1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bistro Chicken Twist (All the Best)

1. chefautumn

chefautumn Member

Well I'm making this for a show on Sat. and I always try the recipe before I actually make it at shows. The problem I had was it was still doughy, even though I left it in an extra 7 min. and the top was really brown.
    Has anyone ever had this problem before? What should I do? I would hate to make this at my next show and bum everybody out with a doughy center.

All help and comments are appreciated.
    thanks

Oct 31, 2005
  2. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

Autumn, would you mind posting the recipe for this recipe? I don't have the ALL THE BEST book yet. :(

Thanks!!

Oct 31, 2005
  3. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Was the dough part cooked through? I've made this before and other twists and I just think there's a LOT of bread in it and not much filling. You can't put a whole lot of filling in there or else it won't close up when you pinch the seams. I don't really like the twists for this reason....there's much more bread part than filling. If your dough wasn't all the way cooked through I'm not sure what the problem would have been. The top does get pretty brown, though.

Oct 31, 2005
  4. chefmary

chefmary Member Gold Member

Autumn:

Whenever I make the twists (I make the Pepperoni Pizza Twist the most often), I try to "open up" the twists before I put them in the oven, so that they don't come out so doughy. It does seem to help most of the time.

HTH!

Mary

Oct 31, 2005
  5. chefautumn

chefautumn Member

Thanks

Donna, I've attached the recipe. tip: "All the Best" really is a great cookbook, you should defenetly purchase it! :)

Becky, no the dough wasn't cooked all the way through, I wonder what I did wrong :confused: I wonder if I changed the oven temp. if that would make a difference.

Mary, what do you mean "open them up". Isin't the opening upside down? If I opened them up, wont the filling fall out?

thanks again for the advice. Wish me luck that it turns out well on Sat.

Attached Files:

Oct 31, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted