- Apr 14, 2004
Microwave CREAMY ONE-POT PASTA
5 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
1 jar (7-8oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, undrained, julienne sliced
1/2 pint sliced mushrooms
1 diced zucchini
1 carrot, matchstick cut
1 can drained artichoke hearts, quartered
32 oz container of chicken broth
1 lb uncooked penne pasta
2 tbsp Sweet Basil Rub (Pampered Chef)
4 oz regular or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Baby Spinach
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Thinly slice all garlic. (I use my TPC Garlic Slicer as it slices super thin) Place garlic and 2-3 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes into DCB. Place DCB in microwave and cover/cook garlic for 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, prep all veggies.
3. Remove garlic from microwave; add pasta, broth and veggies. I added whole jar of sundries tomatoes undrained. Add Rub. Return to microwave and cook on high for 6 minutes. Take out and stir. cover and micro on high 4 min and stir x 2 to keep from boilover and make sure pasta is cooked to liking. Add up to 1 cup water if needed.
4. Cut cream cheese into 6 cubes. Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Add 1/2 bag baby spinach or more if desired and stir in till spinach wilts.
5. Serve immediately. If desired, grate 1 cup fresh Parmesan and place on top...let melt a bit before serving.