• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheese Grater Fail: A Funny Story from a Catalog Show Host

my husband show me how to use it once. He's the one that's been using it for a while now. My 4 yr old has been using it since she was 3. We have a manual can opener, but my husband got this electric one so we wouldn't have to use the manual can opener. :PI've never seen that one before! That sounds like a great idea! I always forget to bring my electric can opener and have to borrow my husbands. I'm going to have to get one of those too!
tiffanypc05
Alright well I did this party a few weeks ago and a lady there bought a cheese grater...Well she also booked a catalog show. So, I'm calling to check in with her about the cat. show and i asked how she liked the grater....she said she couldn't figure out how to work it...First of all i shouldn't have judged her but all i could think of is how can you not use the grater...i had to tell her over the phone how to use it and it's like a light come on in her head after i finished telling her how to use it....All this time she was putting the cheese inside of the round metal piece. I said honey, you don't put cheese in there it comes out of there....I just had to share this story....I got the biggest laugh out it, but I'm glad i could help her out, cause that's what i'm here for!!!

i know LOTS of people that have done that!!

That is the first time I have heard that one. :D

jenniferlynne said:
That is the first time I have heard that one. :D
Me too! That's a good one. I'll have to specify that at shows....it'll get a good laugh too!:D I've had TWO people try to put their microcooker on the STOVE! And they complained that it melted. Hellooooooo!? It makes me laugh. One lady wanted ME to replace it. She was someone who expressed interest in having a show, so I told her when she had her show, I'd put it on her show order as a thank you. She never hosted, so oh well! I don't know if that fact that I didn't pay for her mistake put a bad taste in her mouth or what, but I thought that compromising by giving it to her for free at her show was a good deal!

Hehe, I guess men aren't the only ones that don't always read directions! Women sometimes don't either:)

Oh that's funny!! My neighbor calls me every time (literally every time) she has to open a can, she just can't figure out how to open the cans with our can opener...

alot of people say they cant use our can opener. I showed my 8 yr old daughter so I can finally throw away my old can opener that looks scuzzy lol

My mother hates our can opener. I love it. She can never figure out how to use it. I have heard of people opening a lot of cans and thinking that they aren't open...such as I want corn for supper, and I open a can, it doesn't work, I open another, and so on and so on and then they call and say this can opener doesn't work. When consultant/friend/etc arrives they have actually opened every can and didn't know it.

Have you all seen that can opener that they advertise on TV? It is a lot like ours, it takes the top off without leaving sharp edges, BUT it's battery operated. You just stick in on the can and let go. It goes around the can by itself. Kind of cool. I get tired of cranking on ours sometimes.

I can't make battery operated can openers work (I am quite challenged sometimes) that's why I love ours!!

This one on TV looks just like a hand held opener. You just hook it on the top like normal then turn it on and it works its way around the can on it's own.

At home I use an electric can opener, but at shows I use ours. And I always make a point to joke about how my husband had to show ME how to use it.

I had a lady the other day who thought you could put the micro cookers on the stove, and when I told her it was only for the microwave she asked "oh can you put plastic in the microwave?":rolleyes:

rennea said:
I had a lady the other day who thought you could put the micro cookers on the stove, and when I told her it was only for the microwave she asked "oh can you put plastic in the microwave?":rolleyes:

You have GOT to be KIDDING! I try to take the stories that are posted here and "steal" them (ie. I knew a guy who...) so I can do the products for dummies presentation without upsetting my guests. Then they also know they CAN ask me silly questions when they get their products.

I had my husbands uncle purchase a micro cooker cause he melted his wifes a few years ago on the stove. Also about the can opener my 4 yr old has opened cans with it.

Okay, I have a confession about our can opener. I had a hard time learning how to use it. My MIL was about ready to throw hers away awhile back when she finally got it and now she loves it, so I asked her to help me. It's embarassing, but what I was doing wrong is trying to use the bottle top opener to lift the lid off instead of the little lid thing. LOL! It is a little difficult to learn and everybody needs a demo.

Jeanie

It took a whileMy mom was watching my brothers cats for him while they were camping and he has our can opener from before I became a consultant. Well she was getting very frustrated trying to open the can. She was trying to put it on like the other kind and it just wouldn't work. It took her quite a while to figure it out and then trying to get the lid off was funny. I wish I had been there at the time I know I would have been laughing so hard.

By the way once she got it figured out she loves it and now owns one herself!!!

Theresia Aylward

What is "This Is a New One...haha"?

"This Is a New One...haha" is a popular phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to introduce new and innovative kitchen tools and products to their customers.

How often are new products released?

New products are released by Pampered Chef on a regular basis, typically every season. This allows us to constantly provide our customers with the latest and greatest kitchen tools and gadgets.

Can I purchase "This Is a New One...haha" products online?

Yes, you can purchase our new products online through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Our website is regularly updated with our newest products for easy and convenient shopping.

Are there any special deals or promotions for "This Is a New One...haha" products?

Yes, we often offer special deals and promotions for our new products. These can include discounts, free gifts, or bundle deals. Be sure to check our website or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for the latest promotions.

Can I host a party to showcase "This Is a New One...haha" products?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to introduce your friends and family to our new products. Our consultants will provide a fun and interactive experience while showcasing our latest kitchen tools. Plus, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products as a thank you for sharing with your loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dymplz8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KateD
  • lde1403
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pelamm
Replies