• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Smashed Potato Soup with Real Potatoes Instead of Refrigerated?

In summary, To make Smashed Potato Soup, you will need potatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and your choice of toppings such as bacon, cheese, and green onions. You can use vegetable broth or beef broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer, and you can also make the soup ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. The soup can also be frozen for up to 3 months, but the texture may change slightly. To make this soup vegetarian-friendly, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth and omit the bacon as a topping, and add in vegetables such as carrots, celery, and corn for added flavor and nutrition.
cewcooks
I want to make this for dinner tonight, I have all the ingredients except refriderated potatoes. Can I use real potatoes and mash them down with all the other ingredients?

I would just make the mashed potatoes from scratch like home - works fine - I have made this with left over mashed potatoes from scratch instead of the store bought kind -

You will want to start with cooked, seasoned, mashed potatoes....but you can use homemade ones - I do!

cewcooks said:
I want to make this for dinner tonight, I have all the ingredients except refriderated potatoes. Can I use real potatoes and mash them down with all the other ingredients?

Of course you can...real food is always preferred over instant, in my opinion!

I think it taste's better with homemade mashed potatoes.:)

I agree with everyone else. I've made it with real mashed potatoes and it turns out great.

i made this tons in feb for shows...and always used real potatoes..:>

yes, real is always better :> go for it.

Related to Can I Make Smashed Potato Soup with Real Potatoes Instead of Refrigerated?

What ingredients do I need to make Smashed Potato Soup?

To make Smashed Potato Soup, you will need potatoes, chicken broth, heavy cream, butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and your choice of toppings such as bacon, cheese, and green onions.

Can I use a different type of broth for this soup?

Yes, you can use vegetable broth or beef broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer. You can also use a combination of different broths for added flavor.

Can I make this soup ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the soup ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.

Can I freeze this soup?

Yes, you can freeze Smashed Potato Soup for up to 3 months. However, the texture may change slightly after being frozen and reheated. Make sure to cool the soup completely before freezing and thaw it in the fridge before reheating.

How can I make this soup vegetarian-friendly?

To make this soup vegetarian, you can substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth and omit the bacon as a topping. You can also add in vegetables such as carrots, celery, and corn for added flavor and nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies