• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Outlet Shipping: Wasted Packaging for Cranberry Bar Board and Bread Crock

In summary, the cranberry bread crock and the cranberry bar board were both shipped in separate boxes. This seems wasteful to the author. There is no reason the two items could not have been packaged together. The author also thinks that computerized optimization is wonderful, but that some small orders should not be subject to the shipping costs.
jenwallace
Gold Member
I ordered the cranberry bar board and the cranberry bread crock. I received them today...in 2 seperate boxes!! :confused: Why would they do that? It seems like such a waste. There's no reason they couldn't have both gone in the same box. I don't understand. Just a little vent...

Ive gotten some bizarre packing too. I got a HUGE box a couple of weeks back, with just the large micro cooker. I swear there was at least 5times more paper then product!! CRAZY!!

Welcome to the age of computerized optimization. The picking lists must have been analyzed (emphasis on "anal") and printed in the most optimum way to package and ship your order. Ain't technology grand?

Yep. I got a pizza cutter in a big box all by itself and the rest of the order in a separate box. Duh.:rolleyes:

If it means quick shipping, I don't care what they put in the box!

WOW I thought that I was the only one...I was actually going to post something about this. I got 5 boxes and condensed them into 3 funny thing is one of the boxes that I condensed into was on of the small flat ones. I probably could have done 2 but separated stuff according to why I bought it. The thing that really made me laugh was that there was a big box with my 2 crocks in it and there was a flat box with my bar boards in it but I had one box that had ALL 4 of my mini fluted pans in it. My mom was sitting there complaining about the shipping cost of PC the whole time that I was repacking everything. I don't think that the shipping is a big deal unless someone orders something small but apparently she does. Sorry that this is so long I just thought that it was funny that someone else posted about this.

Related to Crazy Outlet Shipping: Wasted Packaging for Cranberry Bar Board and Bread Crock

What is "Crazy Outlet Shipping"?

Crazy Outlet Shipping is a term used by Pampered Chef to describe the packaging method used for certain outlet items, such as the Cranberry Bar Board and Bread Crock. This method involves using excessive packaging materials to ensure the safe delivery of the products, which may result in the use of more resources and materials than necessary.

Why is the packaging for the Cranberry Bar Board and Bread Crock considered "wasted"?

The packaging for these outlet items is considered "wasted" because it may be excessive and unnecessary. This can lead to the use of more resources and materials, which can have a negative impact on the environment.

Can I request for my Cranberry Bar Board and Bread Crock to be shipped using less packaging materials?

Unfortunately, due to the outlet nature of these items, we are unable to accommodate requests for less packaging materials. However, we are continuously looking for ways to improve our packaging methods and reduce waste.

Will the excessive packaging for the Cranberry Bar Board and Bread Crock affect the shipping cost?

Yes, the use of additional packaging materials may affect the shipping cost for these outlet items. However, we strive to keep our shipping fees as low as possible while still ensuring the safe delivery of our products.

What is Pampered Chef doing to reduce waste and improve sustainability in their packaging methods?

Pampered Chef is committed to reducing waste and improving sustainability in all aspects of our business, including our packaging methods. We are actively exploring more eco-friendly packaging options and continuously reviewing and improving our processes to reduce waste. We appreciate your feedback and support as we work towards a more sustainable future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet