• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Hashbrown Quiche: My Recipe & Notes

In summary, a recipe for brunch squares was shared among a group. The recipe involves using hashbrowns, meat, and various toppings such as salsa and green onions. Some suggestions for variations were made, such as using different types of cheese or adding broccoli instead of meat. The recipe was generally well-liked, with some adjustments recommended, such as seasoning the hashbrowns and letting the crust brown for longer. The recipe can also be modified to make breakfast burritos. Some members of the group have tried the recipe with different ingredients and have found it to be versatile and tasty. There was also a request for the recipe, which was provided by another member.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all! I just made these for lunch today...I thought they were good, but will make some adjustments/notes for next time:

1. Definately use the mix n chop for chopping up the hashbrowns...made that part very easy and sells another product!

2. I will season (salt and pepper) the hashbrowns next time...I thought that part was rather "flat" tasting.

3. Definately let the bottom crust start to brown during the first cooking. I thought mine was a little soft, and would have tasted better if I would have baked it a little longer.

I really like this recipe as a super "base" recipe. You can add/subtract any fillings that you like or have on hand! I made it with sausage (didn't have ham on hand) and on about 1/4 of it I added sauteed red onions and tomato dices before cooking. Of course the GOOD ones (with sausage, onion, and tomato) were MY pieces...LOL ;) since the rest of my family doesn't care for FLAVOR in their food!! :eek:

Has anyone else tried these and liked them and/or wanted to change it up slightly?

I definately like them. The first time I made them the grocery store didn't have the green onions so I left them out. It was very flat. It needed that extra kick. I would like to try it without any meat at all and put broccoli in instead.

Made them as directed ... they were awesome! The whole family loved them. If you have leftovers, cut them up, flash freeze them and toss them into a freezer bag. Then pull out what you need, nuke them for 1 minutes, maybe 1-1/2, and you have breakfast fast!

Dawn4 said:
I definately like them. The first time I made them the grocery store didn't have the green onions so I left them out. It was very flat. It needed that extra kick. I would like to try it without any meat at all and put broccoli in instead.
Yea, I didn't do the green onions either (cuz no one but me would like them) and I know it would have been better WITH them! That's why I added my sauteed onions...but those are so sweet they didn't add any kick!:love:

I think this is going to be one of my favorite recipes, only because there is going to be so many variations to it.
Veggie lovers, meat lovers or 1/2 & 1/2. I bought the Bob Evans seasoned hash browns for flavor to try at home and it was very good.

I'm actually thinking of doing brunch-type shows in the months of September and October. Obviously I can do these at any time, but I'm thinking that once the kids go back to school the moms will have some free time and I can suggest these early day parties. This is a great menu idea.

Does someone have the Brunch Squares recipe? I couldnt find it on here. Thanks,

feather18 said:
Does someone have the Brunch Squares recipe? I couldnt find it on here. Thanks,
Heather - its in the New Seasons Best Cookbook, and also on CC under recipes!:thumbup:

I made these sans meat on Friday and they were yummy. I made them on Sat at a brunch show with ham, and they were yummy. Both times I added salsa to my serving. I think this is a great recipe that can be played with. I wonder about a pepper jack cheese?

smallfarmmom said:
I made these sans meat on Friday and they were yummy. I made them on Sat at a brunch show with ham, and they were yummy. Both times I added salsa to my serving. I think this is a great recipe that can be played with. I wonder about a pepper jack cheese?

Mmmmmm....good idea!

So is your salsa idea!!

I was just thinking...if I cut these into thin "strips" I can stick them in a soft flour tortilla and heat them up...add some salsa and you have a breakfast burrito! I think my DS will love these for school mornings!

I love the burrito idea! I have made these three times now, once with sausage and twice with ham. I liked it with sausage better. I ususally do let the hashbrown brown a bit more and it's pretty good. I agree that it needs a little something more, the salsa idea is great!

Any idea why the recipe calls for the hashbrown patties instead of regular hashbrowns? It seems like an extra step to have to crumble them up.

sfdavis918 said:
I love the burrito idea! I have made these three times now, once with sausage and twice with ham. I liked it with sausage better. I ususally do let the hashbrown brown a bit more and it's pretty good. I agree that it needs a little something more, the salsa idea is great!

Any idea why the recipe calls for the hashbrown patties instead of regular hashbrowns? It seems like an extra step to have to crumble them up.

HO Test Kitchens said it's cuz the patties are pre-browned. If you used regular ones, they would have to cook a LOT longer...

i made them last weekend and used a bag of southern potato hashbrowns, the small chunked potatos and they were very good. That is probably how i will continue to make them.

KellyTheChef said:
Hi all! I just made these for lunch today...I thought they were good, but will make some adjustments/notes for next time:

2. I will season (salt and pepper) the hashbrowns next time...I thought that part was rather "flat" tasting.

Using the salt & pepper mill - showing ANOTHER tool!!

Hmmm.... I think I will need to make this soon. Sounds great! I have SOOOOO many favorites in this SB and the new 29 minute cookbook!!:love:

Made these for cluster meeting Friday. We decided that they'd be good with some salsa on top, and made with sharper cheese. The colby-jack just didn't add much to it. And instead of ham, we'd try bacon. I think mushrooms would be really good, too.

KellyTheChef said:
HO Test Kitchens said it's cuz the patties are pre-browned. If you used regular ones, they would have to cook a LOT longer...

That makes sense, thanks!:thumbup:

Oh ok thank you!!

I'm going to have to change my recipe up a little too. It was really, really good and I really, really like it, but I bet sharp cheese and a few other ingredients will make it much better.

Could you treat this recipe like an omlete. Adding things you like to it or your host might like to add in it? Thats how I look at this recipe. IMO. What do you think just curious to know.

What ingredients do I need to make the Delicious Hashbrown Quiche?

To make the Delicious Hashbrown Quiche, you will need:

• 6 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 cup chopped cooked ham
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Can I use fresh hashbrowns instead of frozen?

Yes, you can use fresh shredded hashbrowns instead of frozen. Just make sure to squeeze out any excess moisture before using them in the recipe.

Can I substitute the ham for a different type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute the ham for any type of cooked and chopped meat, such as bacon or sausage.

Do I need to pre-cook the hashbrowns before using them in the quiche?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the hashbrowns. They will cook and crisp up in the oven while the quiche bakes.

How long does the Delicious Hashbrown Quiche need to bake for?

The quiche should bake for about 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • bgilmore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies