• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bathroom Nightmare! (Little Vent)

In summary, the toilet in the bathroom off our bedroom was leaking. My husband tried to tighten it, but it didn't help. He then removed the toilet and replaced the wax ring. When he was putting the toilet back down he dropped it and it broke. We went shopping for days looking for a new one we didn't have to special order since ours are a stone color (off white). We finally found one to match $280 later! I told my husband to put a bow on it for my birthday, which was just this past Wednesday. He didn't put a bow on it, but he didn't get me anything else either. That was fine w/me we didn't have any more money!
buckeyefan08
Well we had a small leak in our bathroom, now we have nothing in there! DH has found mold and crumbling grout and had to tear out the toilet, sink, tub, drywall, flooring, you name it, it's gone! It's horrible! To top it all off my first recruit is having her grand opening HERE this Thursday! I'm freaking out!
Looks like I'm getting a toilet for my b-day!!:rolleyes:

What an exciting birthday gift! Do you have another bathroom? Or is it a one bath house? Hope it all works out well and doesn't take too long.

Ugh! That must be really frustrating! I hope you have another bathroom in the house!!! We found similar damage when we took the flower box off our front window- the cedar had rotted through the wall board- so we have to replace the wallboard to the window before the new window can be installed and the new siding can be installed...it wouldn't be that big of a deal except we basically need to re-do the front part of the house...an expense we were NOT expecting! UGH!

Best of luck with your toilet search- they've got some fun ones out there! :)

Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone - I just got a toilet for my birthday this week too!

The toilet in the bathroom off our bedroom was leaking. My husband tried to tighten it, but it didn't help. He then removed the toilet and replaced the wax ring. When he was putting the toilet back down he dropped it and it broke! We went shopping for days looking for a new one we didn't have to special order since ours are a stone color (off white). Everything is white now! We had our house built 19 years ago and white was not the "in" color at the time! We finally found one to match $280 later! I told my husband to put a bow on it for my birthday, which was just this past Wednesday. He didn't put a bow on it, but he didn't get me anything else either. That was fine w/me we didn't have any more money!

Just look at the bright side - your bathroom will look really nice when you're done! And just think, now you don't have to feel alone. We are in the same club:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone - I just got a toilet for my birthday this week too!

The toilet in the bathroom off our bedroom was leaking. My husband tried to tighten it, but it didn't help. He then removed the toilet and replaced the wax ring. When he was putting the toilet back down he dropped it and it broke! We went shopping for days looking for a new one we didn't have to special order since ours are a stone color (off white). Everything is white now! We had our house built 19 years ago and white was not the "in" color at the time! We finally found one to match $280 later! I told my husband to put a bow on it for my birthday, which was just this past Wednesday. He didn't put a bow on it, but he didn't get me anything else either. That was fine w/me we didn't have any more money!

Just look at the bright side - your bathroom will look really nice when you're done! And just think, now you don't have to feel alone. We are in the same club:)!

Well that's just crappy! (trying to insert some humor into a not so fun place to be...bathroom heck)

I had to read this:1. Because it was in the National Conference 2008 forum.2. It said Bathroom Nightmare (little vent) and I thought, what's wrong with a little bathroom vent, unless someone had REALLY bad gas and you needed to clear the room fast. ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Well that's just crappy! (trying to insert some humor into a not so fun place to be...bathroom heck)

LOL - You are so funny! Even when you don't feel good!

pampchefrhondab said:
LOL - You are so funny! Even when you don't feel good!

Nah- I just felt a flush of humor come over me! :)

These jokes are really swirling the toilet now!

Nah, they're a "head" above the rest!

This is getting really draining to think of a good pun.

janetupnorth said:
This is getting really draining to think of a good pun.

you "can" do it!!!

OH MY!

Do you have a half bath, at least?

If so, you'll be ahead in the game!

<GROAN>You're such a gas!

janetupnorth said:
I had to read this:

1. Because it was in the National Conference 2008 forum.

2. It said Bathroom Nightmare (little vent) and I thought, what's wrong with a little bathroom vent, unless someone had REALLY bad gas and you needed to clear the room fast. ;)

Heck - merego could have written this post... she texted me today that she got stuck in a bathroom stall at NC. Haven't heard the story yet, but should be interesting.

THIS IS OUR ONLY BATHROOM!!!!!!
Don't forget we have a three year old and a five year old too!! This is terrible!
But you are definetly making me laugh!
Thanks everyone!

katie0128 said:
Heck - merego could have written this post... she texted me today that she got stuck in a bathroom stall at NC. Haven't heard the story yet, but should be interesting.

I so cannot wait to hear about this... only our dear Mere would get stuck in a bathroom... oh, wait I got stuck at one in the hospital yesterday. It wouldn't unlock... I almost cried out for my mommy!:blushing::cry:

katie0128 said:

ROFLOL! Oh my - that must have been a sight!

My friend Heidi got stuck in a booth at Culvers when 8 1/2 months pregnant. She was eating and had a contraction and couldn't get out of the booth until it was over and her belly softened up...

buckeyefan08 said:
Don't forget we have a three year old and a five year old too!! This is terrible!
Thanks everyone!

WHAT?!?!?! That is terrible!!! Okay, now I really feel for you! Prayers going out to you all and have fun getting through the night with no toilet... Can we say Hello Holiday Inn Express???

Yall are SUPER funny!!! My son wanted to know why I was LOL!!! :)

buckeyefan08 said:
Thanks everyone!

Outhouse?

I can show you how to dig a BIG hole in the ground!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
I so cannot wait to hear about this... only our dear Mere would get stuck in a bathroom... oh, wait I got stuck at one in the hospital yesterday. It wouldn't unlock... I almost cried out for my mommy!:blushing::cry:

That was my reply to her...

"only u... only u..."

What happened at the hospital yesterday? How did you get out?

The toliet isn't out yet but the girls will probably be using the potty chair and it look like I get to go outside and squat!:eek:
DH asked me what I wanted to do tomarrow for my birthday and my brother just looked at him and said "I'm guessing SHOWER!" He hit the nail on the head! Not to mention because we have had to run in and out all day the a/c is off and it is almost 90 degrees in my house....it's 11:15PM!!!

Ugh - I'm sorry this is happening to you. 2 years after we bought our house, we finally realized the stinky smell was coming from the hall bathroom, and had to have everything torn out (tile, floorboards, EVERYTHING!). We had it done when we were on vacation, and came home to a beautiful new bathroom. THat's what I recommend - I hope you can get it fixed up soon!!

buckeyefan08 said:
The toliet isn't out yet but the girls will probably be using the potty chair and it look like I get to go outside and squat!:eek:
DH asked me what I wanted to do tomarrow for my birthday and my brother just looked at him and said "I'm guessing SHOWER!" He hit the nail on the head! Not to mention because we have had to run in and out all day the a/c is off and it is almost 90 degrees in my house....it's 11:15PM!!!

I'd offer our bathroom, but I don't think you want to drive 5 hours for it!

Well day three of our bathroom catasrophe. Now all the water lines have to be taken out and replaced with new ones. The kids are at each others throats. Haley found DH razor and cut her thumb. I wish my grandmother would have sent cash for my b-day instead of a Kohl's card, I'd be at a hotel! Oh well at least I can get some new stuff for my new bathroom!
We still have a toilet for right now but I'm really hoping that will come out soon as that would be progress! I think it's the tub and drywall today though! I'll settle for any proress at this point!
Thanks for all you prayers and jokes we need them both at this point. Trying to stay cool about it all. This is just our luck. At least when this is done we will have redone all the plumbing!

Hang in there, Lisa- do you have a local beach or community pool you can take the kids to? What about home made popsicles and running through the sprinkler in the yard? Heck- you should run through it too- it might make you feel a little refreshed!

I'm sure your DH is working as hard as he can on the bathroom- go get an ice cream cone at the local DQ, pull out a sprinkler, and have fun with the kids... :) Or, see if Kohl's has a Slip-n-Slide!

Thanks Kacey! It's storming here but the kids and I are going to hang out in the bedroom with the air on, stuff our faces and watch the Wonder Pets!
We are going to my SIL later for a cook out. By then DH will need a break. He's working hard, and getting a little frustrated so by dinner he'll be ready. We are going to go unwind a little. He might take tomarrow off work, who knows.

Sorry about the storms, Lisa! Hang in there, watch movies, stuff your face and make your DH some lemonade! Poor guy! This will all be done soon enough!!!

Related to Bathroom Nightmare! (Little Vent)

1. What is the "Bathroom Nightmare" product?

The "Bathroom Nightmare" is a multipurpose cleaner specifically designed for cleaning and deodorizing bathrooms. It is a non-toxic and eco-friendly solution that effectively removes dirt, grime, and odors from various bathroom surfaces.

2. Is the "Bathroom Nightmare" safe to use on all bathroom surfaces?

Yes, the "Bathroom Nightmare" is safe to use on most bathroom surfaces including toilets, sinks, tubs, and showers. However, we recommend testing it on a small, inconspicuous area first before using it on delicate surfaces like marble or granite.

3. How do I use the "Bathroom Nightmare"?

Simply spray the "Bathroom Nightmare" onto the surface you want to clean and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away the dirt and grime. For tougher stains, you may need to scrub the surface with a brush. Finally, rinse the surface with water and dry it with a clean cloth.

4. Can I use the "Bathroom Nightmare" to clean other areas of my home?

While the "Bathroom Nightmare" is specifically designed for bathrooms, it can also be used to clean other areas of your home such as kitchen counters, stovetops, and even outdoor furniture. Just make sure to test it on a small area first to ensure that it doesn't damage the surface.

5. Is the "Bathroom Nightmare" safe for pets and children?

Yes, the "Bathroom Nightmare" is safe for pets and children. It is made with natural ingredients and does not contain any harsh chemicals. However, as with any cleaning product, we recommend keeping it out of reach of children and pets and avoiding direct contact with eyes and skin.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • candiejayne