• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Fake IRS Emails About Stimulus Checks | Protect Your Personal Info

In summary, the purpose of fake IRS emails about stimulus checks is to steal personal information. To determine if an email is actually from the IRS, check for official communication through mail. If you receive a fake IRS email, do not click on links or provide information and report it to [email protected]. Look out for red flags such as poor grammar, urgent language, and requests for personal information. To protect personal information, avoid clicking on links or opening attachments from unsolicited emails and regularly monitor bank and credit card statements.
itsjustCarla
They had a note on the news this afternoon on the ride home. It said that someone is sending out fake emails that look like they are from the IRS and asking for personal info.

Just wanted people to be aware......just in case.

:chef:

They are making phone calls too. Saying they are with the IRS and there was a complication or something, so they need your bank routing info or you social or other info.
Don't do it!! They'll get your money and your identity! YIKES:eek:

Thanks for the heads up!

What is the purpose of the fake IRS emails about stimulus checks?

The purpose of these fake IRS emails is to trick people into providing their personal information, such as social security numbers and banking information, in order to steal their identity or money.

How can I tell if an email is actually from the IRS?

The IRS will never initiate contact with taxpayers through email, text messages, or social media. They will always send official communication through the mail.

What should I do if I receive a fake IRS email?

If you receive an email claiming to be from the IRS regarding your stimulus check, do not click on any links or provide any personal information. Instead, report the email to the IRS at [email protected] and delete the email.

Are there any red flags I should look out for in these fake emails?

Yes, there are several red flags that can help you identify a fake IRS email. These include poor grammar and spelling, urgent language, requests for personal information, and threats of legal action if the information is not provided.

How can I protect my personal information from these fake emails?

The best way to protect your personal information is to never click on links or open attachments from unsolicited emails, especially those claiming to be from the IRS. Also, regularly check your bank and credit card statements for any suspicious activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies