• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Vegan Cake Without Eggs?

I'll try to find the recipe and send it to her.I can't find the recipe you're looking for, but I found a recipe that uses tofu as the egg replacement. It's called Vegan Chocolate Cake and it's on Allrecipes.
pamperedposey
Silver Member
This question was put out by my upline. I thought I would do some investigating on CS for them...

Has anyone tried to make the Miracle Cake (a.k.a. Magic Cake, Lava Cake, World’s Easiest Chocolate Cake, etc) without using eggs? I have a cake mix and frosting that are both vegan (no dairy, eggs or any animal product). I’d like to be able to make the cake for a function tomorrow but it has to be vegan. Any suggestions?

I don't know if this would work in the microwave or as a cake but I have made muffins using just a box of spice cake mix and 15 oz can of pumpkin puree- no eggs, oil or water. Just mix the cake mix and pumpkin and put into the mini muffin pan. They are very cake-like, so I would think it would work as a cake...

Applesauce Cake

1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger

Preheat oven to 350.
Oil a 10-inch round cake pan or 8/9-inch square baking pan.
Beat oil, maple syrup and vanilla together until smooth.
Stir in applesauce, raisins and walnuts.
In separate bowl, sift remaining ingredients together.
Dough will be stiff.
Spread into a prepared pan.

Bake 30 minutes, or until cake pulls away from edges of pan and knife inserted in the center comes out dry.
Cool on rack.

Makes 12 servings.

Whipped Tofu Topping

8 ounces silken tofu
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1 tablespoon nondairy milk

Puree tofu, maple syrup, oil and vanilla or almond extract in blender until very smooth and creamy.
Add milk.
Chill for at least one hour before using.

Makes about 1 cup

Hope this helps!! :D

Isn't there some kind of cake that you make with Sprite or 7Up? It doesn't seem like that would replace the egg though. :confused:

Do you think any of these ideas would work in the microwave? They all sound great, but I'm thinking that she is specifically looking for a recipe that will work in the microwave.

Last edited:
pamperedposey said:
Do you think any of these ideas would work in the microwave? The all sound great, but I'm thinking that she is specifically looking for a recipe that will work in the microwave.

Hmm...really do not know - hard to tell!!!!

My aunt and uncle are vegans. I'll send her the recipe and see what she says for vegan-friendly replacements. I doubt I'll have it for tomorrow, but still not a bad thing to have on file

My aunt said that if you only have one or two eggs in the recipe you can substitute a couple tablespoons of water, 2 T of pureed tofu, 1/2 of a mashed banana, 1/2 C applesauce, 2 T cornstarch or a flaxseed/water combo. There is also an egg replacement that you can get from the health food store.

1. How do I replace eggs in a vegan cake?

Eggs can easily be replaced in a vegan cake by using a "flax egg" or "chia egg". To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes gel-like. For a chia egg, mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. These substitutes act as a binder, just like eggs, in your cake batter.

2. What can I use instead of dairy milk in a vegan cake?

There are several non-dairy milk options that can be used in a vegan cake, such as almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or oat milk. These can be used in equal amounts as a substitute for dairy milk in your recipe.

3. Can I use regular sugar in a vegan cake?

Yes, regular sugar can be used in a vegan cake. However, if you want to make the cake completely vegan, you can use alternatives such as maple syrup, agave nectar, or coconut sugar.

4. How do I make a vegan frosting for my cake?

To make a vegan frosting, you can use vegan butter or coconut oil as a substitute for regular butter. You can also use non-dairy milk and powdered sugar to achieve a creamy consistency. For flavor, you can add vanilla extract or cocoa powder.

5. Can I use regular flour in a vegan cake?

Yes, regular flour can be used in a vegan cake. However, for a healthier option, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to check the label to ensure it is vegan-friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
Replies