• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There New Presidential Dollar Coins Being Released by the US Mint?

In summary, the US mint announced that there will be a new series of coins. The first one, featuring George Washington, will be released on President's Day next month. There will be 4 coins a year and right now are scheduled to go through 2016 and Gerald Ford. There was an "event" in my building today with someone dressed like Washington and someone in a cartoon bald eagle suit. They had info from the mint, and a place where you could put your face onto the coin and have your picture
chefann
Gold Member
For everyone who's been collecting the state quarters, the US mint announced that there will be a new series of coins.

They're dollar coins (like the Sacajawea dollars), and will feature the presidents of the US. The first one, featuring George Washington, will be released on President's Day next month. There will be 4 coins a year and right now are scheduled to go through 2016 and Gerald Ford.

There was an "event" in my building today with someone dressed like Washington and someone in a cartoon bald eagle suit. They had info from the mint, and a place where you could put your face onto the coin and have your picture taken. You could handle the new coin, but no free samples, unfortunately.

The Statue of Liberty is on the back, and instead of grooves on the edge, there are words: E Pluribus Unum, In God We Trust, the year and the mint mark.

There's more information at http://www.usmint.gov/coin

Hmmm - wonder if they will be just as popular with the general public as the Sacajawea & the Susan B Anthony???:rolleyes:

I do have fun with the State Quarters though - it's been fun looking for the new ones as they have been produced!

I think we ought to seriously consider the model of currency they use in Canada. No dollar bills at all, only dollar coins. They have two dollar coins and two dollar bills. There's a loon on the dollar coin, so they're called "Loonies" and the two dollar coins became known as "Twonies." I'm sure our friends to the north will correct me if I'm wrong, and complain if they don't like the system.With our economy going to higher prices, dollar coins seem like a good idea. A bottle of Coke in a hotel vending machine is at least a buck and a quarter. We're seeing more self-checkouts in Wally Worlds and grocery stores. I don't know about you, but the mechanical bill accepters hate me. Coin slots are more reliable.We already have a two dollar bill, it just isn't widely circulated because merchants don't like them - they don't have a slot in their cash drawers for it. They don't have a slot for 50 dollar bills but more and more of those are in circulation these days, too.Bring on the buckacoin. I second the idea.

We Americans can be strange people! My DH has a $2 bill that he has had in his wallet for years...and refuses to spend it! I say it's money like any other money - but he's so strange about it!
Hasn't the problem been w/ past $1 coins that people wouldn't circulate them....hoarding them instead? Except for the very poorly planned Susan B. Anthony - which was an odd shape, and couldn't be used in vending machines anyway.

I've been carrying a $2 bill for years, too. It's kind or like a talisman or something, and also so I'm never really broke.It's not in very good shape anymore.Ask him if he knows that there's a [nationality of your choice] on the back.

The dollar coins are cool in that you can really confuse the counter workers at fast food places by paying with them. :) But I don't generally like them because they're heavier than bills.

A coworker of mine lives in Canada and loves the coins. She has a little coin holder in the car that has $24 in coinage - all loonies and toonies.

Check the serial numbers on your 2 dollar bills, and on your dollar bills also. I believe that if they have a certain sequence of numbers, they are worth ALLOT of money (of course, do you think I have that info on hand as I write this, uh, no...:rolleyes: )

You can also track you dollars at http://www.wheresgeorge.com/
Its a neat site...

No one wanted to know how to find the [ethnic of your choice] on the back of a two dollar bill? :confused:

My DH gets just as excited about new coins as I do about the new PC items. I will have to let him know about the new coins, since he hasn't said anything yet.

Tracy

Related to Are There New Presidential Dollar Coins Being Released by the US Mint?

What are "New Coins" and how do they work?

"New Coins" are a rewards program offered by Pampered Chef. They are earned by making purchases or hosting parties and can be redeemed for discounts on future purchases.

How do I earn "New Coins"?

There are several ways to earn "New Coins": making purchases, hosting a party, referring friends, and completing certain actions on the Pampered Chef website or mobile app. Each action will earn you a certain number of coins.

How do I redeem my "New Coins"?

Once you have accumulated enough "New Coins", you can redeem them for discounts on future purchases. Simply select the "New Coins" option at checkout and choose how many coins you would like to apply to your purchase.

Do "New Coins" expire?

Yes, "New Coins" do have an expiration date. They typically expire after 12 months from the date they were earned. However, if you continue to earn "New Coins" within that 12-month period, the expiration date will be extended.

Can I transfer my "New Coins" to someone else?

No, "New Coins" are non-transferable and can only be redeemed by the account holder who earned them. They cannot be gifted or transferred to another account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy