• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are We Being Lazy with Our Business Outreach?

In summary, leaving catalogs in offices can benefit your business by exposing your products to a larger audience and providing convenient browsing for potential customers. It is important to ask for permission before leaving catalogs in an office and to restock every few weeks. To increase sales, make sure to leave catalogs in visible areas and offer a special discount or promotion for office employees.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
(The beginning of this post has a religious twist but ultimately applies to our businesses.)

A Twitter friend of mine mentioned that he had ditched several religious tracts. Despite my very strong faith, I agreed with him, saying that I know many people whose lives have been changed by God but NONE have been changed by a tract, and they're only useful if someone plants a seed through a personal relationship and "leaving tracts without a word is lazy."

Then I realized I sometimes do the same with my business!

How many of us put catalogs in a doctor's office, reasoning that they might be intrigued by it b/c the magazines there are so old, but never say a word to the office staff? Never offer to pamper their business. I know I'm guilty of this at my doctor's office.

So .... what are some ways to be less lazy?

Personally I know of many life changes brought about the seed planted by religious tracts!!
Never discount the second or third hand pass off opportunity.However you are more than right that a personal encounter is usually much better.

So funny you just posted this. I had a dream last night that I took a rice cooker with the chocolate cake mix ready to go into my doctors office and had them microwave it while I was in the office with the doc, then when I got done I flipped it for them and they ate it and then I just took my rice cooker home. LOL

1. How can leaving catalogs in offices benefit my business?

Leaving catalogs in offices can expose your products to a larger audience and potentially attract new customers. It also allows for convenient browsing for office employees during breaks or lunch hours.

2. Is it okay to leave catalogs in any office or are there certain guidelines to follow?

It is always best to ask for permission before leaving catalogs in an office. Some offices may have policies against solicitation or may already have a preferred vendor for kitchen products.

3. Can I leave catalogs in offices that I am not personally affiliated with?

Yes, you can leave catalogs in offices that you are not personally affiliated with. However, it is important to inform the office manager or receptionist about your intention and ask for their permission before leaving any materials.

4. How often should I restock catalogs in offices?

This can vary depending on the office and the number of employees. It is recommended to restock every 2-3 weeks to ensure a fresh supply for interested customers.

5. Are there any tips for leaving catalogs in offices to increase sales?

Make sure to leave catalogs in visible areas such as the break room or reception area. You can also include a small note or business card with contact information for interested customers to easily reach you. Additionally, consider offering a special discount or promotion for office employees to encourage them to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rbvernon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies