• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Cows Plotting Revenge? Falling cow nearly smashes minivan near Manson

You have two cows.You sell one and buy a bull.Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows.You sell them and retire on the income.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Seattle Times said:
Falling cow smashes van near Manson

By The Associated PressMANSON, Chelan County — A Chelan County fire chief says a couple were lucky they weren't killed by a cow that fell off a cliff and smashed their minivan.District 5 Chief Arnold Baker says they missed being killed by a matter of inches Sunday as they drove on Highway 150 near Manson.The 600-pound cow fell about 200 feet and landed on the hood of the minivan carrying Charles Everson Jr. and his wife Linda of Westland, Mich., who were in the area celebrating their one-year wedding anniversary. They were checked at Lake Chelan Community Hospital as a precaution.The van was heavily damaged, including a broken windshield.Charles Everson says he kept repeating, "I don't believe this. I don't believe this."The year-old cow had been reported missing by a breeder. It was euthanized at the scene.Copyright © 2007 The Seattle Times Company
Reports indicate the couple is from Michigan, where cows falling from the sky have not been reported.http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003996996_webcow06m.htmlAnd across the pond...
The Guardian said:
Woman's narrow escape as cow falls from cliff
Solent News
Saturday August 19, 2006
The GuardianA woman sunbathing at Compton Bay on the Isle of Wight had a narrow escape when a cow fell 16 metres (50ft) off a cliff to its death and landed where she had been lying moments earlier.Sally Brown, 51, of Cowes, had just picked up her body board when she heard a loud noise as the animal hurtled down a cliff. She said later: "It would have killed me if it landed on me." Jane Phillips, of Compton Farm, apologised, adding: "It doesn't bear thinking about what would have happened if it had landed on her." Her husband Den covered the dead cow with a canvas until it could be moved at low tide.
Note her home town...LinkMeanwhile, over at Snopes, they debunk an urban myth about cows falling from the sky and sinking trawlers.Coincidences? I think not. Maybe cows are fighting back for being shot during deer hunting season!
Short News said:
Unsuccessful Deer Hunters Decide to 'Hunt' Cows InsteadUtah: Two teens have admitted to shooting at least nine cows with arrows after being turned in by an anonymous tip. A reward of $6,000 had been offered by several groups in return for information on the crimes.The cows were injured rather than killed because the teens shot then them with practice arrows rather than broadhead hunting arrows. The incidents have angered stock owners and hunters alike."The two teens were frustrated that they hadn't harvested any deer during the archery deer hunt and shot several cows during the first weekend of the archery deer hunt in the Clyde Creek area..." said Conservation Officer Paul Davis.
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=64802I'm going to start wearing a hard hat when I go outside.

Last edited:
Were you and Ann separated at birth?;)

She's the daughter I never had.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Ahhh, yes. Another mystery solved!:cool:

That couple in the first article is from Westland, which is where my Potty Party host lives! ooohhh... it's like 6 degrees of separation.Maybe the cliff cows are a new bovine-lemming hybrid.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm only interested in whether you put me in your will yet.

(I'm kidding! Please don't anyone take offense at that!)

Potty party?

chefann said:
I'm only interested in whether you put me in your will yet.

(I'm kidding! Please don't anyone take offense at that!)
I WILL think about that.

It would be nice for someone to help The Kat Lady liquidate my huge debt after I assume room temperature.

cmdtrgd said:
Potty party?
Don't ask - you don't want to know and we've already used up too much bandwidth on that nutter.

Man.. I can see that KG is going to milk this one for what it's worth. Udderly rediculous.

Oh someone had to bring out the puns... well, I'm not going to cowtow to anyone on this matter. I just can't be steered wrong...

On a more serious note, I know around here come hunting season most folks wear orange so they won't be mistaken for deer... apparently deer 'round here walk on twos and wear clothing...:rolleyes:

Cow CaptalismTRADITIONAL CAPITALISM (extinct)
You have two cows.
You sell one and buy a bull.
Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows.
You sell them and retire on the income.ENRON VENTURE CAPITALISM
You have two cows.
You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters
of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a
debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all
four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows.
The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary
to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder
who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company.
The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on
one more.
The public buys your bull.AN AMERICAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows.
You are surprised when the cow drops dead.A FRENCH CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You go on strike because you want three cows.A JAPANESE CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow
and produce twenty times the milk.
You then create clever cow cartoon images called Cowkimon and market
them World-Wide.A GERMAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You re-engineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month,
and milk themselves.A BRITISH CORPORATION
You have two cows.
Both are mad.ITALIAN CORPORATION
You have two cows, but you don't know where they are.
You break for lunch.RUSSIAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You count them and learn you have five cows.
You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
You count them again and learn you have 12 cows.
You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka.A SWISS CORPORATION
You have 5000 cows, none of which belong to you.
You charge others for storing them.A HINDU CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You worship them.

Q: Why do cows wear bells?A: Because their horns don't work.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Q: Why do cows wear bells?

A: Because their horns don't work.

Is that the best you can do?

True story: my mom and I got to know a fellow book lover when we were both working at the same library. He was a fine older gent, most of the time... would love finding first editions and had a barn full of used books he sold until his death.

The one day though before he knew me (though he knew my mom from all their chats at the library), I walked into his book barn... he was a curmudgeon and a loveable flirt, regardless of age... he says to me "My you're a fine lookin' heifer!"... I laughed and said "you wouldn't say that if my mother was here!"... he asked who she was and when I told him his reply was simply "well, she's a fine lookin' heifer too!" :eek: Never quite sure how to take a compliment based upon cows.. LOL.. :blushing:

First time in a long time I've been called out by someone with a beef. You and your mother must be from Jersey.When I read the headlines of these stories, I think that to err is human, to kill, bovine.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
First time in a long time I've been called out by someone with a beef. You and your mother must be from Jersey.

When I read the headlines of these stories, I think that to err is human, to kill, bovine.

LOL... no, born and bred in PA... oddly though she was born on a chicken farm. :eek:

:rolleyes: After reading the 1st post, this reminds me about my uncle who hit a cow late at night on his way home...he was driving home late from the Sports Bar he owns. He lives about 30-40 minutes from downtown Nashville, TN through some (obviously) farmland on a lake to where his house is. He was going down the narrow, winding semi-paved road when low and behold he tagged a cow and sent her flying! The farmer left the gate ajar so the cow wandered out and met her untimely death. Needless to say my uncle's car was totalled (you know what a deer can do so imagine a cow :eek: ). He was just fine, and didn't even need medical attention. My aunt came to pick him up, and we all joke the cow was trying to outsmart him by staying on the road since he usually drove through the fields (remember he owns a bar:angel: )...strange but true I SWEAR!

You see? It's a bovine conspiracy!

Related to Are Cows Plotting Revenge? Falling cow nearly smashes minivan near Manson

1. What is "Cows Are on the Attack!!!"?

"Cows Are on the Attack!!!" is a fun and interactive game that teaches players about kitchen safety while also providing entertainment. It is a popular game among families and children.

2. How do you play "Cows Are on the Attack!!!"?

To play "Cows Are on the Attack!!!", players must roll a dice and move their character around the game board. They must then complete various kitchen safety challenges and answer trivia questions to avoid being caught by the attacking cows. The first player to reach the end of the board wins!

3. Is "Cows Are on the Attack!!!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Cows Are on the Attack!!!" is suitable for all ages. The game can be adjusted to make it more challenging for older players or simpler for younger players. It is a great way for families to bond and learn about kitchen safety together.

4. Can "Cows Are on the Attack!!!" be played solo?

Yes, "Cows Are on the Attack!!!" can be played solo. In fact, it can be a fun and educational way for children to learn about kitchen safety while playing on their own.

5. Can I purchase "Cows Are on the Attack!!!" from Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Cows Are on the Attack!!!" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It can be purchased online or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It also makes for a great gift for friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back