• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Bleach to Clean My Handy Scraper?

In summary, Bleaching your handy scraper can help remove tough stains and odors, making it look and smell clean and fresh again. It can also help prevent the spread of bacteria and keep your scraper hygienic for use in food preparation. We recommend bleaching your handy scraper after each use or at least once a week to ensure it stays clean and free of bacteria. If you use it to handle raw meats, it's especially important to bleach it after every use. We recommend using a mild bleach solution, such as one part bleach to three parts water, to avoid damaging the scraper. Avoid using bleach with added scents or colors, as these can leave a residue on the scraper. To properly sanitize your handy scraper, wash it with hot
PamperedK
Silver Member
I have the cranberry Handy Scraper, and the scraping part is stained. Can I bleach it?

I was wondering the same thing the other day - I am looking forward to reading everyone's replies to this...

The silicone edge on my white one is stained too. I haven't tried to clean it yet.

Maybe start with a paste of dishwasher detergent?

Have you tried baking soda?

thats interesting I was also wondering about bleaching the handy scraper mine has red pepper stains on it

Try a Clorox bleach pen- then you can control where the bleach goes.

Related to Can I Use Bleach to Clean My Handy Scraper?

What are the benefits of bleaching my handy scraper?

Bleaching your handy scraper can help remove tough stains and odors, making it look and smell clean and fresh again. It can also help prevent the spread of bacteria and keep your scraper hygienic for use in food preparation.

How often should I bleach my handy scraper?

We recommend bleaching your handy scraper after each use or at least once a week to ensure it stays clean and free of bacteria. If you use it to handle raw meats, it's especially important to bleach it after every use.

Can I use any type of bleach on my handy scraper?

We recommend using a mild bleach solution, such as one part bleach to three parts water, to avoid damaging the scraper. Avoid using bleach with added scents or colors, as these can leave a residue on the scraper.

Do I need to rinse my handy scraper after bleaching it?

Yes, it is important to rinse your handy scraper thoroughly with water after bleaching it. This will help remove any remaining bleach and prevent it from coming into contact with food.

How do I properly sanitize my handy scraper?

To properly sanitize your handy scraper, wash it with hot soapy water first, then soak it in a bleach solution for 5 minutes. Rinse it thoroughly and let it air dry before using it again. This will help kill any remaining bacteria and keep your scraper clean and safe to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
kristenskitchen
  • priscilla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
genburk