• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Use 'Em? What Are Your Thoughts...good, Bad, and Ugly? We

In summary, the conversation is about the use of Schwann food products. Some people have tried them and enjoyed them, but they can be pricey. Others appreciate the convenience and variety of options offered by Schwann. Some favorite products mentioned include their ice cream, apple flautas, stuffed shells, buffalo wings, and crabcakes. One person mentions using Schwann as a way to support their local Schwann's man. However, some have stopped using Schwann due to the cost. Overall, the conversation highlights the pros and cons of using Schwann food products.
DanielleQ
Anyone use 'em? What are your thoughts...good, bad, and ugly? We just went to a party where they served almost all Schwann food and it was good! But is it a big rip off?

I know a mom who gets them a lot.

My first worries would be calories, fat, and sodium content.

This summer I have started to order Schwanns. I have only ordered a few of their products. I love their juices and have ordered their pizza's if they are on sale. I have ordered some other things for my kids too. They are a little pricey but I figure that I am helping out my Schwanns man just like I like my customers helping me. I am glad this tread came up because my Schwanns man is coming on Wednesday and I had better look at the catalog or get on line.

We used to use them all the time but had to quit because of the cost. It's funny you brought this up because he just stopped by last week trying to get us to come back. I did order a few things. My son's birthday is coming up and they have this ice cream that is so good. I can't remember right off what it is called, but it is vanilla with swirls of blue icing and pieces of cake in it. I think it has sprinkles in it too. I ordered some and then had to stick it in the back of the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it.

I can't think of anything that we've gotten that has tasted bad, just kind of pricey. But, I guess that is what should be expected of mostly prepared food. They do offer some healthy foods now as well as small frozen meals that can be taken in lunches.

Oh yeah, our favorites besides the ice cream are the apple flautas, stuffed shells, buffalo wings and terryiacki wings.

I buy the Chicken Fries for my son. That's about it. My mom loves their asparagas.

jenniferlynne said:
We used to use them all the time but had to quit because of the cost.

I can't think of anything that we've gotten that has tasted bad, just kind of pricey. But, I guess that is what should be expected of mostly prepared food. They do offer some healthy foods now as well as small frozen meals that can be taken in lunches.

Oh yeah, our favorites besides the ice cream are the apple flautas, stuffed shells, buffalo wings and terryiacki wings.

I'll second that. I used to order their cheese rings forever ago, then they changed their directions then their price, they were reasonable in my opinion way back then, but then they hiked it up too much for me, they did have these (I am sure VERY FATTENING) potato things that were like tatertots and had jalapeno cheese in them and they were AWESOME. DH loves their barquitos (I think that's what they were) almost like a cornbread boat with beans and cheese on it. LOVE their cones of course, and it seemed like some other stuff also, but I just had to quit, maybe again when we can get ahead I will be a satisfied customer again.

I love Schwans - we live in a VERY rural area - so in the summer time it's the only way for us to get ice cream!;)
They are pricey on some things, but I tend to get alot of veggies, which isn't so bad on price. My husband will only eat corn now if its from them or fresh!
I LOVE their crabcakes - and they are worth the price, real crab and little filler!
I'll agree with the others, that it's kinda nice to have a "person" to buy from!

amy07 said:
I love Schwans - we live in a VERY rural area - so in the summer time it's the only way for us to get ice cream!;)
They are pricey on some things, but I tend to get alot of veggies, which isn't so bad on price. My husband will only eat corn now if its from them or fresh!
I LOVE their crabcakes - and they are worth the price, real crab and little filler!
I'll agree with the others, that it's kinda nice to have a "person" to buy from!

Hey, I will have to try their corn. My son used to eat any kind of corn until he had corn on the cob from our garden. Now he refuses to eat anything else. I freeze several hundred ears each year, but it only lasts so long (with 5 people). Maybe he will like theirs!

I just wish they sold TP and milk too!! Then I would never have to leave the house :D

I love their Peach Pie! My mom orders from Schwann. She says that she would rather pay a little more for something she knows her family will eat rather than pay for something that will be thrown out. She orders mostly ice cream. My dad likes the rootbeer floats. My niece likes the push ups. She gets the pizza's sometimes. She tries different things from time to time. If you look at the price you would pay for the same stuff if you went out to eat the price isn't much different. How much does it cost for your family to go to Dairy Queen? Schwann comes to your door and probably cost less. It's not as cheap as store brand but maybe just get some for an occasional treat. I didn't care for the guacamole. I think they use too much lime juice to keep the avacodo's green and I didn't like it. Did I mention that I love their peach pie?

jenniferlynne said:
Hey, I will have to try their corn. My son used to eat any kind of corn until he had corn on the cob from our garden. Now he refuses to eat anything else. I freeze several hundred ears each year, but it only lasts so long (with 5 people). Maybe he will like theirs!

I just wish they sold TP and milk too!! Then I would never have to leave the house :D

I've told my drive several times the same thing, and that I wish they sold bread!! And not just french loaves, but real sandwich bread!

jenniferlynne said:

You might be on to something there. You could start selling these items door to door and have your very own direct sales empire one day.

DebbieJ said:
I know a mom who gets them a lot.

My first worries would be calories, fat, and sodium content.

I order from Schwan's. It is a Wednesday's dinner savior!! I love their Catfish. It is fresh fish that has been filleted then frozen...NOT processed. Their vegetables are VERY fresh. It is almost like the are flash frozen right from the garden. LOVE their broccoli. All of the pieces are real edible pieces/florets, not trunk pieces (which I HATE). They have really delicious types of ice creams, sorbets, and fat free ice cream. They really have a wide variety of products. Yes, you could choose to buy the breaded stuff or the really processed items, but they offer a whole lot more than that.

It would be worth a shot. You don't have to sign a contract to use them, so buy a few things. If you don't like it don't buy any more. How about that?! Ask the driver for suggestions.

We love them, but dont get to order that much due to cost. The items we buy the most are:personal Pepp Pizzas
Breakfast pizzas (minis - was very surprised at how good these are... the bigger ones IMO wasn't as good)
the potato wedges
the pot pies are awesome (got a package free, when we moved, pricey for just 4, but soooo good)
the breaded catfish is really good
the breaded shrimp is really good
the crab cakes is much better than most you buy
the angus burger are really good on grill (charcoal or course)
and the ice cream is good..
we also get the chicken fries and chicken bites.. really goodI think that about does it.. right off the top of my head... dont have a book in front of me. so hard to tell.. Gotta love them.. and all that stuff.. is so much more better on a stone (which you already knew of course):)Another good thing is if they come on the week that you dont get paid, you can use the card (schwans) and tell them when you want to pay (up to 2 weeks, kinda like a post dated check) you have to call a seperate number to get the card.. they just attached it to your bank account.

Last edited:
Schwans' has THE BEST ice cream sandwiches in the world! Their cones are good too, but I think they are pricey. BUT, like PC - you get what you pay for. My Schwans driver quit coming to my house. Actually, we've had 3 different drivers in 2 years. Bummer, because the first one would stop anyway even though I didn't order anything. That stopped when the drivers changed. I'll have to go online and place an order now...I'm hungry for their Ice Cream sandwiches. The chocolate wafers are crunchy like cookies. yum.

We just started buying from Schwann's. So far, I like it. I didn't think that the price was bad. Just a couple of cents more than the store. Ex., Chicken Kiev, 4 for $9.99, at our store, you get get two for $4.49.

I tired the French loaves, I am totally hooked on those! What a price, 3 for $3.99!

Then, I got the mini cinnamon rolls... what a nice treat.

So, I think - like all things - if you buy carefully, the price is worth the product!

Enjoy everyone!

Do they still have their chocolate ice cream? I remember it from a kid.
We have a Scwanns man in our neighborhood but if I use him I'd have to give up Sams (& at Sams I can get novels, cookbooks, pool supplies, patio furniture, & other fun stuff I hadn't planned on buying) HA!!

I think some of their things are high, and some are reasonable.
I buy pizzas (3 for $10.99), juice, fruits & veggies sometimes, ham & cheese pockets, chicken patties for sandwiches--easy stuff to have around for lunch. Our delivery guy is super nice.

Schwans has the best frozen veggies(someone mentioned the corn already) - and the price on those is very good. Plus, my DH is Lactose intolerant, but can handle frozen yogurt okay, and Schwans has a great selection of it - and at about the same price as the grocery store. We also love their frozen Blue Hake (fish). It's hard sometimes to get decent fresh fish here in MI, and thier frozen fish is about the same price we pay for fresh. AND they really do have the very best ice cream sandwiches...we buy the small "light" sandwiches - perfect size for an after dinner treat!:D

Oh - and in the summertime, they have the BEST pink lemonade too!

DanielleQ said:
Anyone use 'em? What are your thoughts...good, bad, and ugly? We just went to a party where they served almost all Schwann food and it was good! But is it a big rip off?

Years and years ago I used them...but they were REALLY pricey...and so terribly salty ...but MAN their stuff is gooooood!!

Thanks, gang! I knew I'd get the good, bad and ugly from y'all!

And, Carolyn, the new smileys are very cute!!

We have friends who love them. They only go to the store maybe once a month for paper goods. We have been thinking about it.

Related to Anyone Use 'Em? What Are Your Thoughts...good, Bad, and Ugly? We

1. What is Pampered Chef and what products do they offer?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products. They offer a wide range of products, including cookware, bakeware, knives, kitchen gadgets, and food items.

2. How do I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through their website or by attending a party hosted by a consultant. You can also become a consultant and sell products to earn a commission.

3. Are Pampered Chef products worth the price?

In our opinion, Pampered Chef products are worth the price. They are made with high-quality materials and are designed to last for years. Plus, their product guarantee ensures customer satisfaction.

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free products and discounts. You also get the chance to try out new products and recipes, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with friends and family.

5. Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant. There are no specific requirements or qualifications. You just need to have a passion for cooking and a desire to share Pampered Chef products with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Alicia Denman
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • Becca_in_MD
  • General Chat
Replies