• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready to Support Breast Cancer Survivors on Etsy?

In summary, the treasury list on Etsy is a short-term opportunity for people to buy unique and creative art and jewelry. There is fierce competition to snag one, but it's worth it. Breast cancer awareness is a primary focus, with other cancers being represented as well. The donations to the American Cancer Society/CCS allow them to fund other important cancer research.
chefann
Gold Member
I'm so excited! I got a treasury on Etsy! (There's fierce competition to grab one when they open up.)

I put together one that's Breast Cancer themed. Check it out for some great art and jewelry (and a really cool pair of sneakers).

Etsy :: Treasury List

It's only going to be up for 2 days, so click quick.

Ann that is so cool :)
Love the sneaks too

Very cool, love the stained glass!

I think the quilt is fabulous, too. The white portion of the front (as well as the back) is actually fabric with a pink ribbon print on it. What a great, comforting thing for someone who doesn't feel well from treatment to cuddle up in.

I've always suffered from quick click.

... sitting on hands to prevent typing "premature upload" comment ...

As a cancer survivor, I am always pleased to see people helping out. It seems like many people want to help but don't know quite what to do. I know that over the years, I've tried to volunteer in cancer treatment areas, except they have no idea what to do with me because they don't get many volunteers.

As happy as I am to see the breast cancer awareness, I also want to remind people that there are other forms of cancer out there that are just as tragic. The good news is that most cancers, today, can be cured. You have to be looking for them, though, and catch them early.

(I'm glad somebody got the joke.)

Some people here have mentioned that they wish HWC was not breast cancer specific. But my thoughts on that are:
  • As much as we welcome men, the primary audience for PC, both customers and consultants, is nearly all female. Promoting a cause that appeals to our primary market is just good business sense.
  • BC is one of the more treatable cancers, when found early. Our program is specifically aimed at early detection and education. When people start thinking about detection of BC, it will get them thinking about detection of all cancers.
  • Our donations to the ACS/CCS allow them to reallocate other funds to other cancers, increasing research and awareness programs for those.
  • Treatments that are developed for BC may be applicable to other cancers. So we may be helping those, too.

I do not disagree with you at all.

Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer are the two that get all the press, and rightfully so - nearly half of all newly diagnosed cases are breast cancer with prostate cancer not far behind.

Of the new cases of breast cancer diagnosed this year, about 5% of them will be in men.

Just remember, there are other kinds, too.

I really like the bracelet. Hmmm I will have to think about it strongly!!!

Good points, Ann. Remember, though, men can get breast cancer, too. It's less common, but that means that it's often overlooked until too late. I know a man who almost died from breast cancer. Plus, he dealt with a lot of embarrassment. Breast cancer is seen as a woman's disease, so a he-man sheriff's deputy should get it.

My thoughts are these:
  • The attention on breast cancer at least gets the conversation started.
  • Research and education in one area can lead to breakthroughs in others.
  • Once we get that one solved, we can concentrate on others.

Okay, I just bought the little angel for my sister's MIL who is a survivor. Her birthday is coming up too...

As far as delegating our campaign to BC only, the good news from that is that any progress in BC research, also furthers research in other female cancers such as Ovarian and cervical. My grandmother died 5 years ago to ovarian cancer but her oncologist was telling me and my family that the recent breast cancer research findings were leading to other available treatments for female cancers not related directly to BC. I thought this was neat and I am sure to share this news at all of my HWC shows. A lot of people don't know that BC research is for more than that.

KG, can't give you any good news regarding the prostate cancer research, however, I personally donate to the chapter of ACS for prostate cancer once a year. My father was a survivor as well...

My oncologist once told me that since I've already beaten cancer, my chances of prostate cancer are greatly reduced (no self-respecting virus seems to be able to survive in my chemo-laced system, sound of wood knocking) but that I still have to watch for it. (My mother beat cancer twice, different kinds, 15 years apart, and then her heart killed her, so no one ever said life was fair.)I have a little different viewpoint on cancer and survivorship than most people have, and I fear that sometimes you might think I'm just a curmudgeon or a skeptic. About this, I'm not a skeptic, in fact, I will do whatever I can for anyone who is a survivor.(Remember, you are a survivor from the very moment you are diagnosed.)

Related to Are You Ready to Support Breast Cancer Survivors on Etsy?

What is "Check Out These Great Artists"?

"Check Out These Great Artists" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that showcases talented artists and their unique creations. It is a way for us to support and promote the work of independent artists.

How often are new artists featured on "Check Out These Great Artists"?

We feature new artists on a monthly basis, so there will always be fresh and exciting creations to discover. Keep checking back to see the latest artists we have featured!

Can I purchase items directly from the "Check Out These Great Artists" page?

No, the "Check Out These Great Artists" feature is purely for showcasing and promoting the work of artists. However, we provide links to each artist's website or online shop where you can purchase their products directly.

How does Pampered Chef select which artists to feature on "Check Out These Great Artists"?

We have a team of curators who carefully select and handpick artists to be featured on our website. We look for unique and high-quality products that align with our values and brand.

Can I nominate an artist to be featured on "Check Out These Great Artists"?

Yes, we are always on the lookout for new and talented artists to feature. If you know of an artist whose work you think would be a great fit for our website, please reach out to us through our contact page with their information and we will consider them for a feature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katem51
Replies