• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Berry Recipes for Bridal Showers - No Trifle Needed!

In summary, the Summer Berry Shortcakes are good, but the American Dream Torte is a beautiful and easy dessert to make that would be a great choice for a berry-loving bride at a shower.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I am looking for a recipe to make at a bridal shower. The bride loves berries. I have a few ideas that are not PC, but I prefer to do a PC recipe. Anybody have a favorite that is not a trifle.

Thanks!

cookingwithlove said:
I am looking for a recipe to make at a bridal shower. The bride loves berries. I have a few ideas that are not PC, but I prefer to do a PC recipe. Anybody have a favorite that is not a trifle.

Thanks!

Summer Berry Shortcakes are good -- they're part of the Sweet 'n Simple theme show.

I also like the American Dream Torte featured in the "All the Best" cookbook.

Apple Berry Salsa and Cinnamon chips...delish!

leftymac said:
Summer Berry Shortcakes are good -- they're part of the Sweet 'n Simple theme show.

I also like the American Dream Torte featured in the "All the Best" cookbook.

This is a BEAUTIFUL dessert with a huge WOW factor! It's so much easier than it looks, and would be a great dessert for a berry-loving bride at a shower!

I loved the strawberry version that was a catalog cover recipe several years back. YUM!!

chefann said:
I loved the strawberry version that was a catalog cover recipe several years back. YUM!!
Yes - strawberry and kiwi...I think I had that one before I had the Celebration one!

Summer Berry Shortcakes are awesome!

We tried the summer berry shortcakes at our meeting and they turned out terribly. I was really not impressed, but I will reconsider.

The american dream tort looks impressive.

Any other suggestions?

The Strawberry Amaretto Pastries are always amazing! I make a smaller triangle version to stretch the recipe for a dessert buffet.

Mary

cookingwithlove said:
We tried the summer berry shortcakes at our meeting and they turned out terribly. I was really not impressed, but I will reconsider.

The american dream tort looks impressive.

Any other suggestions?
What didn't you like about them? The first batch I made, I over cooked the crescent rolls but the second batch I took them out sooner and they were alot better.

How about the Berries 'N Cream Wontons. They are super easy to make, inexpensive and very impressive looking.

Chocolate Strawberry Delight
Berries and Cream Cake
Red, White & Blueberry Pie

I do like the Summer Berry Shortcakes. You can do the shortcut version, like one of my past hosts did, and use a fancy pound cake if the part you didn't like was the crescent roll shortcakes.

I had a host who wanted to do a fruit pizza, but insisted that we just use strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. It turned out awesome, and everyone loved it. Just an idea!

What about the stuffed strawberries from Darla Oelmann? Hold on...I saved the info!

Here it is!

STRAWBERRY STARS: Remove caps with Cook's Corer. Cut a deep X in the top of each berry, but not all way thru. Gently spread berry apart to make "petals". Use EAD to fill with one of the following fillings:

Cream Cheese Filling: Mix together 8 oz. cream cheese, ½ cup powdr'd sugar, 2 T light cream, 2 T orange juice, 1 tsp. orange zest.

Peanut Butter Chocolate: Mix together ½ cup creamy peanut butter, 5 T. milk chocolate chips, melted & cooled, 2 T. Cool Whip.

sklay723 said:
I had a host who wanted to do a fruit pizza, but insisted that we just use strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. It turned out awesome, and everyone loved it. Just an idea!

That sounds really good! Berry Pizza!

There's a flag version or a fruit pizza in the files (a pdf called SSS or Star Spangled Summer) from summer 2002. It calls for a crescent roll crust, but you could easily use a sugar cookie.

Here it is!STRAWBERRY STARS: Remove caps with Cook's Corer. Cut a deep X in the top of each berry, but not all way thru. Gently spread berry apart to make "petals". Use EAD to fill with one of the following fillings:Cream Cheese Filling: Mix together 8 oz. cream cheese, ½ cup powdr'd sugar, 2 T light cream, 2 T orange juice, 1 tsp. orange zest.Peanut Butter Chocolate: Mix together ½ cup creamy peanut butter, 5 T. milk chocolate chips, melted & cooled, 2 T. Cool Whip.
Kelly, That sounds WAY too good! I think I'm going to have to pick up some strawberries on the way home! :D

mmm... I have some cherries in the fridge, and they'd be good with those fillings, too.

wadesgirl said:
What didn't you like about them? The first batch I made, I over cooked the crescent rolls but the second batch I took them out sooner and they were alot better.

I think it was the crescent rolls. I think I am crescent rolled out ;)! I just made the berries and stars for our meeting tonight. It looks good. Not to hard to make. I would have to make the pastry ahead of time. I use the large bar pan instead of the rectangle stone.

Berries N' cream wantons are great. I made them a bunch last summer. I forgot about these.

Thanks for the good ideas1

What is a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle"?

A "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle" is a delicious dessert made with layers of fresh berries, pound cake, and a creamy filling. It is similar to a traditional trifle, but with a unique twist and packed with juicy, sweet berries.

What ingredients do I need to make a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle"?

You will need fresh berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries), pound cake, cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. You can also add in additional toppings like chocolate shavings or chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.

How do I assemble a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle"?

To assemble the trifle, start by cutting the pound cake into cubes and placing a layer of them in the bottom of a large glass trifle bowl. Next, add a layer of mixed berries on top of the pound cake. Then, make the creamy filling by beating cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Spread a layer of the filling over the berries. Repeat the layers until the trifle bowl is full, ending with a layer of cream on top. Finally, decorate with additional berries and toppings.

Can I make a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle" ahead of time. It is best to assemble and refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also make the creamy filling and cut the pound cake ahead of time, and then assemble the trifle right before serving.

Can I use frozen berries for a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle"?

While fresh berries are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen berries in a "Berry Recipe Not a Trifle". Just make sure to thaw and drain the berries before using, and be aware that they may not be as firm as fresh berries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaivette
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
brendaivette
  • Langrco
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ButterflyVioletta
  • PCSarahjm