• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Brownies in a Bar Pan: How Long?

In summary, the brownies came out great, and the kids really liked them. The pancakes turned out differently for every person, but all of them liked them. The pancake recipe might need some tweaks, but overall the recipe was good.
ahammons
I'm making brownies in my bar pan for the first time today -- but I'm not sure how long to cook them!! Do I just go w/ 30 minutes like the box suggests for a 13x9 pan?

Try them for doneness a few minutes before that. They'll be thinner, so they'll cook faster.

Okay, thanks! My 3 yr old can't wait to taste them! He's my little kitchen helper :)

Thanks Ann - The brownies turned out great!! :) When we pulled them out of the oven, my 3 yr old said "Daddy doesn't like brownies, but I will eat them!" ha ha (We were making them as part of our belated Father's Day gift b/c we were so busy on Sunday) My 16 month old really like them as well - I had to put them away because both of the boys kept running to the kitchen to get more!! lol

I am officially addicted to my bar pan now! (My sons LOVE when I make pancakes in it, then they can have firetruck, airplane, and train pancakes) That's the only stoneware piece I have right now, but I can't wait to get more. The other day, my DH said "We're going to have a whole new kitchen, full of PC stuff when I get home, won't we?" Is he smart, or what?? lol :D

In 8 years I've never made pancakes on the bar pan! Are they really good like that? Are they much different then regular pancakes. My family are (is?:confused: I can't decide!:confused: ) huge pancake lovers and I would hate to do it and not have them turn out the way they are expecting them! Any tips would be helpful!;)

Personally, I think the large bar pan is the most versatile piece of stoneware in the catalog. The sides are low enough that you can use it when you would usually use a cookie sheet. But there ARE sides (unlike the round stone), so you can do things like brownies or things with sauce.

Your DH does sound pretty smart. Tell him that PC can pay for a whole new kitchen to store it in, too! :)

Glad the brownies came out. mmmm.....

It's taken me several times to get the pancakes to turn out exactly how my sons like them. My oven is a little crazy though, so it's sort of hard to get the same outcome everytime! lol Every once in a while, they end up having the texture of cornbread - they taste fine, but the texture is just a little off. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen... maybe it's b/c they cooked a little too long?? Still haven't really figured that one out yet.

Last edited:
do they taste like they do when cooked on a griddle? My hubby is picky!

Not exactly. If they're supposed to, then maybe I'm doing something wrong! lol My husband is pretty picky too, and usually doesn't eat pancakes without tons of syrup (which I can't stand, so I never buy it! lol) - but he said that they're "pretty good".

I think my kids mainly like them b/c they can use cookie cutters to make cool shapes. :)

MissChef said:
do they taste like they do when cooked on a griddle? My hubby is picky!

Mine didn't but then I hd too much mix and mine were very thick. And I like them thin. They were very good though! I just added a lot of butter to get more of the "grease fried" taste, HAHA!!!

jrstephens said:
Mine didn't but then I hd too much mix and mine were very thick. And I like them thin. They were very good though! I just added a lot of butter to get more of the "grease fried" taste, HAHA!!!

That's what I do -- I put some butter over the top, and let it melt before cutting them. :) Mine always turn out pretty thick as well, but that's how my kids like them.

hmmmmm...... it might be worth it to try! Maybe I'll make some one day this week, while my husband is at work then my kids can be my guinea (sp?) pigs!:D My kids will eat them! they love breakfast foods!:)

That's when I try most of my new recipes, b/c my DH is so picky! lol
My 3yr old is my little kitchen assistant - he loves to cook!
My 16mo old is my taste tester - he loves to eat! :p He will eat just about anything, so if he spits it out, I know it's bad! lol

ahammons said:
That's when I try most of my new recipes, b/c my DH is so picky! lol
My 3yr old is my little kitchen assistant - he loves to cook!
My 16mo old is my taste tester - he loves to eat! :p He will eat just about anything, so if he spits it out, I know it's bad! lol

I wish my son loved to eat. He is a horrible eater! The Dr. says he will eat when he is hungry and he does it just takes longer that I think it should.

My little guy was like that, Jennifer, and at 8 still is somewhat. He grazes. Since he is skinny as a rail and 4'10", I let him eat whenever he wants. He has gotten better at meal times, but there are days he picks and picks.

I can always tell when there is another growth spurt coming on! When that is going on, he eats us out of house and home!

My oldest was a big eater as a baby, but that stopped as soon as he turned 1. Now we're lucky if we can get him to eat more than a few bites of anything! He's in the 90th percentile for his height, and 75th for his weight - the dr. keeps telling me not to worry if he's a little on the skinny side for his height. I try not to push too much, but if he waits until he's hungry, he gets very grumpy! (Just like his daddy! lol)
We can't convince our youngest to stop eating!! lol He would eat all day long if we'd let him - he never seems to get full! People always seem shocked when they see him eating, because he usually eats more than his older brother! :)

What is the recommended baking time for brownies in a bar pan?

The recommended baking time for brownies in a bar pan is 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

How do I know when the brownies are done baking in a bar pan?

You can use a toothpick or knife to insert into the center of the brownies. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done. Also, the edges of the brownies should be slightly pulled away from the pan.

Can I use a different type of pan to bake brownies instead of a bar pan?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan such as a square or rectangle baking pan. However, the baking time may vary so it is important to keep an eye on the brownies and use the toothpick or knife method to check for doneness.

Do I need to grease or line the bar pan before baking the brownies?

It is not necessary to grease or line the bar pan before baking the brownies. The non-stick coating on the pan should prevent the brownies from sticking.

Can I add any toppings or mix-ins to the brownies before baking them in a bar pan?

Yes, you can add toppings or mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, or marshmallows before baking the brownies in a bar pan. Just be sure to evenly distribute them on top of the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies