• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Debbie Meyer's Green Bags really keep food fresh for longer?

In summary, In Canada it's 5 medium and 5 large bags for only $14.95 plus shipping and tax. Debbie Meyer's Green Bags are worth the money, especially if you have a lot of produce and want to save on groceries.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm watching Survivor right now and there's an informercial on for Debbie Meyer's Green Bags. Has anyone ever heard of them or better yet tried them? Here in Canada it's 5 medium and 5 large bags for only $14.95 useable 5 times each. Oh but wait! If you order RIGHT now they'll DOUBLE the offer woohoo! :rolleyes::D so 10 medium bags and 10 large bags for only $14.95 plus shipping and tax. I wonder if they're worth it and actually work.

okay, I can't quite tell if you are being sarcastic but I have to tell you, the green bags DO work, and WELL!!! I have saved a TON on bananas and such with these! Well worth the money!!;)

Mine didn't work that great, but I could have been doing something wrong...

No, I was seriously wondering if they worked or not. Can they be purchased locally or only via tv? I'd love to try them out too, especially now that I know someone has actually tried them and loves them.

I was being sarcastic though regarding the 'but wait, if you call now we'll double your order. They ALWAYS say that! LOL

I got mine at Walgreen's in the "as seen on TV" section. I keep forgetting to use them but when I did, they worked really well. I cut up my green peppers, cauliflower etc & put them in the bags. The cauliflower didn't get the little black specks on it. It lasted at least twice as long as it usually does.

I get them at Fred Meyer and Walmart... I think they are availible at the PX too..

Sorry, I have to hijack but DH and I always try to guess what the "BUT WAIT..." offer is or what they are going to say during that part!

wadesgirl said:
Sorry, I have to hijack but DH and I always try to guess what the "BUT WAIT..." offer is or what they are going to say during that part!

LOL ME too!

P.S. Are you following me tonight? ;) :)

Thanks everyone! Being from Canada we don't have a Walgreen's or Fred Meyer but we do of course have a WalMart. I'll check there. Also at Christmas there's a 'as seen on tv' store that sets up in the local mall. What section of WalMart were they in? Kitchen or over with the food wrap/freezer bags?

Wow, the way I'm going tonight I'll be at 3000 posts in NO time LOL !!

kcjodih said:
LOL ME too!

P.S. Are you following me tonight? ;) :)

Nope, just bored!

Okay maybe I am ;)

I used them and found them annoying. First of all, you have to keep the bags dry inside and produce naturally releases moisture....so if you want to wipe the bags dry every few days or so, then you'll be fine.

Then, I didn't like not being able to see the beautiful colors of all my produce :love: b/c my kitchen and fridge was full of green bags.

Seriously tho, if we were to actually eat our full servings of produce every day then there wouldn't be the "need" to store them for weeks on end. Yes, I KNOW 99% of us don't consume like we are supposed to.....but think about it :)

I say save your money b/c you can seriously store all your produce to have it last a LONG time w/o needing to buy green bags. All you need are different sizes of ziploc bags and paper towels. :D

Jodi, I saw them at Target. I know they have Target in Canada. :)

'But wait, ther's more...'

LOL I love the Ginsue (sp?) knifes, especially when they cut through a shoe. LOL

QVC used to sell them...not sure if they still do.

My daughter bought some, but I have not used them.

They prevented the bananas from getting brown, but my husband said the taste/flavor of them was bad. I didn't taste them since I'm not a banana fan. My sister used them on vegetables, she didn't like the after taste she got either.

Last edited:
kcjodih said:
What section of WalMart were they in? Kitchen or over with the food wrap/freezer bags?

At my WalMart, they were in the front by the cash registers! I didn't check if they were in the kitchen area too. You can always ask one of the employees...

The guy with the chopper thingy that does the shamwow products is stinking hilarious!:D My kids laugh when he talks about the nuts.

What are Debbie Meyer's Green Bags?

Debbie Meyer's Green Bags are reusable storage bags designed to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer periods of time.

How do I use Debbie Meyer's Green Bags?

To use Debbie Meyer's Green Bags, simply place your produce inside the bag and close it tightly. Make sure to remove any excess air before sealing the bag.

How long do Debbie Meyer's Green Bags keep produce fresh?

The bags are designed to keep produce fresh for up to 30 days. However, the exact duration may vary depending on the type of produce and how it is stored.

Can I reuse Debbie Meyer's Green Bags?

Yes, the bags are reusable and can be washed with soap and water. They are also biodegradable, so you can dispose of them guilt-free.

Do Debbie Meyer's Green Bags work for all types of produce?

While the bags are effective for most types of produce, some may not benefit from using them, such as bananas or citrus fruits. It is best to check the product packaging for recommendations before using the bags.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trps
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
prissylovescooking
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • kcjodih