• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cut 'N Seal Advice Needed

Karen

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2005
I have a customer who just emailed me asking what she's doing wrong or what she needs to do differently in order for her cut 'n seal to work properly. She tries cutting the crust off her daughter's PB&J sandwiches and it doesn't cut the bread correctly.

Unfortunately I don't have any children (yet) so this isn't something that I am very familiar with. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

jrstephens

Legend Member
Feb 18, 2006
I just make my sandwich as usual, then use the cut and seal and it works fine. I twist mine just a little after I have pressed it to make sure it cuts the bread good.

Is she cutting the crust off first then sealing? If so, it make be making it harder to hadle.

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
She needs to make sure to use SOFT bread...none of the grainy kinds. Wonder Bread works great.

lilscrapmama

Nov 14, 2006
Karen said:
I have a customer who just emailed me asking what she's doing wrong or what she needs to do differently in order for her cut 'n seal to work properly. She tries cutting the crust off her daughter's PB&J sandwiches and it doesn't cut the bread correctly.

Unfortunately I don't have any children (yet) so this isn't something that I am very familiar with. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

I have one and have tried to use it 2 times & its not working very well for me either...I used soft fresh bread too.. my son was son excited i finally got it..I dont know what im doing wrong though:confused:

jenniferlynne

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2005
I put my bread on a cutting board, make the sandwich, but the CNS on top and then push hard and start moving it back and forth on the cutting board. Then I leave the CNS in place and pull the bread off from around it by hand. Then I twist and seal it. It's not the greatest product we have. IMO, they should either redesign it or just get rid of it.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
It also helps to flatten the bread before adding the filling and cutting. I use the baker's roller for that. Makes it work great!

pcleah

Oct 21, 2006
I use mine EVERYDAY!!!! I just make sure I cut the circle first, and then press the button to seal. I usually make half sandwiches for my kids, I find it less bread gets wasted. I also save the crusts in a baggie in the freezer and when the baggie get full, I chop them up for bread crumbs.
Good Luck!!

reba515

Advanced Member
May 28, 2006
i also use mine EVERY DAY . make the sand as usual press down to cut the bread (not pushing the button) then press the button to seal. not sure why you all are twisting?:confused:

Sep 4, 2006
The use and care card that came with mine says to form a dip in the bread before putting in the filling, but I don't find that necessary as long as I don't overfill with too much filling. I have no problem with mine working. I even take grilled bread (buttered on one side like you do for grilled cheese) and fill with apple pie filling for a quick dessert. My kids love it!
But you do have to cut the bread first by putting the cut n seal on the sandwich and pressing down on the whole thing (not the plunger thingy) that will cut the bread then press the plunger a couple times to seal it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views