• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What makes Carpe Phonum by Tammy Stanley a must-read for sales professionals?

In summary, the conversation discussed the book "STOP CANCELLATIONS NOW!" by Tammy Stanley, which was highly recommended by the participants. The book focuses on psychological issues that hold us back from picking up the phone and provides strategies to combat them. It was also mentioned that the book is small but packed with helpful information. Some participants have already read and benefited from the book, while others have purchased the full CD set and found them to be worth the investment. Tammy Stanley also has a website dedicated to the direct sales industry, where interested individuals can sign up for her weekly newsletter.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I just ordered this yesterday. My Director and one of my clustermates were talking about this book at our team meeting on Monday night, and they were raving about it- I need major motivation to get on the phone, so I'm hoping the book will live up to my expectations!

Anyone else here read it? I was thinking of downloading it to my kindle, but realized that I will probably want to highlight/make notes in it, or lend it out to my teammates, so I ordered it off amazon instead- it wasn't bad, only $15. :chef:

I have read what I can from it and yes, she is fabulous! Money well spent. And I have been getting on the phone more because of her workshop too. It's all in our heads and she helps straighten our heads out!

Thanks Ann! Good to know, I know it's totally in my head, and sometimes I can get it straight myself, but it takes a lot of work!!! Looking forward to rec'ing it later this week!!

I am currently reading it! It is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! The book seems "small" but man is it JAM PACKED with deep, psychological issues that hold us back from picking up the phone and HOW to combat that!

I tell you what, Tammy is in a WHOLE other league from other Direct Selling "experts" I still really like.

I attended Tammy Stanley's workshop STOP CANCELLATIONS NOW! at conference and found it to be EYE-OPENING! One of my teammates and I split the cost of her CDs and Book. I have not read the book yet, but the CDs were amazing! I have tried some of her suggestions, and they work! I am so eager to try out her host coaching, but so far, I have not had an opportunity to try it. So, I'm sure that the book is going to be great as well.

Hope you find it to be so!!!!:thumbup:

I'm reading it now. Great! It's money well spent.

Was she at NC in 2008?

I bought all her cd's too & when I finished listening to them I am going to sell them so if anyone is interested let me know!

Dave and i got her book at nc this year it is money well spent.

kaseydee said:
I bought all her cd's too & when I finished listening to them I am going to sell them so if anyone is interested let me know!

I'm interested Kasey! :)

So has anyone purchased her full CD set and can you give your take on it? is it worth the investment? I'm considering purchasing it also, and then sharing with my cluster.
I'm reading some of her articles (and need to start reading the book that I bought at conference), and she makes so much sense! And I can see what she says as true- just the little bits I HAVE implemented lately do work! So I want to know more....i really want to make this business skyrocket.

Does she have a website (for those who didn't attend conference?)
Thanks! Deb

I heard her too and just began reading the book today. It's fabulous!!!!!

esavvymom said:
So has anyone purchased her full CD set and can you give your take on it? is it worth the investment? I'm considering purchasing it also, and then sharing with my cluster.
I'm reading some of her articles (and need to start reading the book that I bought at conference), and she makes so much sense! And I can see what she says as true- just the little bits I HAVE implemented lately do work! So I want to know more....i really want to make this business skyrocket.

They are worth every penny! Now, the audio quality isn't perfect...but hey...it's the quality of the information presented that is the ticket ;)

Dummy me - I forgot to buy it at conference. But I just ordered it from Amazon!:thumbup:

The book definitely is great and I have just started listening to the cd's and they are amazing. If you didn't attend conference, you can still go to her website, The Tammy Stanley Sales Refinery dedicated to the direct sales industry. and sign up to be on her weekly newsletter list. She is coming up with one especially designed for Pampered Chef consultants. Her newsletters come in to your inbox every Thursday.

zmom58 said:
Does she have a website (for those who didn't attend conference?)
Thanks! Deb

The Tammy Stanley Sales Refinery dedicated to the direct sales industry.

You can read several great articles on her website, and also more if you scroll down the "Articles" page to the very bottom to "more articles found on the web". Just skip the ones listed as being on "morefreeinformation.com". They aren't there- but the same ones are on the next site ("ezinearticles.com")

babywings76 said:
I'm interested Kasey! :)

Ok, I will let you know when I'm finished!

I purchased the book on Amazon and it is going to be here today! I was looking at her site. It looks like the full set is $175?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I purchased the book on Amazon and it is going to be here today! I was looking at her site. It looks like the full set is $175?

It was cheaper at conference. I did buy the entire set of CD's and the book. I just finished listening to how to stop postponement in the home pary business and it is a good audio of the workshop at conference.

And although I am listening to another one and because I can't focus completely at work...she is saying something as I write this that is hitting me in the head like a 12 " Executive Family Style Skillet!!!!!:eek::yuck:

It is my particular issue that ate at me like a piranha last spring. Getting home from work and feeling like I needed to spend time decompressing then going to bed feeling guilty that I had not made those calls.

I love finding solutions to my mind pollution!!!:rolleyes:

just finished the book. It is incerdible! I have a tremendous fear of the phone, even when people ask me to call (don't ask I have no idea) I have been getting on the phone more often lately and it is because of the book. I think it is a great read for ANYONE!

I ordered my copy from Amazon, and it shipped today. There must be a run on them because the listing on Amazon said "only 5 left in stock".

I hope this book helps. I HATE the phone. I've often said that if I realized that there was so much phone work involved in this business I may not have signed up!

baychef said:
It was cheaper at conference. I did buy the entire set of CD's and the book. I just finished listening to how to stop postponement in the home pary business and it is a good audio of the workshop at conference.

And although I am listening to another one and because I can't focus completely at work...she is saying something as I write this that is hitting me in the head like a 12 " Executive Family Style Skillet!!!!!:eek::yuck:

It is my particular issue that ate at me like a piranha last spring. Getting home from work and feeling like I needed to spend time decompressing then going to bed feeling guilty that I had not made those calls.

I love finding solutions to my mind pollution!!!:rolleyes:

Ok, you have sold me on the CD's. This is my exact problem. I will order them when I get my comission check.

I am going to order the book now. :)

Tammy's info is excellent. I went to her workshop at conference. I didn't buy her books or CDs because I know me and I know I won't read or listen to them, but I HAVE been applying the info from her workshop and have been getting GREAT results!

I bought the whole set of cds and they are great.

About 1/2 way through the book right now and definitely have had some "aha" moments. I feel like she skips around a bit for my liking- I would personally like it if she carried her examples and stories through a little more, but overall I like it and it was a good investment! I can't wait to finish it :)

baychef said:
I have read what I can from it and yes, she is fabulous! Money well spent. And I have been getting on the phone more because of her workshop too. It's all in our heads and she helps straighten our heads out!

But I kind of like your head all unstraightened... ;)

What is "Carpe Phonum"?

"Carpe Phonum" is a popular cookbook written by Tammy Stanley that features easy and delicious recipes designed specifically for busy individuals who want to seize the moment and make the most out of their limited time in the kitchen.

What types of recipes can I find in "Carpe Phonum"?

"Carpe Phonum" offers a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. It includes dishes for all occasions, from quick weeknight meals to special gatherings. There are also options for different dietary preferences, such as vegetarian and gluten-free.

Are the ingredients in "Carpe Phonum" recipes easy to find?

Yes, most of the ingredients used in "Carpe Phonum" recipes are common and can be found in any grocery store. Tammy Stanley focuses on using simple and accessible ingredients to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for everyone.

Do I need to have advanced cooking skills to use "Carpe Phonum"?

Not at all! "Carpe Phonum" is designed for individuals of all cooking levels, from beginners to experienced chefs. The recipes are easy to follow and include step-by-step instructions, making it perfect for anyone looking to improve their cooking skills or try new dishes.

Is "Carpe Phonum" available in different formats?

Yes, "Carpe Phonum" is available in both print and digital formats. You can purchase a physical copy of the cookbook or download it as an e-book. This allows you to access the recipes from any device and cook on-the-go!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridedream
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • buddy5909
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • acourvelle