• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Conference T-Shirt Purchase Controversy | Reflections on Maui Trip

In summary, the Newswire said that we are supposed to buy a tshirt to wear at conference, but some people do not think it is cool. The cost of the shirt is $15.95, and it is not likely that most people will wear it.
did you see the Newswire?? We are supposed to PURCHASE a tshirt to wear on Saturday at conference??? Really? I don't think that is cool at all. After the amazing trip to Maui, I am wondering why they would cheap out on tshirt at conference?

Long ago you got one when you went to NC. Then they let you buy one. Then they went away. Now they're back, pricier and they want us to wear them a specific day?! I have a ton of PC tshirts that I never wear (I don't wear any tshirts) so I think I'll pass on this one or maybe I'll wear one out of my closet...They have been cutting corners every year for the last several years. Ever since Doris stepped down. Now don't get me wrong, I still love PC and feel that we still get a lot of perks and goodies (especially our downlines do) and I do appreciate all that. I'm just talking about the fact that they are cutting back on all those things especially at conference. It is what it is.

AND - if purchasing it from Merrill, you'll also be paying the shipping costs on this t-shirt...bringing the cost for a t-shirt closer to $25.

I won't be buying it...

You could do one big order for your team and save on shipping costs.

I placed a Merrill order after the first time they announced the shirts and they weren't even on Merrill's site at the time. I won't be getting one either. My guess is they'll have them on-site.

I haven't gotten my newswire yet. :(

Yeah, i have tons of tshirts too-

i'm trying to think possitive, I was thinking of buying a shirt for my team to wear, so maybe i'll just buy this one instead.

they want us to wear them on Saturday.. my guess is so that we are all wearing them as we travel home. Not going to spend $15 for a shirt I will never wear again. Seems silly to me. Either give them to us or not have them at all... not cool in my opinion

In todays economy people are really sacrificing just to get to conference and some have even made the decision not to go....then encourage to spend more? I'm with Jenni - "not cool".

Ok I must add that although Idon't think they should be encouraging more to spend for conference, I really really like the t-shirt (just got my newsletter) and would buy one even if not going to conference as I think its a GREAT conversation starter / out & about shirt. Although I love the color, my casper the ghost skin-tone is not going to fare well in it. I'll still give it a thumbs up. :)

flemings99 said:
I placed a Merrill order after the first time they announced the shirts and they weren't even on Merrill's site at the time. I won't be getting one either. My guess is they'll have them on-site.
That was my thought too.

They gave us 2 weeks notice? I finally got my Newswire & it says order by June 1. What if we were wanting to buy for our downline? Wouldn't they think that we'd need more notice? :(I'll actually probably order mine in advance so that I can wash it first. It drove me crazy wearing a t-shirt around Toronto that hadn't been washed. But various chemicals bother me too. I have to use Tide Free on all my laundry & bedding. LOL

Um....it's REALLY green....kermit anyone?

LOL - Hey! I happen to be wearing another Merrill Logo shirt right now that's the SAME color! I bought a group of shirts from a friend & it was in the bunch. Oh, and it IS laundry day. I wore it because everything else was in the wash. LOL

I won't be buying one.
I think it's rude, in this economy, after asking us to invest SO much money in travel, hotel, registration, meals just to attend...to then ask us to spend ANOTHER $15.95+tax/shipping on a t-shirt.
AND...how does a t-shirt fit into "business casual?"

dannyzmom said:
AND...how does a t-shirt fit into "business casual?"

I'm totally with you on this on Carolyn! That is the first thing I though of! The t-shirt is a far cry from that. But each to his own...

I think I'm going to skip it... I'll wear my Toronto t-shirt instead.

Colleen, that's actually a great idea! We should wear our trip shirts! I like the Disney shirt the best. I think the cut is different from the shirts in previous years.

Chef Kearns said:
Colleen, that's actually a great idea! We should wear our trip shirts! I like the Disney shirt the best. I think the cut is different from the shirts in previous years.

Thanks... actually, I would find it inspiring if everyone would wear their trip shirts instead... then newer consultants or those who feel they are out of reach could see how many are actually earning them. Hmmm... I think I'm sending an e-mail to my NED and JJ next!!!!

Maybe they can promote it as "wear your trip shirt and if you don't have one... here's one you can buy..."

Unfortunately, I think Lynette & I started it. :eek: I did a design for her group last year & she chose the green shirt to put it on. I'm betting her group really stood out at conference & HO reps probably noticed! They are probably guessing that the design they came up this year will also stand out in a crowd on the street and in the airport and be great advertising.Here's the Almond Team shirts from last year:
456324026v2_480x480_Front_Color-Green.jpg
456324026v2_480x480_Back_Color-Green.jpg
I have to admit that Corporate's color is a bit more tame. It's a light green, but doesn't have that fluorescent touch to it. ;)
714120800L.jpg

pcjenni said:
they want us to wear them on Saturday.. my guess is so that we are all wearing them as we travel home. Not going to spend $15 for a shirt I will never wear again. Seems silly to me. Either give them to us or not have them at all... not cool in my opinion

I feel the same. I don't wear tee shirts per say (unless I am cleaning) and I have plenty.

Sheila said:
Unfortunately, I think Lynette & I started it. :eek: I did a design for her group last year & she chose the green shirt to put it on. I'm betting her group really stood out at conference & HO reps probably noticed! They are probably guessing that the design they came up this year will also stand out in a crowd on the street and in the airport and be great
Sorry Sheila, you didn't start it. People have been making tshirts for their teams for years. There are always many different ones each year.

Personally, I think that if they had to charge for them they should have made the $15 including shipping and right from PC. They've done that before with other things.

Oh, I wasn't saying we started team shirts, I was referencing the color. ;)

bethcooks4u said:
Personally, I think that if they had to charge for them they should have made the $15 including shipping and right from PC. They've done that before with other things.

Great idea! :love0010:

Related to Conference T-Shirt Purchase Controversy | Reflections on Maui Trip

1. What is "Anyone Else Bugged By...."?

"Anyone Else Bugged By...." is a community forum where Pampered Chef customers and consultants can share their experiences, tips, and questions about our products and recipes.

2. How can I join "Anyone Else Bugged By...."?

To join "Anyone Else Bugged By....", simply go to our website and click on the "Community" tab. From there, you can sign up and start participating in our forum discussions.

3. Is "Anyone Else Bugged By...." only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "Anyone Else Bugged By...." is open to all Pampered Chef customers and consultants. We welcome everyone to join and share their thoughts and experiences with our products.

4. Can I share negative feedback on "Anyone Else Bugged By...."?

Yes, we encourage our community to share honest and constructive feedback on "Anyone Else Bugged By...." This allows us to improve our products and services for our customers.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in "Anyone Else Bugged By...."?

Yes, we have a set of community guidelines that we expect all members to follow. These guidelines promote respectful and productive discussions within our forum. You can find the guidelines on our website under the "Community" tab.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies