• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer

I have an inkjet printer that I use for color copies and I go through the cartridges like water. Makes me mad as I pay more in cartridges than I did for the printer, so I may update to a Brother color laser.I have the HP Color Laser Jet 2605dn.I agree that with any printer you want one with 4 ink cartridges. Different ones for each color & one for black. That's all I've purchased the last couple of times that I've gotten printers & I've been really happy with it.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Anyone familiar with it?
Pros, cons?
Any other laser printer suggestions?

I recently (last month?) purchased an HP Color Laser Jet 2605dn. So far so good. The quality is great and it has 4 separate color cartridges which was important to me. :thumbup: :thumbup:

We are looking to get one that has the ability to print two-sided, color pages REALLY fast. It's a gift from my DH's grandmother for both of us to use for our businesses...I know nothing about toner cartridges and stuff - what do I need to know?

dannyzmom said:
We are looking to get one that has the ability to print two-sided, color pages REALLY fast. It's a gift from my DH's grandmother for both of us to use for our businesses...I know nothing about toner cartridges and stuff - what do I need to know?

Mine does two sided and I think you'll find it to be really fast. There was another thread here somewhere where we discussed laser printers. Someone else has this same model (for longer than I have) and I was happy to hear (read) that they seem pleased with it’s quality.

The cartridge issue is that you only replace the ones you need. You know how some printers have the 3-color inks all in one unit? You don't really want that because you may be throwing out blue and yellow ink just because your red is empty.

Cartridges aren’t cheap, but I think for they most part, the color should last you awhile. It looks like the black cartridge is bigger. I’m going to be purchasing a back-up black pretty quick. Don’t want to run out at an inconvenient time.

chefjeanine said:
Mine does two sided and I think you'll find it to be really fast. There was another thread here somewhere where we discussed laser printers. Someone else has this same model (for longer than I have) and I was happy to hear (read) that they seem pleased with it’s quality.

The cartridge issue is that you only replace the ones you need. You know how some printers have the 3-color inks all in one unit? You don't really want that because you may be throwing out blue and yellow ink just because your red is empty.

Cartridges aren’t cheap, but I think for they most part, the color should last you awhile. It looks like the black cartridge is bigger. I’m going to be purchasing a back-up black pretty quick. Don’t want to run out at an inconvenient time.

So are you saying you have the Brother one I am talking abotu or you have a different one? I am liking the sound of the one you're talking about :)

dannyzmom said:
So are you saying you have the Brother one I am talking abotu or you have a different one? I am liking the sound of the one you're talking about :)

I have the HP Color Laser Jet 2605dn.

I agree that with any printer you want one with 4 ink cartridges. Different ones for each color & one for black. That's all I've purchased the last couple of times that I've gotten printers & I've been really happy with it.

I don't have a laser, but I have a Brother multi-function (printer, copier, scanner, fax all in one) and I love it!

I have a Brother 5240-DN. It is a B&W laser printer which is network compatible. I purchased it three years ago and changed the cartridge once, although I may have to change it again within the next month or so. I love it. No problems with it at all. It prints double-sided as well, which is great. I have an inkjet printer that I use for color copies and I go through the cartridges like water. Makes me mad as I pay more in cartridges than I did for the printer, so I may update to a Brother color laser. I was going to purchase the HP, but a person at staples stated that you have to replace the drum way too often making the HP's not worth the money. On my Brother, I have yet to replace the drum.The price of the cartridges are a little more than the ink jet printers. But well worth it as they last much longer. Let us know what you decide and ho it works for you.

I have a Brother DCP7020 - it's B&W laser printer, copier, scanner. The price difference was so huge between B&W laser compared to color that I decided to keep my old ink jet for color stuff and go with the laser for B&W.
I love it!

Related to Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer

1. What is the print speed of the Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer?

The Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer has a print speed of up to 21 pages per minute in both color and black and white.

2. Can this printer handle different paper sizes?

Yes, the Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer has a 250-sheet capacity adjustable paper tray that can handle paper sizes up to legal (8.5" x 14"). It also has a manual feed slot for printing on envelopes and cardstock.

3. Is the Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer wireless?

Yes, this printer has built-in wireless connectivity, making it easy to print from any device connected to the same network. It also has a USB 2.0 interface for direct printing from a computer.

4. Does this printer have automatic duplex printing?

Yes, the Brother Hl-4070Cdw Laser Printer has automatic duplex printing, allowing you to save on paper and easily print double-sided documents.

5. What type of toner does this printer use?

This printer uses Brother's high-yield TN315 toner cartridges, which are available in black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. These toners can print up to 6,000 pages for black and 3,500 pages for color, providing cost-effective and long-lasting printing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikked
  • jenniferknapp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
  • dannyzmom