1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Boy in the helium balloon a hoax

1. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

not surprised but sad how people will do anything for attention and $$. just feel badly for the kids.:(

Oct 18, 2009
  2. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

I wasn't surprised either - what a nutcase of those parents to put their kids through that! I saw them on Wife Swap so I wasn't shocked when the news came out.

Oct 18, 2009
  3. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

yes, some people just shouldn't be parents...

and congrats on your new recruit!! - or is that an old signature?

Oct 18, 2009
  4. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

I saw them on wifeswap too. Since I also like to storm chase, I stopped to watch this episode. What a strange man. The other couple they swapped with must be laughing their heads off!

Oct 19, 2009
  5. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

We actually had bets going here at work from the minute we heard about it. I saw the wipe swap episode as well and I put money on it being a scam from the get go! Those two seemed so warped on WS, I just knew it had to be a scam. And he said of the skeptics they were pathetic! Who is pathetic now?

Oct 19, 2009
  6. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

What I find more amazing is the attention this story got in the first place. They should have ignored this idiot and his idiot wife as the non story it was.

Oct 19, 2009
  7. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

the attention this story got in the first place

the first time authorities do that and a child is truly in danger, gets who gets in trouble.

I hope they put those two in jail for a while.

Oct 19, 2009
Have something to add?