• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Pasta, KD & Spaghetti in a Large MicroCooker

In summary, the customer's elderly guest was cooking pasta in their large MicroCooker, but it boiled over on the stovetop. The guest also asked Diane for help cooking anything else in the Micro Cooker, but Diane didn't know how long or how much water to use.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Has anyone cooked pasta, Kraft Dinner or spaghetti in their Large MicroCooker? I have a guest from my show last week who ordered it and just emailed me asking how to cook any of the above in it. I have no idea. How long, how much water, lid on or off etc. SHe's elderly and is complaining of always boiling it over on her stovetop. Also what else do you cook in it and how long?

Thanks for any and all help! :D

You can't cook on the stovetop with teh Micro Cooker... does she mean it boils over after she takes it out of the microwave?

Diane, I think the customer bought the MC so she could do it in her microwave, because she's sick of it boiling over in a regular pan on the stovetop.

=-=-=-=

Unless she's cooking 1 serving, I don't think even the large MC is really big enough to cook pasta. Because you need to have a lot of water so it doesn't get too starchy.

OH! That makes SO MUCH more sense! What a blonde moment ... sorry y'all ! :)

We'll forgive you this time, Diane. But don't let it happen again!

:D

Don't most of the pkgs have microwave directions now?

I think if she wants to avoid boiling over, she should've bought the rice cooker. That's why it has the vented lid.

HTH,

The microwave directions for Kraft dinner (aka Mac & Cheese) are right on the box. I've never tried it, though. My Exec 3 qt saucepan works just fine.

If she's sick of things boiling over, my guess is that she's using a pot that's too small for the job. Maybe talk to her about her cooking style and suggest she use a bigger pot. I just made one 16 oz package of penne for the Colossal Chopped Salad and used the 8 qt stock pot. Pasta needs a lot of water and room to move!

I have cooked the packaged seasoned noodles in mine. I just follow the microwave in suctions. I am talking about those packs that are flavors like chicken, Parmesan things like that. I have not cooked spaghetti noodles in it.

Anything I use the the micro cookers or rice cooker for in the microwave I always follow the microwave instructions on the package,

chefann said:
We'll forgive you this time, Diane. But don't let it happen again!

:D

:) I'll do my best... can you just see the visual tho... black smoke from plastic burning and pasta boilover and OH... I can envision my mother's face!!!!!!! :) Sorry... it's raining here and I need all the outside fun I can find! :)

quiverfull7 said:
:) I'll do my best... can you just see the visual tho... black smoke from plastic burning and pasta boilover and OH... I can envision my mother's face!!!!!!! :) Sorry... it's raining here and I need all the outside fun I can find! :)
I heard a story like that once. Don't remember if it was on a tape or from a consultant in the area. The host was helping and put water on to boil in the MC on the stovetop.

I know you can do ramen. That probably isn't too helpful, though.

chefann said:
I heard a story like that once. Don't remember if it was on a tape or from a consultant in the area. The host was helping and put water on to boil in the MC on the stovetop.
I've had several customers say some relative (various - mom, dh...) melted theirs by putting them on the eye so I always SAY it is not for stove top use. they laugh and then I say "hey! it happens." I have a brown one that someone put on a hot eye for just a minute after removing it from the microwave. It's melted but not through and works fine.

my DH uncle did that with the MC he ordered a replacement from me.

Related to Cooking Pasta, KD & Spaghetti in a Large MicroCooker

Q: How much water should I use when cooking pasta in the Large MicroCooker?

A: The general rule for cooking pasta is to use 4-6 quarts of water for every pound of pasta. However, the Large MicroCooker has a 3-quart capacity, so you may need to adjust the amount of pasta you cook accordingly.

Q: Can I cook different types of pasta in the Large MicroCooker?

A: Yes, the Large MicroCooker is versatile and can be used to cook all types of pasta, including spaghetti, macaroni, and penne. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the type of pasta you are using.

Q: How long does it take to cook pasta in the Large MicroCooker?

A: The cooking time will vary depending on the type of pasta and your desired level of doneness. As a general rule, most pastas will cook in 8-12 minutes in the Large MicroCooker.

Q: Can I add other ingredients to the pasta while cooking in the Large MicroCooker?

A: Yes, you can add vegetables, meat, or other ingredients to the pasta while it is cooking in the Large MicroCooker. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and stir the ingredients occasionally to ensure even cooking.

Q: How do I clean the Large MicroCooker after cooking pasta?

A: The Large MicroCooker is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher after use. Alternatively, you can hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenf
  • pamperedpals