• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Need Help with Cash and Carry at a Festival Booth?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of cash-n-carry at a local festival and the challenges of having multiple consultants cover the booth. The idea of sharing a booth with other direct sale personal is also mentioned. The participants also share their suggestions and experiences on keeping track of items sold and replacing stock. The importance of following the personal inventory order policy for selling items at the booth is also mentioned.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I have a Booth at a local Festival and the chairperson for the festival is requiring cash-n-carry. I have quite a bit of cash-n-carry, but my new consultants covering the booth while i work don't.

I have seen other direct sale personal share a booth and sell each others items. Since ALL the supplies are going to be mine and there will be more than one consultant/shift covering the table, does anyone have a template or example of what they've done in the past that worked. Is there a spreadsheet available to use?

I thought we'd keep track of the items and then the consultant who sold the items would have to replace my stock within 2 weeks of the fair using the customers name so they'd have guarantee.

Suggestions of what's worked in the past? I've worked booths before, but we never sold others stuff. I know when i bring Cash N Carry, it sells... and generally covers the cost of the booth.

Personally, I rarely have other consultants sell my stuff unless I feel confident with them. It is too difficult to lose things. On the rare occasion that I have, I just have them mark down on a sheet what they sold, then they get a percentage of the sale. The sheet is just a piece of blank paper. It is too difficult to find the item in a list because we sometimes call it something different than the proper name. While there may be a cash-n-carry requirement, the goal at the fairs I work are to build business. A sale at the fair is business for a day, but a booking builds the business. Perhaps for your new consultants you keep the cash-n-carry simple and small, ie, quikut paring knife, citrus peelers, mini-spadulats, so they can concentrate on collecting leads to build their business.

Did you know that there is a specific process to have Cash and Carry on hand ? It is called a personal inventory order. If you do sell items at the booth, you need to follow that policy so that the person has a product guarentee with their items.

If I work a booth where they require Cash and Carry, I get Seasons Bests and sell those then take orders for the rest. That helps cut out the issue of splitting the booth with others too. I will pay the difference in the $4.50 shipping and the direct shipping and have it sent directly to the customer. If you have enough for a show, wahoo! : )

Malinda Klein said:
I have a Booth at a local Festival and the chairperson for the festival is requiring cash-n-carry. I have quite a bit of cash-n-carry, but my new consultants covering the booth while i work don't.

I have seen other direct sale personal share a booth and sell each others items. Since ALL the supplies are going to be mine and there will be more than one consultant/shift covering the table, does anyone have a template or example of what they've done in the past that worked. Is there a spreadsheet available to use?

I thought we'd keep track of the items and then the consultant who sold the items would have to replace my stock within 2 weeks of the fair using the customers name so they'd have guarantee.

Suggestions of what's worked in the past? I've worked booths before, but we never sold others stuff. I know when i bring Cash N Carry, it sells... and generally covers the cost of the booth.

Gail Collins said:
Did you know that there is a specific process to have Cash and Carry on hand ? It is called a personal inventory order. If you do sell items at the booth, you need to follow that policy so that the person has a product guarentee with their items.

I'll have to read more up on the personal inventory order info. Didn't realize i was doing anything wrong. Thanks for the info!

i've always reordered the items under the customer's name to replish my stock when i've sold cash and carry, so the customer would still get the product guarantee.

Hi there!

I completely understand your situation and I have a few suggestions that may help you with your cash-n-carry at the festival booth. First of all, it's great that you have a lot of cash-n-carry items, but it's important to make sure that your new consultants have some as well. One way to do this is to have a "cash-n-carry party" where you invite your new consultants to come and purchase items from you at a discounted price. This way, they will have some inventory to sell at the festival booth.

In terms of selling each other's items, it's a great idea to collaborate with other direct sales consultants at the festival. You can create a joint display or even have a section of your table dedicated to their products. As for keeping track of sales, you can create a simple spreadsheet or use a notebook to write down the items sold and the consultant who sold it. This way, you can keep track of what needs to be restocked and who is responsible for restocking it.

Another option is to have a sign-up sheet for customers who are interested in purchasing items that are not currently in stock. This way, you can contact them after the festival and arrange for the items to be delivered or shipped to them. This can also be a great way to generate future sales and leads.

I hope these suggestions help and I wish you all the best at the festival booth! Don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience. Happy selling!

1. What is a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet?

A Cash and Carry Spreadsheet is a tool used to track and manage cash transactions in a business. It allows for the recording of cash inflows and outflows, as well as the calculation of cash balances and net cash flow.

2. How does a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet work?

A Cash and Carry Spreadsheet typically consists of columns for date, description, cash inflow, cash outflow, and balance. Users can input their cash transactions in the corresponding columns, and the spreadsheet will automatically calculate the balance based on the inputs.

3. Why is a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet important?

A Cash and Carry Spreadsheet is important because it provides a clear and organized way to track cash transactions, which is crucial for proper financial management. It also allows businesses to analyze their cash flow and make informed decisions based on their financial situation.

4. Is a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet easy to use?

Yes, a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. It typically includes clear instructions and formatting to make it easy for users to input and analyze their cash transactions.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet?

Yes, there are alternative tools such as accounting software or online cash management systems. However, a Cash and Carry Spreadsheet can be a more cost-effective option for small businesses or individuals who do not have complex cash management needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thov99
  • eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcmckay