• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brett Favre Returns: NFL Reinstates Iconic Quarterback for Green Bay Packers

In summary, Brett Favre has been reinstated by the NFL, and he is in the Green Bay Packers offices this morning, having his physical exam. It has been announced that Aaron Rodgers is the first string QB and Brett must compete for the starting job.
Kitchen Diva said:
This is why I love hockey- less drama and for the most part when they retire, they stay retired... right Gretzky? :)

I used to go to games in Milwaukee, but everytime I went to watch a fight, a game would break out...

Kitchen Diva said:
Ya know, the Vikings are not all that bad... C'mon I'm from MN... :)

My favorite two teams are the Green Bay Packers and whoever is playing the Vikings.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
My favorite two teams are the Green Bay Packers and whoever is playing the Vikings.

Ha, my mom has that saying...only she's a Bronco's fan. She says she loves the Broncos & whoever's playing the Chiefs, LOL!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

A true Packers fan! ...and the third favorite team is the one playing against the Bears. ...then the one against against Dallas.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

NO NO NO NO not a Greenbay Fan........................

BethCooks4U said:
A true Packers fan! ...and the third favorite team is the one playing against the Bears. ...then the one against against Dallas.

Now - no dissing the Bears. They have there problems, but come on. Have at Dallas all you want.

Oh, yeah, like Bear fans never say anything derrogatory about the Packers.

a_takethatfoo.gif

The paper here today reported that Mike McCarthy (GB head coach) has said that the 2 sides can't come to terms. Apparently, after 6 hrs of "brutally honest' talks over the past 2 days, Favre "isn't in the right mind-set to be part of the team".
Whatever that means.
They also report that Tampa Bay is being bandied about as a possible trade destination.This was an AP report -- I'd link to it if I knew how :)

Re: Brett Favre has returned-TO THE JETS!Just heard he is being traded to the Jets!

Bummer - there goes any hope of my cheering for the Vikings this year :(

BREAKING NEWS:

Brett's been traded to the Jets! It's official. Confirmed by the Packers.

I'm sure Aaron Rodgers is breathing a sigh of relief. I really hope he's able to shine this year.

Last edited:
PurpleAngel said:
NO NO NO NO not a Greenbay Fan........................

That is Green Bay Jessie...if you're going to knock it, spell it right! :p;)

He-he

Did you know they changed the area code in the Twin Cities in honor of the Vikings?

0-4-4.

glad the drama is over. I hope he's happy in NY.

My Cleveland Browns are playing the Jets tonight in their first exhibition game...should be interesting to hear what is being said!
Go Browns!:love:

Wow, I was so shocked to get that email from Packers.com this morning.....now I really can't wait to see if anything else comes out. Guess we'll cheer for Packers, and Jets this year:)

Wonder if Farve will pose for Playgirl with just a staple on like Joe N. did!!! :yuck: Naw...Farve had more brains than that!!

Well, glad the drama is over, but I can imagine that the Packer fans have very mixed feelings. Very clear feelings about, Thompson, however!!!

Brett Favre will always be Brett Favre.

I was a Packers fan before Brett Favre (part of it was a long 29 year drought) and I'll be a Packers fan after Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson is the most egomanical and pompass ass to ever walk in the door of the Packers front office. Mike Murphy is a wuss. I'll never again believe a word that either of those two utter.

chefsteph07 said:
My Cleveland Browns are playing the Jets tonight in their first exhibition game...should be interesting to hear what is being said!
Go Browns!:love:

Yeah, go Browns - my second team now since they have Brady Quinn:)!

Notre Dame games just aren't the same. I didn't care if we lost when he was on the team:)!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Brett Favre will always be Brett Favre.

I was a Packers fan before Brett Favre (part of it was a long 29 year drought) and I'll be a Packers fan after Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson is the most egomanical and pompass ass to ever walk in the door of the Packers front office. Mike Murphy is a wuss. I'll never again believe a word that either of those two utter.

I am "young" enough to remember Vince Lombardi....that was a magical time and I think that momentum had to have made many long time fans during the long 29 years.

The football game is on in the background and they said that the Farves in NYC will be like the new Mr. & Mrs. Beckham with media following them everywhere.

Is anyone else soooo tired of this issue. It seems like it has infiltrated every part of my life. It seems ridiculous that we hear about every move Brett makes. I was sad to see it has even hit PC.

So why did you even open the thread? If the title is something you don't want to read about, don't open it.

Since he's in New York, it'll be an even bigger deal. Why? Where are all the news centers? That's 18" of snow in 12 hours falling in Minnesota or Wisconsin is no big deal, but 8" in New York is a paralyzing blizzard.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
So why did you even open the thread? If the title is something you don't want to read about, don't open it.

Does anyone have the stats on how many times we have all asked that same question on other threads?HA!:eek::D

GO Farve and NY Jets!!!!!! When I heard NY I thought the Giants were replacing one of the great Mannings, ha! I seriously hope my "tone" expressed much sarcasm since I am not a Manning fan.

So, when do the Jets play the Packers? I hope the Jets win big!

jrstephens said:
I seriously hope my "tone" expressed much sarcasm since I am not a Manning fan.

I'll try to not take that personally.

a_takethatfoo.gif

jrstephens said:
Does anyone have the stats on how many times we have all asked that same question on other threads?HA!:eek::D

GO Farve and NY Jets!!!!!! When I heard NY I thought the Giants were replacing one of the great Mannings, ha! I seriously hope my "tone" expressed much sarcasm since I am not a Manning fan.

So, when do the Jets play the Packers? I hope the Jets win big!

I think I heard that the Jets don't play the Packers in the regular season until 2014. Maybe it was 2012. Not for a LONG time.

CarrieB said:
Is anyone else soooo tired of this issue. It seems like it has infiltrated every part of my life. It seems ridiculous that we hear about every move Brett makes. I was sad to see it has even hit PC.

Carrie, if you're tired of hearing about Brett, then why did you waste your time reading this? Just curiosity? I'm interested to hear your reasoning.

He's not my favorite either. Yes, I live in Wisconsin, but I am a Patriots fan.

BLASPHEMY!Well, not as much as if you said you were a Bears or Vikings fan, anyway.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
BLASPHEMY!

Well, not as much as if you said you were a Bears or Vikings fan, anyway.

LOL!! (dang short message)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
BLASPHEMY!

DUDE- quit ripping on the Vikings! :grumpy:;)

Personally I like the 49'ers...but being from MN, I must support my river-boating, scandalous team with a very bad coach...

Kitchen Diva said:
DUDE- quit ripping on the Vikings! :grumpy:;)

Personally I like the 49'ers...but being from MN, I must support my river-boating, scandalous team with a very bad coach...

I wasn't ripping the Vikings.

If I were, I'd be posting the lyrics to the theme from The Love Boat.

67302.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I wasn't ripping the Vikings.

If I were, I'd be posting the lyrics to the theme from The Love Boat.

67302.gif

Yeah, the Love Boat theme would be too mild for what they had going on- The theme song from Debbie Does Dallas would fit that scenario much better!:yuck: (not that I'd know- I'm merely speculating) :angel:

I've told this story before, but it's worth repeating. Between Chippewa Falls, WI and Menomonie, WI, on highway 10, there used to be a sports bar. It was owned by a couple that was a mixed marriage - one was a Packers fan and the other was a Vikings fan.There was a white line painted from grade, up the wall, over the roof and down to grade on the other side. The east side was painted green and gold, the west side was purple and white. There were appropriate logos on both ends, and each side of the bar had separate entrances. The decor inside was exactly what you'd expect on each end, and it was a jumpin' joint every Sunday, especially when the Packers played the Vikings.The building was in the right-of-way for the expansion of US 10 a few years ago, so it's all gone but the memory of a couple of people who had a clever marketing idea!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
BLASPHEMY!

ROTFLMAO!

Sorry! Can't help it! My home area, dontcha know.

I DO watch the Packers, but I LOVE the Patriots. Like the Packers, the Pats went through YEARS of plain ol' lousy seasons. I'm still a fan though.

I heard that the Vikings were trying to take the Jet's two first round draft picks if they take Farve ...they are making it hard for them to get Farve...is that true?

Who knows what's true or not true? All GM's lie. Some are just better at it than others.It's been reported that there's a poison pill in Favre's contract that if he is traded by the Jets to anyone else, the Packers get three first round draft choices and several other goodies.I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Favre to have a purple jersey. Well, that and the fact that the Jets released their quarterback the day they signed Favre.

There are some funny snarks of that sign on crummychurchsigns.blogspot.com.

OH my goodness, that's too funny! Is that pastor a Packer fan?

<h2>1. Will Brett Favre be starting for the Green Bay Packers again?</h2><p>No, it has been announced that Aaron Rodgers will remain the starting quarterback for the Packers. Brett Favre will have to compete for the starting job.</p><h2>2. Have there been any trade offers for Brett Favre?</h2><p>Yes, there have been attempts to trade him, but none have been successful so far.</p><h2>3. Will there be another special Sports Illustrated issue for Brett Favre's retirement?</h2><p>It is possible, as Brett Favre's retirement has been a highly publicized event in the past. However, nothing has been confirmed yet.</p><h2>4. Will there be Brett Favre retirement bubble gum cards for kids to trade?</h2><p>It is possible that there may be special edition Brett Favre retirement bubble gum cards released, but nothing has been announced at this time.</p><h2>5. Is Brett Favre going to be on the cover of Madden NFL again?</h2><p>It is possible, as Brett Favre has been featured on the cover of Madden NFL in the past. However, nothing has been confirmed for future releases.</p>

Related to Brett Favre Returns: NFL Reinstates Iconic Quarterback for Green Bay Packers

1. Will Brett Favre be starting for the Green Bay Packers again?

No, it has been announced that Aaron Rodgers will remain the starting quarterback for the Packers. Brett Favre will have to compete for the starting job.

2. Have there been any trade offers for Brett Favre?

Yes, there have been attempts to trade him, but none have been successful so far.

3. Will there be another special Sports Illustrated issue for Brett Favre's retirement?

It is possible, as Brett Favre's retirement has been a highly publicized event in the past. However, nothing has been confirmed yet.

4. Will there be Brett Favre retirement bubble gum cards for kids to trade?

It is possible that there may be special edition Brett Favre retirement bubble gum cards released, but nothing has been announced at this time.

5. Is Brett Favre going to be on the cover of Madden NFL again?

It is possible, as Brett Favre has been featured on the cover of Madden NFL in the past. However, nothing has been confirmed for future releases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
Back