• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Delicious Fruitcake Bites?

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Fruitcake Bites, made with candied fruit, dried fruit, and a touch of alcohol. The conversation also includes tips for variations and storing the bites. The use of "bites" as a noun or verb does not affect the quality of the recipe.
raebates
Staff member
Bites, in this case, is a noun, not verb. :rolleyes: It could very well be my imagination, but I think someone asked me to post this. If not, well, it's out there if anyone wants it.Fruitcake Bites1/2 lb. candied fruit, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 generous cups)
1 cup dried fruit, such as cherries, cranberries, blueberries and/or raisins
1 T brandy, whisky, or rum
Enough apple cider (or undiluted apple juice concentrate) to cover fruit*
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)1. Place candied fruit, dried fruit and bourbon in medium bowl; cover and let stand overnight.2. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and allspice. 3. In another large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes or until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla until blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in nuts, candied fruit, dried fruit and soaking liquid. 4. Spray mini muffin pan with flour/oil spray. Spoon batter into cups. Bake 7 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Turn out, and cool on wire rack.Store in air-tight container. These are great the second or third day. They easily keep well for a week or more.*If you like, you can use all sippin' whiskey or all apple cider.

Last edited:
:thumbup: Rae, thanks for posting this recipe. My husband made them yesterday. They are very good and simple to make. :)

(I use apple cider.)I'm not sure what you mean by "bites" being a noun and not a verb in this context. The title of the recipe is "Fruitcake Bites," which implies that the fruitcake is being made into small, bite-sized pieces. In this case, "bites" is being used as a noun to describe the size and shape of the fruitcake, but it can also be used as a verb (i.e. "I took a bite of the fruitcake"). Either way, it doesn't affect the deliciousness of the recipe! Thanks for sharing.

1. What ingredients are in the "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!"?

The "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" contain a mixture of dried fruits such as cranberries, raisins, and cherries, along with nuts like almonds and walnuts. They also include traditional fruitcake spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and are bound together with a combination of flour, eggs, and butter.

2. Are the "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" gluten-free?

No, the "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" are not gluten-free. They contain flour as a binding agent, which is a common ingredient in traditional fruitcakes. However, we do offer a variety of gluten-free options for those with dietary restrictions.

3. How long do the "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" stay fresh?

The "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" have a shelf life of about 1-2 weeks if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months for longer storage. We recommend consuming them within a week for the best taste and texture.

4. Can I customize the "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" with different fruits and nuts?

Unfortunately, our "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" come pre-packaged with a specific blend of fruits and nuts. However, we do offer a variety of other fruit and nut mixes that you can use to create your own customized fruitcake bites.

5. How do I serve the "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!"?

The "Delicious Fruitcake Bites!" can be enjoyed as is, or you can get creative and serve them with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a decadent dessert. They also make for a delicious addition to a holiday cheese board or paired with a cup of hot tea or coffee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amorris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies