• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Who's Used the Roasting Pan and Rack Please Help!

In summary, when roasting meat, it is recommended to use a rack in the pan to allow the meat to roast properly without sitting in its own juices. This applies to all types of meat, including beef. The meat lifters can then be used to safely transfer the meat from the rack to the carving board. Additionally, roasting pans can be used for a variety of dishes such as lasagna and enchiladas. It is also useful to have meat lifters for those who do not have a roasting pan with a rack.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know to use the rack with a turkey. But what about with a roast of beef? I don't use one when I normally make it but now I'm not too sure. And if I use the rack for the roast, what on earth do I need the meat lifters for? The rack would get it out of the pan. Am I just use the lifters to lift it FROM the rack to the carving board? Seems like a waste to me. Unless of course no rack for beef, use lifters to remove. Now THAT makes sense!

Please help. Making roast for a house full tomorrow noon! :eek:

(Should have put this post here in the first place instead of in the recipe tips section, sorry!)

Yes, use the rack for the roast....unless you mean you're doing a "pot roast"...which really isn't meant to be roasted because it's typically done in a covered pot. :) In any case, if the roast is such that it is suitable for dry roasting, then yes, use the rack. Use the meat lifters to transfer to carving board.

Hope your meal turns out great!
Sandy

Roasting Pan IdeasAlso remember that you can use the rack when roasting 2 chickens side by side. You can roast any cut or type of meat that you want to, but you need to use the rack when you are roasting. Roasting is actually done out of the meats juices; thus, if you don't use the rack than you are not actually roasting the meat. If you use a roaster that has a lid, you are not actually roasting the meat but steaming it.

I have also made a huge batch of lasagna in the pan, it turned out great! I cut the leftovers and froze them individually for lunch packs. Don't forget you can do enchiladas, big family cobblers plus much more!

As far as the meat lifters, a lot of people are going to purchase these that don't have the roasting pan with rack. But as far as the need for the lifters and the rack, I have used them to take the meat from the rack to the carving board! Makes it really easy without the fear of dropping that $50 prime rib on the floor!

Last edited:

1. Can the roasting pan and rack be used in the oven?

Yes, the roasting pan and rack are specifically designed for use in the oven. They are oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. What is the material of the roasting pan and rack?

The roasting pan and rack are made of heavy-duty aluminized steel, which provides even heat distribution for perfectly cooked food.

3. Is the roasting pan and rack dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the roasting pan and rack are dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and longevity of the product.

4. Can the roasting pan and rack be used for other cooking methods besides roasting?

Yes, the roasting pan and rack can also be used for baking, broiling, and grilling. It can also be used as a pan for collecting drippings to make sauces and gravies.

5. What are the dimensions of the roasting pan and rack?

The roasting pan measures 16.5 inches long, 12.25 inches wide, and 3 inches deep. The rack measures 14.5 inches long and 10.5 inches wide, and it is designed to fit perfectly inside the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Belle4562
  • kcjodih