survey. I do wonder where they are trying to take us. LOL! I don't want to see us compete with TS or HG. I like that we are product focused and would like to see it stay that way.

I didn't get the survey but hope they don't go in too much of a food direction. I understand the repeat biz with reorders but with TS and Partylite with food now too, I like that we have concrete products and people know what to expect with us...

That's basically what I said in my survey Colleen. Oh, and you may want to check your SPAM box. That's where mine was.

Can't wait to get home and see if I got one as well!

Chef Kearns said:
That's basically what I said in my survey Colleen. Oh, and you may want to check your SPAM box. That's where mine was.

Thanks Sandra... nothing in my SPAM. No biggie though... I trust my fellow consultants and what they say!

i didn't get one either.

I got one but haven't filled it out yet.

I did get one, filled it out and sent it in. I remember getting an e-mail years ago on pictures of different products and then rating how we thought they would sell. I guess I was more comfortable with that because it focused on products. This was more ...should we go in the direction of TS, Shakelee, sell electronic products for the kitchen....I just can't imagine the returns with electronic products. But I do trust that they will keep our company strong.

Food Processor! I want a food processor! LOL

I didn't get a survey, darn it!

I do remember the food line from the 90's though ... the Tortilla Soup is one big one that stands out in my mind. My step-sister was a consultant at the time. I don't think the food line was a big seller for her. Maybe that's why they discontinued it? LOL

Sheila said:
I don't think the food line was a big seller for her. Maybe that's why they discontinued it? LOL

I remember our food line. It was actually pretty good. The tortilla soup was great as was the black bean salsa. The apple cake mix was good too. Part of the problem with it was the packaging. The salsas and oils were in glass bottles and a lot of them broke in shipping and damaged other products in the in the box. It was a nightmare. Packaging has come a long way now so maybe they will revisit that...

Interesting. I didn't get a survey, but just last night at my show, FOOD was the big seller.

I was making the Mexican Cheese Crisps, and also had a couple of the sauces with me to pour over cream cheese. Everyone there bought at least one sauce, and a couple rubs/spice mixes. They were all in agreement that if PC had more food items like that, they'd be buying more - especially this time of the year when you want appetizers/desserts but don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

I got it, and answered it. I think there are still plenty of kitchen tools, smaller, along the "gadgety" line, that we don't sell that we should do. I don't care about the food products expanding, not with PL and tastefully simple out there. I go to Williams Sonoma and Crate and barrel and see lots of things we could be carrying. People love our kitchen tools. I told em focus more on tools, less on food. And definitely NOT electric stuff--geez i really don't want to start hauling a mixer or a food processor around.

Chef Kearns said:
I got the survey. I do wonder where they are trying to take us. LOL! I don't want to see us compete with TS or HG. I like that we are product focused and would like to see it stay that way.

That is what I said in one of the "other" boxes where they were asking what types of other products I felt were good ideas. I do like having sauces and seasonings that complement our cooking and can be great in recipes, but I said I didn't want to be too similar to TS - like the soups. I've already had one potential consultant ask me if we're trying to be like TS. Ugggg. There are SOOOO many more products that we carry that HELP in the kitchen, but I just don't want the pantry products to overpower them.

It would be interesting to get into some of the smaller electronic products, although that's always been something I thought they've tried to stay away from for the most part.

My only issue with appliances is the demo aspect. If they are electric, and if we are doing our demo at a table, we'd need an extension cord. It's not a big deal to carry but I'd hate for someone to trip over it! I like my gas burner that I take because it's self-contained and I don't have to worry about cords or anything. Plus, I like that everything is non-electric and I promote the *green* aspect of it.I have faith that PC knows what they are doing and will only offer things that they feel will make our businesses better!On the TS note, I am tired of people asking me for the Garlic Garlic and Margarita Mix!!!!!

Personally - I would HATE to get into appliances. I don't have room in my kitchen for a lot of small kitchen appliances, and one of the things I LOVE about PC is that it's all easy to clean and easy to store. Give me my chopper, my knives, my grill pan, and my double burner griddle any day over their electric counterparts! I certainly wouldn't be hauling a bunch of electric appliances to shows.

For the Food End - I never buy or demo the bread or pizza crust mixes. BUT I do love all of the items we have that compliment our demos and our products. Seasonings, Spices, Sauces, Rubs...those are great time savers to enhance recipes that we are already doing, and not really a food by themselves. (except for the cherry almond sauce, which I've been know to eat off the spoon. :D:eek:)
What I would like to see them do in that area (and they didn't ask me!:cry:) is keep things healthier/natural. I love that our spices, rubs, and sauces don't have a lot of weird ingredients. If we can promote that our pantry items are all natural and that we have some that are allergen-free for people, I think that is great! (like last night - a lady loved that the sauces we used on the cream cheese had no salt - she can't have salt...and then we found a couple of the other seasoning blends for her w/o salt too!)

I know - I think there would just be more issues with electronic appliances. The warranties wouldn't likely be more than a year. They probably couldn't be small, especially with packaging and when things go wrong, customers will probably gripe about having to send them back in because it wouldn't be cheap to do so. I do like the idea of keeping things "green" and the fact that PC has tried to keep everything "manual."

so, who knows!? We'll see what happens.

Just got it and filled it out. Interesting questions!

finley1991 said:
Just got it and filled it out. Interesting questions!

Me too! I was feeling left out.

I got the survery too... I say NO to appliance! Yuck. I would hate to sell them. I likethe idea of more food products. I think it would just enhance what we already offer.

I also got mine and said NO to appliances but yes to Dip Mixes, dessert Mixes (i'd give an arm for TS Almond Pound Cake to be in my catalog LOL) and maybe some drink mixes. One thing I learned in 11yrs of retail is you have to be competitive. Not saying go all food but give options so that people may be deterred to have a TS party (like Im having in November b/c I want dips and the cake mix for the holidays). Variety is the spice of life. We just can't be afraid of change. We will never know if something is successful or not unless we try it. TPC seems good about discontinuing duds. Time will tell!

Nanisu said:
I got it, and answered it. I think there are still plenty of kitchen tools, smaller, along the "gadgety" line, that we don't sell that we should do. I don't care about the food products expanding, not with PL and tastefully simple out there. I go to Williams Sonoma and Crate and barrel and see lots of things we could be carrying. People love our kitchen tools. I told em focus more on tools, less on food. And definitely NOT electric stuff--geez i really don't want to start hauling a mixer or a food processor around.

I don't mind the amount of food we have but many people are not going to pay for some items they can find that are similar in the store (ie. caramel sauce) but can get for half the price. That is my major complaint of TS...that and the salt content.

I agree that there has to be more kitchen things we can sell that would make meals easier. Wish they would do more with other products to make them popular. Like the DCB and the Grill pan and press. Love showing someone and making them go WOW! I need that and it is practical.

What is the purpose of the "Survey Emailed Today" email?

The "Survey Emailed Today" email is sent to collect feedback from customers about their recent purchases. This feedback helps us improve our products and services.

How often will I receive the "Survey Emailed Today" email?

Typically, the "Survey Emailed Today" email is sent within a week of your purchase. However, if you have opted out of marketing emails, you may not receive this email.

Do I have to fill out the survey in order to receive my product warranty?

No, filling out the survey is not a requirement for your product warranty. However, we highly appreciate and value your feedback.

Can I provide feedback without filling out the survey?

Yes, you can provide feedback through various channels such as social media, our website, or by contacting our customer service team. However, filling out the survey allows us to gather more specific and detailed feedback.

Is my feedback confidential?

Yes, your feedback is confidential and will only be used for internal purposes. We will not share your personal information or responses with any third parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • almondfarm