• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Binoculars or Camera for Cruising: What's the Best Choice?

In summary, when it comes to choosing between bringing binoculars or a good camera with zoom on a cruise, the majority of experienced cruisers suggest opting for a camera. While binoculars may be useful for some, a good camera is more versatile and can capture memories that last a lifetime. Additionally, investing in a high-quality camera may be more beneficial in the long run compared to basic binoculars. Ultimately, the decision should be based on personal preference and what will enhance the overall cruise experience.
flemings99
Gold Member
Those who have been on previous cruises: binoculars or a good camera with zoom?

HO pkg. list suggest binoculars, which we don't own and I know nothing about. Looking for advice from someone who has been before. Ideas are great, plus if you have a favorite product that doesn't cost a bazillion $ I'd love to hear your recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

If you don't have binoculars and do have a camera I'd get them. We have been glad we had them many times on cruises and other trips. But if you dont have a decent camera I'd get that to capture the memories!

BethCooks4U said:
If you don't have binoculars and do have a camera I'd get them. We have been glad we had them many times on cruises and other trips. But if you dont have a decent camera I'd get that to capture the memories!

I agree with this..but..I must say I have been on 4 cruises and have never though..hhmm..I wish I had binoculars.

flemings99 said:
Those who have been on previous cruises: binoculars or a good camera with zoom?

HO pkg. list suggest binoculars, which we don't own and I know nothing about. Looking for advice from someone who has been before. Ideas are great, plus if you have a favorite product that doesn't cost a bazillion $ I'd love to hear your recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

where did you get a ho pkg list? i officially earned bronze in october but haven't heard anything about it yet.

I've been on a cruise once, and never once wished for binoculars! I'd go for the camera!!

kristina16marie said:
where did you get a ho pkg list? i officially earned bronze in october but haven't heard anything about it yet.

I think it was listed under the facts/questions for our trip. It's on cc under the incentives page, under the bronze trip. It's not a full pkg. list, but suggestions for what to wear and bring. Might have also been a link that I click on. Sorry it's been a few days since I was on the site.

Congrats on earning the trip!

I agree....I have been on several cruises and never have had the need for binoculars. I would think about what you want to look at, how many times you think you might use them, your preference, packing space, etc. :)

flemings99 said:
I think it was listed under the facts/questions for our trip. It's on cc under the incentives page, under the bronze trip. It's not a full pkg. list, but suggestions for what to wear and bring. Might have also been a link that I click on. Sorry it's been a few days since I was on the site.

Congrats on earning the trip!

Ah, I see it now! Thank you! And see you on the ship!

My husband often wants to see what is out there beyond view. It was great to have on our last cruise. We could see details on the islands that we would have otherwise missed, fish jumping in the water that would have been a dot, other ships in the distance, etc. We went up the mountains this fall and we got to enhanse our views with them there too. Personally, i wouldnt have thought much of having them but I now admit DH was right. I think binocculars are a great investment. Trouble is we often forget to bring them when taking day trips.I still say, though, if you don't have a good camera I would get that first.

I agree. Unless you invest in some really NICE binoculars that will allow you to capture photos too ... you'd probably be better off just getting a nice camera with lots of storage for photos/videos and has a decent zoom too. You are probably not going to want to carry around both all day. And with the camera you can document some of the things you saw to look back on in years to come. And of course photos to show your team to encourage THEM to strive for a trip. :D

1. Can you recommend a good pair of binoculars or a new camera for bird watching?

Yes, we have a variety of binoculars and cameras that are perfect for bird watching. Our binoculars have high-quality lenses and are lightweight for easy use in the field. Our cameras have powerful zoom capabilities and advanced autofocus for capturing birds in flight.

2. Are your binoculars and cameras waterproof?

Yes, many of our binoculars and cameras are waterproof or water-resistant, making them great for outdoor activities like bird watching. Be sure to check the product specifications for each item to see if it is waterproof.

3. I wear glasses, do you have binoculars that are suitable for eyeglass wearers?

Yes, we have binoculars with adjustable eyecups that can accommodate eyeglass wearers. These eyecups can be twisted up or down to provide a comfortable viewing experience for those with or without glasses.

4. Can I use your binoculars and cameras for other activities besides bird watching?

Absolutely! Our binoculars and cameras are versatile and can be used for a variety of activities such as hiking, sporting events, and even concerts. They are designed to provide clear and detailed images in various settings.

5. Do your binoculars and cameras come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and limited warranty. If you have any issues with your binoculars or camera, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
fikibiff
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows