• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Sales at Consignment Event with Creative Marketing Strategies

In summary, the vendor at the second consignment sale of the year did not do as well as he had the previous spring sale. He stopped at a store on his way home and bought some gift bags to give out as samples to people who stop by his table. He thinks that a cooking show might be a better draw for people at this sale.
esavvymom
Staff member
So it's the second sale of the year- a big consignment sale that I'm a vendor at. Last time I did this sale (spring)...I walked away from the whole 5 days with about 30-drawing slips- about 10-12 "leads". I got all but maybe 5 of those in the first 2-3 days.

Today was day #1. I got 1 slip. The body language and folks at the sale just wasn't the same. Not nearly as many people, and it just wasn't jiving for me today.

I stopped at Michael's on my way home to try an idea tomorrow. I picked up a couple packs of small gift-bags in some nice colors. I'm going to stick my mini-cat, recipe card, and a flyer (w/2 recipes and a coupon), in the bag, and maybe a few pieces of candy (it's a kids sale :) )....I'm also going to take some of the coupons/brochures from 2 others ( a retail kids store coupon, and a local mom's website flyer) in the bag- making basically a Vendor bag so to speak.

I thought I'd give out the "goodie bag" and see what happens- if people stop to chat a bit more, long enough to let them know about my drawing, too. Tomorrow is the first day open to the public, so hopefully more people Friday and Saturday.

What do you think? I'm not the most outgoing person-- so events like this can be tough for me to be pushy- especially since they aren't coming to see vendors but to find a bargain on kids stuff. :D

It could be tough with the economy being the way it is this year. It's hard to DRAW people to a PC booth when they have a pre-conceived notion of "I can't spend money there so why bother stopping by?"I think your vendor bag idea is a good idea, but you will probably have to push yourself to be a little more outgoing than you typically are. Just make sure you are standing in front of your table/booth not behind and have recipe cards in your hand ready to hand to people as they are walking by. Even if they don't stop to talk with you at least there is a greater chance they are going home with your info!Also, do you have a Help Wanted sign or something along the lines of "Ask me about how you can learn Fast, Budget Friendly Meals!"What is your drawing for? Free cooking show?

kdangel518 said:
It could be tough with the economy being the way it is this year. It's hard to DRAW people to a PC booth when they have a pre-conceived notion of "I can't spend money there so why bother stopping by?"

I think your vendor bag idea is a good idea, but you will probably have to push yourself to be a little more outgoing than you typically are. Just make sure you are standing in front of your table/booth not behind and have recipe cards in your hand ready to hand to people as they are walking by. Even if they don't stop to talk with you at least there is a greater chance they are going home with your info!

Also, do you have a Help Wanted sign or something along the lines of "Ask me about how you can learn Fast, Budget Friendly Meals!"

What is your drawing for? Free cooking show?

Pretty much all you said- I do. Stand at edge/front of booth (as long as I can anyway- after 7 hrs on concrete..gets really tough!!!) I do have the Help Wanted sign (one lady stopped today looking for a 'traditional' job...I gave her info, but I don't think it will amount to much given what she told me...who knows)....and I have a "What would $400 a month or more do for your family?). My drawing right now is $25 Gift Certificate/Shopping Spree. Free Cooking Shows get me even LESS attention (plus, I provide ingredients anyway if they choose from my menu).

I've got two tables (4' long each)- one has a tri-board display, and the new cookbooks/trivet. The other has the new products that I have. I guess I figured if the sale last March was pretty good- given what was going on in the economy THEN...it wouldn't be much different now.

It's far from over...I've got 2 good days before it really slows to a crawl or until you start seeing repeat customers who are back for the 50% and 75% markdown days. I wish I had thought to make a bigger sign to hang on the front of my table about my giveaway or about the Stone Sale plus I'm doing an anniversary discount this week...which I extended to my booth- hoping to get some fresh leads.

Sounds to me like you are totally doing all the right things and know your customer base, so I'd say just hang in there! You just never know with these things!

I did my first fair last night and it wasnt very successful, most of the slip people did fill out said they werent interested in anything more than the free giveaway. i have two more days and I need to get bookings. I was handing out recipe cards with my info on it but i am afraid they will just end up in the trash along with all the other vendor stuff. I had so high hopes.

I worked a booth back in July. I could tell a difference in people a lot! The last booth I had done was 2 years ago.

I did get 3 bookings which I am very happy with. The people who did talk to me were actually interested. I didn't advertise the drawing, just told them about it after they spoke w/me about liking PC products, etc.

I have handed out recipes before. I will stand at the end of the booth and ask, "Would you like a free recipe." Most people say, "yes." Then I ask, "Have you heard of PC." This usually gets them talking. I then usually ask if they've seen the new products, do they have the DCB, what's their favorite product, if anything goes on sale would they like me to let them know about it. Things like that.

I decided I wasn't going to spend the money on another booth this year. My husband is working crazy hours and I really don't want a huge schedule. I have 3 shows this month and that's enough for me.

Good luck!

At a kids bargain sale, not much gets my attention. Food for my kids (cause they are bored) and a smile are the best way to catch someone's eye. Always talk to them first and be very upbit (even if you're exhausted). I say things like "did you find any bargains today?" "wow, that's a cool truck (to the boy)" "what a beautiful dress" Once I've help them feel less "Oh no, she's going to try to sell me something and I don't have any money/time" I ask them for their info. I often write it down for them because their hands are full (name, phone, email only. Do you really need their address and a million questions about their interest level answered?). Then, after they leave I make notes about our conversation. Good luck.

Are you offering a door prize for them to want to fill out a slip? Everybody wants something free. I'm offering a large pizza stone (will order for winner) at my booth next weekend since I can get it discounted anyway this month.

yeah 8 of us split the gift and all put in a 10- 15 dollar product and everyone wants the free stuff but puts nos on all the slips. I am feeling really defeated. maybe once i get the name and start calling i may feel better. I guess i just had such high hopes.

Today wasn't MUCH better. I did book 1 show within the first 30 minutes I was there, and had two warm-recruit leads. That was IT all day (8 hrs). *Found a couple good bargains at the sale though *LOL* :D

This is the first time the sale has been open to the public on a weekend, so we'll see how it goes. I also did hand out a few more packets/goody bags...but NOTHIGN like last year. I left about 10-12 on my table when I left...so we'll see if they are there when I get back. Won't be much for follow-up leads, but could get my name out there which is more than what i've gotten SO far. At least the one show will pay for the booth!

And I'm giving a $25 Gift Certificate, plus 2 Season's Best/Reusable Grocery bag. I added the cookbooks/bag today to draw their eye to the prize on the table. STill not much. Just a really light crowd compared to last year.

Did have a chance to talk to another vendor- from "Thirty One". They have some CUTE stuff! (I've also been checking out what other host benefits are). Thirty One charges 8% shipping, plus $4 more if Direct shipping (Yes..>I bought something!) :angel:

i had a better day at mine, i sold some product and booked a show and a possible recruit. and got a ton of possibles to book from. I am excited now!! I am going for a wow week and i would like to be a director by spring. That is aiming high! but my sight are on the target!!

I did the qsp with a cut up halloween necklace in it for the kids and some candy and other than the rude adults grabbing handfuls it seemed to work.

Mine was a bit better today. I have 1, maybe 2 shows tentative- but only one who gave me her info to followup this week and call her. But she was very excited- so I'll call her on Monday. THe 2nd, she took my info, said how much she wanted to do one, but wasn't going to fill out a card (? uh..if you do a show, you're going to have to tell me eventually). I didn't push it. But she was all "I'll talk to you SOON!" as she left later and walked by me.I gave out flyers/ad packets to several people interested in one thing or another- but no one would fill out contact slips, not even to enter my drawing ($25 gc plus 2 SBs). People just acting WEIRD about that this time around. All those STALKER business people ruin it for the rest of us who do a fair customer service and are NOT stalking. But I was happier with today- and not bad for only 4 hrs work. Tomorrow, one of the volunteers at the sale wants to place an order...she would have today, but I had to leave early and she got in late. So not a total loss! I'm not sure I'll do this particular event again though. ($150 for 5 days)

1. How do I handle a customer who seems disinterested in my booth on the first day?

It's important to remember that not every customer will be interested in your booth, and that's okay. You can try engaging them by asking if they have any questions or offering them a free sample. If they still seem disinterested, don't take it personally and move on to the next customer.

2. What can I do if I run out of products on the first day of my booth?

If you run out of products, don't panic. You can take orders for the products and offer to ship them directly to the customer's home. You can also offer a discount for placing an order at the booth.

3. How do I handle a difficult customer on the first day of my booth?

The key to handling a difficult customer is to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies them. If they continue to be difficult, politely excuse yourself and move on to the next customer.

4. What if my booth location is not ideal on the first day?

If your booth location is not ideal, don't worry. You can try to make the best of it by using eye-catching displays and engaging with customers. You can also ask the event organizer if there are any other available spots that may be better.

5. How can I make the most of a slow first day at my booth?

If your first day at the booth is slow, use the time to network with other vendors and event attendees. You can also use this time to restock your products and make sure your booth is visually appealing. Don't get discouraged, and remember that the next day may be busier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • esavvymom