• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Cowboy Chili Recipe with Perfectly Prepared Beans

In summary, the Cowboy Chili recipe uses a combination of kidney beans and black beans, but you can use any type of beans. The beans do not need to be soaked beforehand as the recipe cooks them directly in the chili for added flavor. Canned beans can also be used, but they should be drained and rinsed before adding to the chili. The beans will need to cook for about 2 hours to become tender and absorb the flavors. The chili can also be frozen with the beans for up to 3 months.
swilking
Do you rinse and soak the beans as it says on the bags and then re-dry them before putting in the batter bowl for a gift ??? I have never really made anything with beans so I am sure this is a silly question, but hey we all have to learn something new everyday or lives would not be fulfilling !

No! Just layer them in dry. HTH :)

ok I made it tonight without soaking and it cooked and cooked and the beans were still hard, not real hard but hard enough. It had a great flavor but I worry about giving it as a gift, maybe I should just put some plastic wrap between the beans and tell them to rinse and soak for a little while I think that may help. Not being a bean person, I am guessing this may help.

I didn't soak mine, then cooked them in the crock pot so they got nice and tender. Cooking them that way it didn't really matter that they weren't soaked.

How long in the crock pot ?? I was thinking of doing this but just didn't know how long and did you add the salsa and tomato sauce in the beginning with the water ?? Thanks for all your help I love this group !!!

I don't remember an exact time, I just put it on low and threw everything in one morning. We ate at dinner time and it was perfect!!

Thanks I will let the person know who I am giving to.

Related to Delicious Cowboy Chili Recipe with Perfectly Prepared Beans

What type of beans are used in the Cowboy Chili?

Our Cowboy Chili recipe calls for a combination of kidney beans and black beans. However, you can use any type of beans you prefer or have on hand.

Do I need to soak the beans before adding them to the chili?

No, you do not need to soak the beans beforehand. The recipe is designed to cook the beans directly in the chili, which helps infuse them with flavor.

Can I use canned beans instead of dried beans?

Yes, you can substitute canned beans for dried beans in this recipe. Just make sure to drain and rinse the beans before adding them to the chili.

How long do I need to cook the beans in the Cowboy Chili?

The beans will need to cook for about 2 hours in the chili. This allows them to absorb the flavors of the other ingredients and become tender.

Can I freeze the Cowboy Chili with the beans?

Yes, this chili freezes well with the beans. Just make sure to cool it completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • JAE