• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chipped DCB: Can I Still Use It for My Upcoming Shows?

absolutely not! I would take it to a show, but if anyone notices - mention our great warranty and that you'll be sending it back to get it replaced.
prepchef
Gold Member
Last night I made the Chicken Pene Al Fresco in the DCB. As I was taking off the lid, it slipped and chipped the bottom lip about a 1" chip. It didn't crack into the bowl. It is on one of the corners and the top of the lip still has glaze, it is more underneath that has the gouge.

My question is...would YOU still take it to a show?

I have one this weekend and another next that I am featuring the DCB, so a return would NOT come back fast enought (not with HO being as screwed up as it is!)

Could you borrow from another consultant? If not, you could always take it and if anyone notices - mention our great warranty and that you'll be sending it back to get it replaced.

Gina M said:
you could always take it and if anyone notices - mention our great warranty and that you'll be sending it back to get it replaced.

That is what I'm thinking. I already did the online adjustment, but I don't want to send it in yet.

I had on the oven mitt. I find that the handle is too small to really get a hold of with the oven mitt on. Anyone else feel that way.

I did notice in the DTINT materials that they show the woman using a kitchen towel to hold the lid. :eek:

Hey Gina, you took those 2 thoughts right out of my head! You could also explain that you could not live without this and didn't want to wait for your replacement--you just had to show what a great product it is. Also, explain that the DCB is so strong it still cooks for you!!!;)

Usually they will replace a consultant product without waiting for the return (and then you send the defective one once you have the new one) because they know we need/want them for demos.

I'd call.

BethCooks4U said:
Usually they will replace a consultant product without waiting for the return (and then you send the defective one once you have the new one) because they know we need/want them for demos.

I'd call.

Unfortunately I bought this one with a Host's Booking Benefit that she didn't want. :cry:

I sent a note to the Test Kitchen to see if they recommend NOT using the Oven Mitt, since the Theme Show pics show them using a towel.

I'd take it as long as the lid fits securely. I usually take mine off w/ a towel, and I also take it out of the micro w/ a towel as well. I think the oven mitts and pads are way too bulky, I'm always afraid of dropping it because I don't feel it has enough room on the sides to securely grab it.

chefsteph07 said:
I'd take it as long as the lid fits securely. I usually take mine off w/ a towel, and I also take it out of the micro w/ a towel as well. I think the oven mitts and pads are way too bulky, I'm always afraid of dropping it because I don't feel it has enough room on the sides to securely grab it.

I will do so from now on!

It is a heavy sucker too! But I absolutely love it! :love:

I guess the Oven Pad/Glove is good for removing the flatter stoneware and maybe the new Bamboo Towel would be good to remove the lid off the DCB.

Absolutely! Take it to a show!The stoneware has a guarantee and this gives you a perfect opportunity to discuss the unparalleled customer service. Chances are no one will notice anyway.

mine has a huge chunk taken out from under the lid also. Has been for at least a year. I haven't gotten it replaced and noone has noticed it. It doesn't allow the steam to come out so the lid is still doing its job.
Maybe before the three years is up I will break it and send it in but I am not worried about it.

when I use the dcb in my microwave at home, I use my rubber gloves (that I use to wash dishes) to take it out. It protects my hands and wrists from steam and I get a more firm grip on the stone. The handles are not big enough to grasp. At parties I use the silicone trivet in one hand and the oven pad in the other. I feel the mitt is much too large.

prepchef said:
Last night I made the Chicken Pene Al Fresco in the DCB. As I was taking off the lid, it slipped and chipped the bottom lip about a 1" chip. It didn't crack into the bowl. It is on one of the corners and the top of the lip still has glaze, it is more underneath that has the gouge.

My question is...would YOU still take it to a show?

I have one this weekend and another next that I am featuring the DCB, so a return would NOT come back fast enought (not with HO being as screwed up as it is!)

This will not be covered from HO as is was broken in a slip and fall...try to get a new one as a consultant but we shouldn't promote an exchange or refund on broken piece from a slip or a fall. Would you return a dish you bought at Walmart because you dropped it on the floor? I guarantees are great but let's not get on HO nerve where they would reduce the guarantee. As a consultant I would certainly try though to get one as we sell these for HO. Try it!!! Goog Luck

As a new consultant when my bar pan had a crack it in I sent an email to the solution center and explained that I had a party in two days. They overnighted me one.

1. What should I do if I accidentally chip my Deep Covered Baker?

If your Deep Covered Baker has a small chip, you can still use it as long as it is not affecting the cooking surface. You can also contact our customer service for a replacement or visit our website for tips on how to repair the chip.

2. Can I still use my Deep Covered Baker if it has a large chip?

If your Deep Covered Baker has a large chip, we recommend not using it for cooking as it can affect the performance and durability of the product. Please contact our customer service for a replacement or visit our website for tips on how to repair the chip.

3. How can I prevent my Deep Covered Baker from chipping?

To prevent your Deep Covered Baker from chipping, make sure to handle it with care and avoid hitting it against hard surfaces. Also, avoid using metal utensils when cooking in the baker. We recommend using our nylon or silicone utensils for best results.

4. Can I put my Deep Covered Baker in the dishwasher?

Yes, our Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential chipping.

5. Is the warranty on my Deep Covered Baker still valid if it chips?

If your Deep Covered Baker chips due to a manufacturing defect, it is covered under our warranty. However, if the chip is a result of improper use or handling, it may not be covered. Please contact our customer service for more information about our warranty policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash