• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Children's Program Junkie Like Me?

In summary, a children's program junkie who watches Sesame Street, Bob the Builder, Backyardigans, Jakers!, and Curious George.
raebates
Staff member
a children's program junkie.

My baby boy is 22 and lives several states away. However, I still sometimes watch Sesame Street. I like Bob the Builder. I love Backyardigans. And, I'm now hooked on Jakers! I use the excuse that I need to be familiar with what the little ones watch because I teach preschool-K at church. But, in all honesty, I just like the shows. Sesame Street and Bob the Builder are great background noise while I'm getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. Jakers! is just fun. Right now Backyardigans isn't on broadcast tv in my area, so I don't get a regular fix.

I LOVE Max and Ruby, Backyardigans and Little Bill!!

I must admit, not a fan of Ni Hao Kai Lan or Dora or Diego.

This is all thanks to my Grandson!
Tammy

Rae, Rae, Rae...hey, whatever floats your boat!You're just preparing for grandchildren, yeah that's it...

I love Backyardigans. And Curious George, and Super Why (which is the new favourite in my house).Rae, if you love kids stuff, you should totally get a Webkinz. You don't know how many times I've thought about starting a webkinz thread.

I just caught Super Why the other day for the first time. It's good. But, trust me, I don't need another obsession in my life. LOL!

I love Backyardigans, Curious George, Caillou (till his whining gets on my nerves) and Word World!

I rather Evan watch the things on PBS (I think all of these are on PBS...) cuz when ever he watches Nickolodeon he wants EVERYTHING that's on the MILLIONS of commercials! 20 minutes of Dora or Deigo, and then 10 minutes of commercials....

DH STILL watches cartoons! He likes Pokemon and Yughio (sp?)

raebates said:
I just caught Super Why the other day for the first time. It's good. But, trust me, I don't need another obsession in my life. LOL!

Oh, Rae...you have to see WordWorld!

I know what you mean about the commercials. That's why we watch Noggin. Great shows and in between more educational fun. The only thing is you will quickly learn if ya'll are watching too much tv because you'll see the same episodes over and over again. The kids don't care though. I have just been turned on to Sprout! LOVE IT! They do run some commercials I think, but we mute commercials. It is the PBS shows kinda all run together. I watch it at night with my girls while I do their hair (keeps them calm and quiet). The Goodnight Show is the BEST!

KellyTheChef said:
I love Backyardigans, Curious George, Caillou (till his whining gets on my nerves) and Word World!

I rather Evan watch the things on PBS (I think all of these are on PBS...) cuz when ever he watches Nickolodeon he wants EVERYTHING that's on the MILLIONS of commercials! 20 minutes of Dora or Deigo, and then 10 minutes of commercials....

DH STILL watches cartoons! He likes Pokemon and Yughio (sp?)

I LOVE Word World- cannot stand Cailou- that child is so whiny! I sort of like Arthur...

Am I understanding this right.... Sprout is a new channel?

Around here we like, Miss Spider, Franklin, Little Bear, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, just to name a few!

raebates said:
a children's program junkie.

My baby boy is 22 and lives several states away. However, I still sometimes watch Sesame Street. I like Bob the Builder. I love Backyardigans. And, I'm now hooked on Jakers! I use the excuse that I need to be familiar with what the little ones watch because I teach preschool-K at church. But, in all honesty, I just like the shows. Sesame Street and Bob the Builder are great background noise while I'm getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. Jakers! is just fun. Right now Backyardigans isn't on broadcast tv in my area, so I don't get a regular fix.

Oh! I love Backyardigans! DS and I watched it this morning! We also like Arthur & Word Girl.

I love Backyardigans because it teaches music appreciation, and using your imagination for play...and it's just so creative! I even bought several of the DVD's!

KellyTheChef said:
Am I understanding this right.... Sprout is a new channel?

Sprout is only available if you have Directv. We looked into switching to a different cable company rather than Directv (which is satelite) and they told us they did not carry Sprout, because it was owned by Directv. So needless to say, we still have Directv and the kids love Noggin also!

Oh, and Rae - if you ever want to borrow a preschooler to watch with you (it's lots of fun to listen to the giggles!) I'll let you borrow DS for a couple days!:D He's a blast, but can only watch an hour a day! (but he can bring his collection of Backyardigan DVD's with him!)

Sprout is available on Comcast. It's the paid version of PBS, so no commercials or telethons and just nonstop shows. Goodnight Show is great. DS loves Sagwa.

I HATE Curious George. Really, I do. My son runs around squawking like a monkey because of that stupid show. I love WordWorld and Ruff! Backyardigans is awesome. I think Wonder Pets is cute, but hate the lisp.

StacieB said:
Around here we like, Miss Spider, Franklin, Little Bear, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, just to name a few!

oh -yes, yes, yes! I, I mean the kids, love those too. I'm with any Caillou nay-sayers. We used to watch it but he is so whiny & the kids used to gt shiny immediately after watching it. Plus, his whining usually results in him getting what he wants. Ugh.

oh... and word girl & Arthur. love them. Thank goodness my kids are outgrowing some shows as they discover new ones. We aren't big on TV for kids, but Super Why has really helped their language skills.

I have dish network and we have "Babytv"

But I Love Max and Ruby, Drake and Josh and Icarley.
DD loves Dora, WordGirl and SuperWhy
Littlest DD loves BabyTV (it shows 5 minute little shows Kind of like Sesame Street with
no puppets)

I am so use to turning to them I sometimes catch myself turning there when Luke is out of the room but I don't watch then without him. My brain is cartoon fried!

DebbieJ said:
Sprout is available on Comcast. It's the paid version of PBS, so no commercials or telethons and just nonstop shows. Goodnight Show is great. DS loves Sagwa.

Debbie that is so funny, because that is who we called and they told us Sprout was only available on Directv. hmmmm.....guess they didn't want our business.:)

DebbieJ said:

I HATE Curious George. Really, I do. My son runs around squawking like a monkey because of that stupid show. I love WordWorld and Ruff! Backyardigans is awesome. I think Wonder Pets is cute, but hate the lisp. [/ QUOTE]

I am right there with you! Aren't we hoping that our kids will LEARN something from these shows...why "model" something that is incorrect.

Rae...

You have to watch Charlie and Lola too!! Cute with BRITISH ACCENTS!!

I really dislike Caillou. Like everyone else has been saying he is a VERY whiney boy and if he whines enough he gets what he wants. EVERYTIME my DS watches that show he is a pain in the butt for like 2 hours later! Whining about EVERYTHING! So he is not allowed to watch Caillou anymore and Gramma and Granpa have been notified of this!!

TJ watches PBs. His favorites are Word World ( OMG that is the cutest show...whoever came up with it has got a very imaginative brain!) and Super Why.

We have ATT cable and get Sprout. I love, uhm I mean the kids love Kipper. Charlie and Lola is cute. Dragon Tales is a big favorite with my girls. Angelina Ballerina, Max n Ruby and Little Bill. When the Little Bill theme comes on the two year old goes nuts! She loves Little Bill.

The phone.. the phone is ringing... the phone.. we'll be right there...
I sing that in my sleep!!!! Wonder Pets...... my kids love them!!
also Dora/Diego ( Dd can speak Spanisg)/Backyardigans/NeHoKiLan ( DD can speak some Chinese). DS loves Blues Clues and Barney. DD loves Tom and Jerry now, DH got her hooked on that, she thinks Tomcat is so funny. They like spongebob, but I can't stand that stupid sponge, so I never have it on. They like Elmo too. I am thinking we watch too much TV!!

Jakers! is my favorite. One of the few I will watch.

I caught my first episodes of Miss Spider while sitting for my niece and nephew last weekend. Good show.It's obvious I'm not the only adult who appreciates children's programming. LOL!

When my DS was little (he is 9 now) he loved Arthur I love that show my favorite episode was when the kids had head lice and they were army men. I work in a home daycare and the kids like Word World, Super Why and Clifford. I will admit if I am looking for something to watch and I see Arthur on I will see what episode it is and maybe watch it for a few minutes.

I just found out the name of Word World today. I've caught bits and pieces of it lately, and I love the idea. My big thing about children's programming is that I like for it to encourage imagination. That (along with the music) is why I fell in love with Backyardigans. It's also, along with the cross-generational emphasis, what I love about Jakers.

raebates said:
I just found out the name of Word World today. I've caught bits and pieces of it lately, and I love the idea.

My big thing about children's programming is that I like for it to encourage imagination. That (along with the music) is why I fell in love with Backyardigans. It's also, along with the cross-generational emphasis, what I love about Jakers.

That is exactly why I LOVE Backyardigans! I love the music appreciation, and the imaginative play.....and I also love to find out what kind of snacks they are going to have at the end!:D

As an inveterate snacker, I love that each episode ends with a snack. ;)

What no doodlebops? Mickey mouse clubhouse? Handy Mandy? Kim Possible?...i have been through them all...

Related to Are You a Children's Program Junkie Like Me?

1. What are some popular children's programs that you enjoy watching?

Some popular children's programs that I enjoy watching are Sesame Street, Bob the Builder, Backyardigans, and Jakers!

2. How do you justify watching these shows even though your child is grown?

I use the excuse that I need to be familiar with what the little ones watch because I teach preschool-K at church. But, in all honesty, I just like the shows.

3. Why do you continue to watch these shows even though your child is no longer living with you?

I find them to be great background noise while I'm getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. And Jakers! is just fun to watch.

4. Do you think it's important for adults to be familiar with children's programs?

Yes, I believe it can be beneficial for adults to be familiar with children's programs, especially if they work with or have children in their lives. It helps them stay current with popular culture and can also provide entertaining and educational content for adults.

5. Are there any children's programs that you miss watching?

Yes, Backyardigans is no longer on broadcast TV in my area so I don't get a regular fix. I miss watching it but I can always find episodes online or on streaming services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
emiscookin
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • sOhSherri
  • General Chat
Replies