• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Image Compressor 2008 Pro Help Improve Your Photo Editing Skills?

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 0 Posted By: ccrows
Views: 165 Replies: 0 OK Giveawayoftheday has been really lame this past month, but made up for it today.Image Compressor 2008 ProThis program goes for $99 (definitely not worth that price), but it does have some good capture utilities built in. (sure prnt screen and alt-prt scrn could do the same but this is more robust and it's free)One minor annoyance before you install this is that it will associate all your images on your computer to use this program. (either an uninstall or a change of file types would fix that if you don't like it)
Need this info to register: (taken right from the readme.txt file)
Use your own Name and (spam) email.
Order ID:
65A3-7A96-3048-2D64-CEF2-B9D3-4223-0E27
License key:
65A3-815C-3048-2D64-CED1-A4F0-01AA-B013More Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

I am putting this behind the apron because I hate to have consultantsI am putting this behind the apron because I hate to have consultants see my disappointment and frustrations...although maybe I should post in on CS and see if anyone there has feedback as well...I dunno.

Anyway - I have had SO many cancellations lately - and they're all cancelling via email so I can't even have a conversation with them and see what's really holding them back. I got three bookings at a show on the 22nd. I gave them each a blank guest list and memory jogger and asked for the GL back by April 2nd. I got one list back...and two nothings. So I called and emailed the two -- one cancelled via email, the other via voicemail.

I did a vendor event last month - got one very enthusiastic booking - who cancelled via email.

What can I do about this? They are very firm in their "don't call me, I'll call you" stance in their emails...Here are the emails:

"Hi Carolyn,

I received the food chopper last night and I can’t wait to use it!!!

I received the phone message you left for me and I apologize for not contacting you sooner. Unfortunately I will have to cancel the date we have scheduled. We are planning a vacation during that time. If I plan to reschedule in the future I will definitely contact you for the party."

and
"My sincere apologies for not returning your numerous calls. I have been deathly sick with bronchitis which in turn has flared my asthma. Given ny severe shortness of breath , i can barely hold a phone convesation or get of bed. I have been waitig for numerous email responses from my friends and sadly 1 of all 18 sent are unable to make it.

So regretfully given the poor stats for that given date and more divorce woes, I must posypone this party for a more favorable and later date. I hope this was enough notice....my apologies. I will contact you when I and my friends are ready. Thank you"

I am feeling SO discouraged.:confused:

Seems like it is going around. I had a host who not only would not return my calls, when I did reach her, she said she would call me right back. No call of course, so I had to leave the "if I don't hear from you, I will assume we are not having a show" message, and she has never called me back.

Gotta love um!
I had a great March, but the bookings are few.

Hang in there, you know this just happens from time to time.

I've suffered as well... Feb, March and this April. But I just keep getting on the phone trying to get them replaced. This month is looking tough though...

Same here. April is toughest of all - the 90 day rule is holding true.

I had a health fair on the 2nd and offered free cooking shows in April. Four people said they would love to do that. One is on the calendar. One hung up on me when I called (she had seemed excited the day before) and the other two haven't returned my call. I had other leads too but those were the "let's do it right now" people.

bethcooks4u said:
the 90 day rule is holding true.

Yup! I wasn't on the phone and just 90 days ago was when my mom had her emergency surgery. I was doing the shows I had scheduled but not doing anything else business-wise while I was helping her. Now it's showing...

ShanaSmith said:
. No call of course, so I had to leave the "if I don't hear from you, I will assume we are not having a show" message, and she has never called me back.

It's is so going around. I've never been so happy to have just 3 April shows...this time last week I only had 1. I've started calling those who won't call me back who've set a date and leaving this message: "I'm so excited about your show on ______. I'm guessing you took care of the invitations since I didn't receive your guest list. I've mapquested directions to your house and will be there at _______ on _________. Call me if you have any questions."

Yep, when they hear that, they call back. I probably get 75% of them to reschedule and have even had a couple tell me they had "forgotten" (not really sure how this happens, when I can tell you've checked the e-mail I've sent as well the fact I've left several messages, but that's beside the point :)) and actually hold their show. Good luck all...Let's hope May is much, much better!!!

iteachurkid said:
It's is so going around. I've never been so happy to have just 3 April shows...this time last week I only had 1. I've started calling those who won't call me back who've set a date and leaving this message: "I'm so excited about your show on ______. I'm guessing you took care of the invitations since I didn't receive your guest list. I've mapquested directions to your house and will be there at _______ on _________. Call me if you have any questions."

Yep, when they hear that, they call back. I probably get 75% of them to reschedule and have even had a couple tell me they had "forgotten" (not really sure how this happens, when I can tell you've checked the e-mail I've sent as well the fact I've left several messages, but that's beside the point :)) and actually hold their show. Good luck all...Let's hope May is much, much better!!!

Ok - can I ask HOW are you getting them to reschedule? What words are you using?
Would you believe I just logged on to a cancellation email from my Apr 12 show??? Death of a friend - she is so sorry and wants to see if she can grab up another april date - well THANK HEAVENS she is interested in another date!!! I am getting SO discouraged!

First let me say, if you can actually talk to them on the phone (not through voice mails or e-mail) I have found they are more likely to reschedule (which I'm sure everyone knows). The message I leave saying I'm coming, makes them call me. Then it depends on whether they call when I'm at work or at home. If they leave me a message and tell me they'll call me, then no, I don't call them back. For those I talk to on the phone, honestly...I use guilt. Am I completely proud of it no, does it work, yes :) When they call me back to tell me that no one could make it, they are sorry they didn't call earlier, that their third cousin twice removed had a cold, etc, I immediately ask them to reschedule. I get the, well I'll call you back when it's better, etc. I normally follow the "I'll call you line" with, "this is my business and I really appreciate you as one of my customers. I completely understand that life has happened and you aren't going to be able to hold your show, but unfortunately, I'm now unemployed on _______ since you won't be holding your show. If you would like to reschedule your show, I'd like to do it as soon as possible. If the near future doesn't work for you, would you be willing to do a catalog show to help me in makng the goals for my business that I was counting on your show to help meet" This may sound harsh, but I got so tired of people never calling back, etc. I remember the first time I had a fellow consultant use the word unemployed when she talked about people cancelling. No one ever wants to be part of someone becoming unemployed, so I decided to try using it on my last minute cancellers. Hope that helps (and doesn't make me sound like a mean consultant :))

dannyzmom said:
Ok - can I ask HOW are you getting them to reschedule? What words are you using?
Would you believe I just logged on to a cancellation email from my Apr 12 show??? Death of a friend - she is so sorry and wants to see if she can grab up another april date - well THANK HEAVENS she is interested in another date!!! I am getting SO discouraged!

Oh, and just to clarify my previous response, if someone calls with a legit reason for cancelling (like above) I don't give them my speal...only those who have reasons that, in my opinion, are lame.

Carolyn, it will get better...at least she wants to reschedule this month...I'm just thinking this month is bad. I'm hoping I have some customers who have $600 worth of Pampered Chef that they are planning on spending their tax refund on in May :cool:

iteachurkid said:
First let me say, if you can actually talk to them on the phone (not through voice mails or e-mail) I have found they are more likely to reschedule (which I'm sure everyone knows). The message I leave saying I'm coming, makes them call me. Then it depends on whether they call when I'm at work or at home. If they leave me a message and tell me they'll call me, then no, I don't call them back. For those I talk to on the phone, honestly...I use guilt. Am I completely proud of it no, does it work, yes :) When they call me back to tell me that no one could make it, they are sorry they didn't call earlier, that their third cousin twice removed had a cold, etc, I immediately ask them to reschedule. I get the, well I'll call you back when it's better, etc. I normally follow the "I'll call you line" with, "this is my business and I really appreciate you as one of my customers. I completely understand that life has happened and you aren't going to be able to hold your show, but unfortunately, I'm now unemployed on _______ since you won't be holding your show. If you would like to reschedule your show, I'd like to do it as soon as possible. If the near future doesn't work for you, would you be willing to do a catalog show to help me in makng the goals for my business that I was counting on your show to help meet" This may sound harsh, but I got so tired of people never calling back, etc. I remember the first time I had a fellow consultant use the word unemployed when she talked about people cancelling. No one ever wants to be part of someone becoming unemployed, so I decided to try using it on my last minute cancellers. Hope that helps (and doesn't make me sound like a mean consultant :))

Fabulous...simply fabulous!http://tools.digeratimarketing.co.uk/content/lb/smile/love/love0030.gif
I need to start practicing this speil until it comes out like it's natural...YOU ROCK!

dannyzmom said:
Fabulous...simply fabulous!http://tools.digeratimarketing.co.uk/content/lb/smile/love/love0030.gif
I need to start practicing this speil until it comes out like it's natural...YOU ROCK!

Glad I could help :) It definitely took me a while to get up the nerve to say it and then to perfect it and not sound nervous saying it on the phone, but man it has worked, which has given me the confidence to continue it...let me know how it goes for you :)

I'm having the cancellation/bookings blues too!

You all have great tips/words. Maybe one day I'll get someone on the phone so that I can try'em out!:eek:

And I had another darn cancellation today. Now I am down to 3 April shows

This sucks, doesn't it?! My March was completely lame. I had ONE cooking show. One! A couple cancelled, but I just couldn't even get people to book in March anyway. I was surprised especially because there was a new catalog! Luckily I had a couple catalog shows that were left from February and all of those outlet orders. It's so frustrating!

For whatever reason, my April looks like it'll kick ass and make up for March (I hope!). I have 9 cooking shows so far with a couple more possible. Six of those are before the cruise! It'll be nuts having 6 shows in 8 days, but I don't care because I need to make up for it. And I'll be crossing my fingers that none cancel. Had my first show last night, one today and one tomorrow. Tomorrow's is co-hosted and expecting 25 people!! Luckily all but one of those six is power cooking, so that makes it easy. I already have 7 for May, but I want LOTS more.

Now if I could just get more bookings at shows who actually set a date and keep it!!

I do love the wording suggested above. I'll have to work up my guts to use it. :eek: Thanks for all of your input! I think we ALL go through this, but it's so easy to get discouraged. I'm really starting to think the "recession" is to blame. People don't want to go to shows, so numbers are low and hosts cancel.

I hope things pick up for everyone!! I'd love to hear updates when people use the wording suggested above!:D

Becky I am drooling over your current show schedule!!:love0010::love0010:

My March totally fell apart, and honestly for those that held I don't think any of them used the host special. They were just not impressed with it.
Thankfully, 2 of my March shows were the last weekend, and I'm just closing so that will count in April as I have NOTHING for April.:cry: I hosted my own show last night to try to get bookings, and I did, but NOT FOR APRIL!!

May is looking good as is June, but I want more too. Especially after riding the cancellation wave! And last summer taught me that it can be tough, so I'm going to take ALL that I can cram in between vacations, birthday parties, & camp! I'm determined to earn Mexico!!:pray:

Oh, just another thought. I'm thinking of hosting a brunch show when we get back from the cruise for bus drivers at my children's elementary school, and anyone else I can round up who is home during the day. Every little bit will help at this point! Plus, I really want to break into the day time show arena!1;)

amy07 said:
Oh, just another thought. I'm thinking of hosting a brunch show when we get back from the cruise for bus drivers at my children's elementary school, and anyone else I can round up who is home during the day. Every little bit will help at this point! Plus, I really want to break into the day time show arena!1;)

What a great idea! How you are going to approach them about that?

pamperedbecky said:
What a great idea! How you are going to approach them about that?

Stalk'em!:D
Just kidding

well, kind of. I'm going to approach the ones I know personally (4) and offer an "after the bus stop" show. I figured that if I can catch the others at the school before the kids get on in the afternoon I should be able to make the rounds handing out invites. The only obstacle I think I may encounter is that our school system has a no solicitation policy, but I'm not actually soliciting, I'm inviting!;)
And I'm going to invite some of the other moms I know that are home during the day. So hopefully I can get something from it!

an idea about the bus drivers...at my DD's school, they have mailboxes in the office for the bus drivers! Look into placing a flyer in there as well as telling the 4 you know to spread the word.

iteachurkid said:

Thanks for this wording!! I just did a search for this letter because I remember seeing it and I just had to use it for a host who cancelled for TOMORROW!!:mad: Grrr. She does want to reschedule which is nice and it will hopefully be in June (she wants a weekend date and I only have two left, but one I'd have to get a sitter for), so it would be nice for the SAT. So, I just emailed her this wording to just make her aware I don't want this happening again. I hope it doesn't make her mad. But, if it does - oh well. Back when she was going to co-host, they rescheduled twice. Then she branched off to just do her own show because supposedly none of her people couldn't come (she probably never got the invites out), and now she's rescheduling that. Oh well, if she gets mad and doesn't reschedule, it saves me an hour drive! Maybe she'd just do a catalog show if she can't get the date she wants. The hard part is, when I've done these shows way in BFE, they've been very good! Several have been over $1300 in sales and one was $2400! So it's hard to write it off completely.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens.:pray:

Hey Becky! You'll have to let us know what she says. I can say that most people I use this wording with respect the fact that this is a business (they don't always think of it that way). Hope it works out for the best :)

iteachurkid said:
Hey Becky! You'll have to let us know what she says. I can say that most people I use this wording with respect the fact that this is a business (they don't always think of it that way). Hope it works out for the best :)

Well, I heard back from her and she seems fine and wants to still reschedule. Of course, I was hoping for June, but I had about one weekend date left, which is what she wanted. So, now we're looking into July (same issue-very few weekend dates open) and of course she picked the latest one in the month, July 27th. I would have liked to book earlier in the month but it's hard with the 4th.

So, she didn't seem to mind my email or the wording about it being a business, but the TRUE test will be if she actually holds this date!!

I was doing great...
And I just had THREE people cancel!
One for this Saturday (so much for hitting 50K by May 31 :( ) :cry:
...and 2 for June.
One re-scheduled for July, the others "will get back to me". :mad:

iteachurkid said:

Thanks for this! I have had tons of cancellations. And with my husband being in the hospital for the majority of April, my May and June schedules are suffering. I'm going to try to use this!

1. What is Image Compressor 2008 Pro?

Image Compressor 2008 Pro is a software program designed to compress and optimize images, making them smaller in file size without losing quality. It also includes some photo editing and capture tools.

2. How can Image Compressor 2008 Pro help improve my photo editing skills?

Image Compressor 2008 Pro offers various photo editing tools such as crop, rotate, resize, and color correction, allowing you to make adjustments to your images before compressing them. It can also enhance image quality and reduce noise, making your photos look better overall.

3. Is Image Compressor 2008 Pro worth the $99 price tag?

While Image Compressor 2008 Pro may have some useful features, it may not be worth the full price of $99. However, as a free program from Giveawayoftheday, it is definitely worth trying out and using for its compression and capture capabilities.

4. Will installing Image Compressor 2008 Pro change any of my file associations?

Yes, during installation, Image Compressor 2008 Pro will associate itself with all image files on your computer. However, this can be easily changed by uninstalling the program or adjusting file type associations in the settings.

5. What information do I need to register Image Compressor 2008 Pro?

To register Image Compressor 2008 Pro, you will need to provide your own name and a valid email address. You will also need to use the provided Order ID and License key, which can be found in the readme.txt file included with the program.

Back