• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curiosity Strikes: How Tall Will My Overfilled Trash Can Get? Find Out Now!

In summary, the conversation is about a woman's bathroom trash can that is overflowing and people are piling on items to keep it from falling over. The can is now about 6" above the rim and the woman is wondering how tall it can get before someone decides to change it. The woman also wonders how long it will take before someone notices and if the family is related to her family. The woman also wonders how her husband is able to keep the new roll of toilet paper from coming out and if the same thing happens with the kitchen trash can.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

I have a silly question...has anyone ever let the trash overfill till SOMEONE else decided that it needed changed?!? :eek: LOL

My bathroom trash can (no nasties in there right now! :eek: ) has needed emptied for about 3 days now. It is now about 6" ABOVE the rim and folks just keep piling on kleenexes and whatnot strategically on it so it doesn't fall over.

I think it's gonna stay that way till someone decides to change it. Do you think they (DH and DS 13) will notice? LOL

I wonder how tall it can get till it falls over?

Is your family related to my family?! :confused:

My husband is the same way. He will take the time and effort to place "whatever" in the trash so it won't fall out. I've also seen him stick his foot (with shoe) in the kitchen trash so he can push it down just a little more. I mean I'm all about utilizing the space so not to waste it, but seriously!!!I would leave it:)

oooh, how about the ones who take a roll from one bathroom to another instead of just getting a new one!! OR if they do get a new roll, leave the empty one and put the new one on top?

At least they're keeping it within the realm of the can. LOL... I enjoy the stacking of more trash on top of the kitchen trash can's lid... umm... is it going to do the rest by itself? (for the record, I have a can with one of those swingy lids but when it's full, no swingy)

amy07 said:
oooh, how about the ones who take a roll from one bathroom to another instead of just getting a new one!! OR if they do get a new roll, leave the empty one and put the new one on top?

OMG! Are you married to my husband? He can take the new roll out but apparently can't figure out how to change it. lol!

Honestly, no they won't notice! They are boys...

Exactly...and I have 4 (including hubby). :yuck: Add in the dog & well, now you all should be feeling sorry for me.:cry:

I knew that you all would laugh and understand!

I know...I am not holding my breath that they will actually DO something about it, but hey...I guess I just want to try and proove a point.

Must be in teenagers/male genes to just not see things like that!!

**BTW- yea, they do it with the kitchen trash too! How the heck are you supposed to CLOSE THE BAG with 35 gallons of trash in a 30 gallon bag?!?!? I have a top with the swing door too...you know...it's so full that when you take the top off to change it, 1/4 of it falls all over the floor!! Ugh! LOL

amy07 said:

You must have been at my house!! LOL I'm convinced that DH doesn't know how to change it!! :rolleyes:

I have girls and THEY just pile it up on top too... so don't be too hard on the boys! :)

KellyTheChef said:
Hi all!

I have a silly question...has anyone ever let the trash overfill till SOMEONE else decided that it needed changed?!? :eek: LOL

My bathroom trash can (no nasties in there right now! :eek: ) has needed emptied for about 3 days now. It is now about 6" ABOVE the rim and folks just keep piling on kleenexes and whatnot strategically on it so it doesn't fall over.

I think it's gonna stay that way till someone decides to change it. Do you think they (DH and DS 13) will notice? LOL

I wonder how tall it can get till it falls over?
If they're really careful, they can get it up to about 18-/1/2" but it will be cone shaped. If they try to fill it out, it will fall.

And you really don't want to know how I know that.

I have 2 jobs in this house that I don't do: Take out the rubbish and clean the cat box. I guess I'm lucky my hubby really does take the garbage out;)

stacywhitlow said:
OMG! Are you married to my husband? He can take the new roll out but apparently can't figure out how to change it. lol!

If you close my bathroom door and sit on the toilet, there is a little plaque on the wall in front of you that says, "Changing the toilet paper roll will not cause brain damage."

I'm so lucky! DH empties the trash every day when he gets home from work, and not only does he empty the bathroom trash can, he cleans the bathroom too!:love: :love: :love:

He also vacuums - but that is more because of a protest on my part. When we got married - he had this old behemoth Kirby vacuum (it weighs a ton, and is very difficult to use) and I told him I hated it, and wanted a different vacuum. He said he had paid $1200 :)eek: ) for the thing, and we were keeping it. I said fine, but he was doing the vacuuming as long as that was our vacuum. I'm a woman of my word!:rolleyes:

My DH cleans the bathroom too...that was my protest. You make the mess, you clean it...and let me tell you, the guys make more of a mess dribbling than women ever make!

Becky - you have your DH trained well! ;)

janetupnorth said:
My DH cleans the bathroom too...that was my protest. You make the mess, you clean it...and let me tell you, the guys make more of a mess dribbling than women ever make!

Becky - you have your DH trained well! ;)

He's a good guy! Sometimes friends will comment about the things I do for him - like pack his lunch every morning(that one is usually a "I'm not even awake that time of the morning..."), and I just think "why wouldn't I?" It's something I can do for him so he doesn't have to rush so much in the morning ~ just like him cleaning the bathroom, because I hate to do it. We do things for each other.

ChefBeckyD said:
He's a good guy! Sometimes friends will comment about the things I do for him - like pack his lunch every morning(that one is usually a "I'm not even awake that time of the morning..."), and I just think "why wouldn't I?" It's something I can do for him so he doesn't have to rush so much in the morning ~ just like him cleaning the bathroom, because I hate to do it. We do things for each other.

That makes the best relationship - serving each other and filling in the gaps. The more you give to them, if they are a decent person, the more they desire to give back! :D

what Kelly !!??? I thought I was the only one that the House Cleaning Fairy forgets about !!!

at least thats who everyone else in my house thinks cleans :grumpy:

My DH will take out the trash, but only on Sunday evenings. It's like he doesn't even see by Wednesday that the trash is overflowing everywhere! Or SMELL the diapers in the diaper pail! To take the kitchen trash out to the garage can, I would have to lift the entire bag over the front of my minivan, which I can't do. But does he bother to take it out when he leaves for work in the morning? Of course not...he just keeps stuffing! Good to know he's not the only one!

ChefBeckyD said:

That's nice! I pack DH's lunch too... otherwise he'd just go out to eat and well, we can't afford that if he has to do it every day... and he seems unable to pack a lunch unless he's reminded, so it's just easier to do it for him. I do it the night before along with setting up the coffee and that seems to work well.

OMG Kelly, i'm so glad you started this thread. Lately it's been driving me nuts that my husband won't empty the trash (mind you it's a 4 foot walk from my kitchen to the side door where the garbage can is). He'll just put whatever needs to get thrown out on the counter above the garbage can for the maid to take care of. AKA: ME!!! It makes me crazy!! His excuse... he wants to give me something to do. AHHH!!! I could kill him! He thinks because he goes to work that EVERYTHING else in the house I need to do.

Let's not forget I have to cut the mans toe and finger nails because he's "too tired" to do them himself!! OK!!

Anyway, thank you for giving me a chance to vent!!

ginamkiely said:
OMG Kelly, i'm so glad you started this thread. Lately it's been driving me nuts that my husband won't empty the trash (mind you it's a 4 foot walk from my kitchen to the side door where the garbage can is). He'll just put whatever needs to get thrown out on the counter above the garbage can for the maid to take care of. AKA: ME!!! It makes me crazy!! His excuse... he wants to give me something to do. AHHH!!! I could kill him! He thinks because he goes to work that EVERYTHING else in the house I need to do.

Let's not forget I have to cut the mans toe and finger nails because he's "too tired" to do them himself!! OK!!

Anyway, thank you for giving me a chance to vent!!

Several years ago, I did this for DH regularly.......

But that was because he broke his back and was in a "turtle shell" body cast for 12 weeks! :eek: :eek:

Happy to say, I haven't done it since!

My hubby empties all of the trash cans every night, mostly because I established that pattern right after we got married!

He's always been good about the toilet paper, but he didn't understand that I cannot sleep if the trash cans and garbage can (especially the garbage can!) haven't been emptied. He does it every night after I finish cleaning the kitchen.

Actually, there isn't any housework he won't do--and willingly--if I need him too. Well, maybe not so willingly if the chore is the cat litter box!

Yep, he's a keeper. For so many reasons.

KittyCooks said:
My hubby empties all of the trash cans every night, mostly because I established that pattern right after we got married!

He's always been good about the toilet paper, but he didn't understand that I cannot sleep if the trash cans and garbage can (especially the garbage can!) haven't been emptied. He does it every night after I finish cleaning the kitchen.

Actually, there isn't any housework he won't do--and willingly--if I need him too. Well, maybe not so willingly if the chore is the cat litter box!

Yep, he's a keeper. For so many reasons.

That's my guy too!

One year for his birthday, I found a card that had a picture of a man, vacuuming, with a baby in one arm. The caption said "Do you have any idea how sexy you look right now?" :D :D

ChefBeckyD said:
That's my guy too!

One year for his birthday, I found a card that had a picture of a man, vacuuming, with a baby in one arm. The caption said "Do you have any idea how sexy you look right now?" :D :D

Isn't it funny how that actually DOES turn most of us women on? Just clean something, and I am yours! LOL:love:

KellyTheChef said:
Isn't it funny how that actually DOES turn most of us women on? Just clean something, and I am yours! LOL:love:

And men think we are hard to understand!:D

I have it on good authority that no man, in the history of the world, has ever been shot while doing the dishes. Something to think about. :)

Luckily my DH will empty the trash cans. But if you asked him what day the garbage collection is for regular and recyclables, I bet he wouldn't know!!!!

This is too funny! I end up changing it mad as can be when it starts falling in the floor. When I say anything to Russell about it, he says I tie the bags up so much better than him! I told him compliments do not get him out of garbage duty!!!! I constantly have to remind him to drag the can to the road on Friday mornings. He has gotten better at that part since I am pregnant, but I still end up doing it alot.

As far as dishes go, before we got a dishwasher he washed the all the time, way more than me. But now he will not load or unload the dishwasher until it is piled up and running out of the sink. He knows that is my way of waiting for him to do it. He claims he does not know what of my PC goes in there and does not want me mad at him for messing it up and then he claims he does not know where all the dishes go to put them up. Well, tell me how can you know where to get it out of when you need to put food or drink in something but not know where it goes up! :eek: :D

jrstephens said:
He claims he does not know what of my PC goes in there and does not want me mad at him for messing it up .

That is EXACTLY what my DH says! Sometimes I wonder if he purposely puts it away in the wrong places just so I'll empty the dishwasher! Most of the time I do (since I'm home a lot more than he is), but I hate it when it's clean & he just keeps putting dirty dishes on the side of the sink instead of emptying the dishwasher! I think his mother did a lot more around the house for him when he was younger than my parents did. His dad doesn't know how to do anything around the house. We each had chores every week & my dad would even wake us up on Saturdays by 9 AM to clean! My dad hates a dirty house over the weekend. Now that we're all moved out, he'll clean it on Fridays when he gets home from work before my mom gets home. What happened to that saying that you marry someone like your father?!?:rolleyes:

Well I take the trash out and clean the house as long as DH is taking care of the kids after dinner. I can't stand for him to clean because it is alway half-a$$ed and I still have to clean up after he cleaned up??? When he cooks I'd rather him not even bother and don't get me started on washing clothes. It's as if he never did it before so he only washes his stuff if it comes to that.

As for my DS he told me yesterday "Mom I think it's time YOU need to clean out the bathtub. It is getting dirty." UUUGGHHH! DH was rolling on the floor! It was pretty funny but I told him if it was such an emergency then he should do it or else it will get done in my own time.

tpchefrebecca said:
Well I take the trash out and clean the house as long as DH is taking care of the kids after dinner. I can't stand for him to clean because it is alway half-a$$ed and I still have to clean up after he cleaned up??? When he cooks I'd rather him not even bother and don't get me started on washing clothes. It's as if he never did it before so he only washes his stuff if it comes to that.

As for my DS he told me yesterday "Mom I think it's time YOU need to clean out the bathtub. It is getting dirty." UUUGGHHH! DH was rolling on the floor! It was pretty funny but I told him if it was such an emergency then he should do it or else it will get done in my own time.
Rebecca~
Perhaps you should have marched his little butt into the bathroom and given him a sponge and the cleanser!

Ugh! I can say this, only cuz that sounds like something my DS (13) would say. DH is quite the sarcastic one (but knows when it's funny time, and when it's NOT...) and so DS still cracks off things like that without thinking. He THINKS he's being funny...not disrespectful...but he is learning! :rolleyes:

Related to Curiosity Strikes: How Tall Will My Overfilled Trash Can Get? Find Out Now!

1. How tall can an overfilled trash can get before it falls over?

The height of an overfilled trash can before it falls over can vary depending on the size and weight of the items inside. However, it is best to not let it get too high to avoid any potential mess or accidents.

2. Is it common for people to let the trash overfill until someone else changes it?

While it may happen occasionally, it is not a recommended practice. It is important to regularly empty the trash to maintain cleanliness and avoid overflowing.

3. How can I prevent my trash can from overfilling?

One way to prevent your trash can from overfilling is to regularly empty it before it becomes too full. You can also try using a larger trash can or compressing the trash to make more space.

4. What should I do if my trash can does overfill and starts to lean or fall over?

If your trash can starts to lean or fall over due to overfilling, it is best to empty it immediately and properly dispose of the trash. This will prevent any potential mess or hazards.

5. Can an overfilled trash can cause any problems or damage?

An overfilled trash can can potentially cause problems such as attracting pests or creating unpleasant odors. It can also damage the trash can itself if it becomes too heavy or falls over. Regularly emptying the trash can is the best way to avoid these issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingmommy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • elizabethfox
  • General Chat
Replies