• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Any Predictions for Best Sellers?

In summary, the new products announced include the Ridged Baker, bamboo items, glass storage containers, new pantry items, simple slicer, veggie slicer, and the Micro-Chip Maker. Linda is excited about the Pantry Items - and recommends the new line of Bamboo Message Bars. customers seem to be equally as enthusiastic about the new products, with some loving them more than others. Some customers are hesitant about the price of the glass storage, while others are excited about the new pantry items. The chip maker is a hit with Grace and Becky, and the Ridged Baker and bamboo bowls are not as popular.
DebPC
Staff member
Now that the new products have been announced- are there any best sellers in the group? How do you feel about the taupe???

The taupe doesn't photograph well, but I thought it was very pretty when I saw it in the show room.

I am loving the Ridged Baker, bamboo items, glass storage containers, new pantry items.

I'll hold my opinion on the choppy thing til I get it and can use it. Seems like a novelty and that a knife would be quicker

I agree with everything Linda said with the addition of the simple slicer. I think because it being less money it might sell better....

Ginger428 said:
I agree with everything Linda said with the addition of the simple slicer. I think because it being less money it might sell better....

I was disappointed at the size of the dry erase board but will wait to decide if I like it until I have it on my fridge. I love the message bar!!! Stoneware color does nothing for me so getting just one is fine with me. I do know several customers who will LOVE the taupe though. I LOVE the silicone mitt and the simple slicer and the oil and vinegar bottles and the glass containers. I tried the glass cleaning brush in the product room and did not like it but again will decide once I can use it. I don't like the bamboo bowls. Love some of the new pantry items.

When I first started replying I thought I wasn't excited about much but now thinking about it I can see several winners here. I don't get home from conference until tomorrow night so I'm still in travel mode. lol

I was disappointed with the Taupe on the screen, but LOVED it in the product room. I'm hoping the DCB is an individual item we can order for 50% off, since I earned the $3000 level.

Before I became a consultant, I was a fan of the Pantry Items - and have always been enthusiastic about them, and sell a lot of them, so I'm totally in love with the new Pantry items and lines!

Love the new Bamboo Message Bar. Like the Bamboo Bowls, but want to see how they really hold up with mixing and dishwashing, etc...

the Glass Storage is expensive. I can get a set of 9 of varying sizes at Costco for the price of the large one, and they are the exact same thing - except that the lids are color-coded for the Costco version. I love them, but I'm just really hesitant about the price.

I loved the new Simple Slicer. I can see myself using that way more than the UM - at shows and at home. I pretty much only use the V-blade and the adjustable blade anyway.

The Veggie slicer - I don't get. I agree with Linda that it seems like a knife would be quicker. I'll wait til I can use it.

:party:LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :party: the Oil and Vinegar set! So excited to have these!!! Can't wait to use them! Did I mention that I :love0010:LOVE :love0010: them???

Something small, but I really liked the bottle brushes too. I played with them a bit in the product room, and they worked great. Unlike the glass cleaner, which was shedding all over the place.

The Ridged Baker? Didn't really excite me - but who knows? It may just end up being my favorite product!

The Micro-Chip Maker! Okay - confession time....Hi, My name is Becky and I am a Chipaholic. I can't wait to get this and try it making all sorts of different chips. Right now I LOVE it, and I really hope it doesn't disappoint me!

I think the chip maker will be huge!

Chip maker! I am going to start a Chip and Dip show to highlight the pantry products. Don't care for any of the cleaning brushes and hate the taupe... but who cares if it sells! :money: I will sell everything because I am building a business!!!

With the taupe just being for fall only, I think it will be an interesting test to see how it sells. Great idea about the chip & dip show!! Thanks for sharing!

my pleasure Colleen, I have a million ideas... glad someone will listen LOL

Grace (secret consultant on the video) says the chip maker is FABULOUS! She cannot wait to start using it at all of her shows. We too discussed doing more pantry shows and using those as an appetizer with a dip. :)

Oh - I thought of another one!

I think the MFP Recipe Cards are going to be a great seller and a no-brainer add-on sale to all of those MFP's I'm selling. PLUS a reason to contact everyone who has purchased an MFP this past season!

has anyone thought about shifting the focus of their show to be more pantry and as a direct competition with Tastefully Simple?

almondfarm said:
has anyone thought about shifting the focus of their show to be more pantry and as a direct competition with Tastefully Simple?

Personally, I do not want to mess with TS. Our pantry products are the best, but to me, they are simply a compliment to our product line - not the main bread and butter...

I'd rather spend time talking about the $30 and up items than the pantry items.

almondfarm said:

Yes and no, I agree with Melinda too, but I think doing a pantry show is great for those people who wouldn't book a Pampered Chef party, either they have been to many and have lots of products or they "don't cook" We have plenty of pantry products to do a "tastefully simple" show and there are people who religiously order TS and won't do a PC party. The advantage we have is even if we do a pantry show there is always the rest of the catalog for them to order from.

almondfarm said:

Malinda Klein said:
Personally, I do not want to mess with TS. Our pantry products are the best, but to me, they are simply a compliment to our product line - not the main bread and butter...

I'd rather spend time talking about the $30 and up items than the pantry items.

I love doing "Pantry" shows - but I do them while showing a TON of products. For the summer - doing the Cool N Serve Show - I show the Cool n Serve Tray, the Manual Food Processor, the Pineapple Wedger, the Veggie Wedger, Several Knives, Cutting Boards, SS Bowls and Colanders, ERMC set, other smaller tools, plus Bamboo & SA pieces. Oh, and also 2 of the $12 sauces, a dessert sauce, sprinkles, and rubs. At the last 3 parties I've done - almost everyone bought a mixture of products and pantry - so to me, that's ideal! It's also fast! My whole demo is between 20-25 minutes with this show!

(This is for Pineapple Confetti Salsa & Chips, Fruit dips and fruits, and cream cheese with sauce on top w/ crackers)

This is for Pineapple Confetti Salsa ......
Is that the Mango Salsa but with Pineapple? If so, it sounds GREAT!!!

Ginger428 said:
This is for Pineapple Confetti Salsa ......
Is that the Mango Salsa but with Pineapple? If so, it sounds GREAT!!!

That's exactly what it is, Ginger! I got tired of my hosts buying over-ripe mangos that just smushed when I tried to wedge them, so I switched to using a pineapple instead of a mango. It works out great because then I use the rest of the pineapple with the fruit dip (along with strawberries and grapes).

Plus - I think it tastes better too.

I've got to try this!!! :D

We do have a Fresh Pineapple Salsa recipe. It is in an older SB. Soooo yummy!!

I really hate to leave the New Product demonstration feeling underwhelmed, but that is how I felt this time. I think there are a few things that some people will get really excited about. My favorite thing is the Bamboo TA, however, I think the price is about $10 too high. Especially since it is smaller than the black one. It is simply gorgeous though. I don't think the Bamboo Message Board or Dry Erase thing line up with the mission of the company. I believe that they are also smaller than you would expect for the price.

I am excited about the Simple Slicer. That thing looks COOL!! I can't wait to get mine and try it out. I also can't wait to get a spoon in the Butterscotch Rum Sauce...drooling just thinking about it!!

Chef Kearns said:
We do have a Fresh Pineapple Salsa recipe. It is in an older SB. Soooo yummy!!

I really hate to leave the New Product demonstration feeling underwhelmed, but that is how I felt this time. I think there are a few things that some people will get really excited about. My favorite thing is the Bamboo TA, however, I think the price is about $10 too high. Especially since it is smaller than the black one. It is simply gorgeous though. I don't think the Bamboo Message Board or Dry Erase thing line up with the mission of the company. I believe that they are also smaller than you would expect for the price.

I am excited about the Simple Slicer. That thing looks COOL!! I can't wait to get mine and try it out. I also can't wait to get a spoon in the Butterscotch Rum Sauce...drooling just thinking about it!!

ME TOO!!! I was immensely disappointed when we went to get our sundaes at conference, and there was no butterscotch rum sauce. Waaaaah!:cry::cry::cry:

Along with many other consultants I was with....I was jonesing for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce. Also we got about 1/2 teaspoon of sauce in our cup. Me...I prefer a little ice cream with my sauce!:D

Not sure what the hot seller will be. Taupe did not do much for me but I would like to see what my customers will say.

Annastasia's a vegan & can't eat the ice cream or the toppings. So I went to one line & she went to the other line ... I got to try both! LOL I liked the peppermint better than the caramel. But I'm a Blue Bell Ice Cream girl, so I just tasted the toppings & chunked the ice cream. It didn't taste right to me.

Sheila said:
.....I'm a Blue Bell Ice Cream girl, so I just tasted the toppings & chunked the ice cream. It didn't taste right to me.

Oh My Word!!! That is the BEST ice cream ever! We're a Blue Bell house too :D

Sheila said:
Annastasia's a vegan & can't eat the ice cream or the toppings. So I went to one line & she went to the other line ... I got to try both! LOL I liked the peppermint better than the caramel. But I'm a Blue Bell Ice Cream girl, so I just tasted the toppings & chunked the ice cream. It didn't taste right to me.

I wanted to chuck the ice cream too...but we got ours on the way in, the line was long...and, and, and....I just caved LOL!!

baychef said:
I wanted to chuck the ice cream too...but we got ours on the way in, the line was long...and, and, and....I just caved LOL!!

I almost forgot about it and got it near the end if the time. Zero wait. And I have to say... Yummmmmm!

bethcooks4u said:
I almost forgot about it and got it near the end if the time. Zero wait. And I have to say... Yummmmmm!

Oh...I forgot...the LUNCH line was long...and we got the ice cream before lunch :p. I did like the Chocolate Peppermint that I had.

OK...I LUV the Taupe! Not excited when I saw it in photo but in person it is beautiful! I am a pottery nut and here in New Mexico, pottery is everywhere!

Chip Maker, Chip Maker, make me a CHIP - Gonna be a chip off the old block with that one! AR AR AR

Simple Slicer - I am simply in love..(I am a closet non-UM fan and have NEVER taken it to a show)

LUV Oil and Vinegar set - can't wait to mix the oil and vinegars and make a simple green salad in a bamboo mix bowl.

Bamboo mix bowl set - YES! NO glass NO Stainless steel (I do LUV my SS bowls) but am trying to go lighter!! (I finally gave up my cutting board and use the flex mats....LOL)

Chips in the micro, bacon in the micro, chicken breast in the MIRACLE POT in the micro, fresh green salad, and rocky road brownie - Can you see a simple show?? I CAN (make most the brownie mix at home so I can just throw in the micro)!! THEY ROCK!!

LOVE ALWAYS and BIG squeezes!! CK

Not to sound "simple" but what is a "Simple green salad"? (stop laughing) I don't like salad b/c I don't like any salad dressings I have tried and raw lettuce just is nasty to me but since I am just .000001% of the population as everyone I know eats salad...wondering how to make this. Is it just a bag of mixed greens salad mix with some type of dressing? If so, people really eat just a bowl of lettuce? :)

I do like the sounds of the show b/c then I could too use my Salad Spinner but first would need to know how to make it. :) (I hear rave reviews about a spinach/strawberry salad and NJ Ryan brought homemade vinegrette to our retreat to use on it but I didn't try any of it.)

Melissa78 said:
Not to sound "simple" but what is a "Simple green salad"? (stop laughing) I don't like salad b/c I don't like any salad dressings I have tried and raw lettuce just is nasty to me but since I am just .000001% of the population as everyone I know eats salad...wondering how to make this. Is it just a bag of mixed greens salad mix with some type of dressing? If so, people really eat just a bowl of lettuce? :)

I do like the sounds of the show b/c then I could too use my Salad Spinner but first would need to know how to make it. :) (I hear rave reviews about a spinach/strawberry salad and NJ Ryan brought homemade vinegrette to our retreat to use on it but I didn't try any of it.)

For me, a simple green salad would be a mixture of different lettuces, with some tomato and cucumber. Maybe a little carrot or onion...and then a simple vinagrette. But it might mean something different to someone else.

The Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe includes the recipe for a lemon vinagrette dressing. It's SO good. My son won't eat lettuce either, but strangely enough he loves raw spinach. He loves this salad (minus the onions for him.)

Attachments

• Strawberry Spinach Salad card.doc
    17.5 KB · Views: 244
For me, I would do just fresh greens in a big bowl and dress them with a vinegar oil from pantry JUST cherry balsamic vinegar and orange infused canola oil. THATS IT!!

When I earned spree for 53, we went to old town chicago where there was a place that had nothing but flavored balsamic vinegars and olive oils. We spent at least an hour there trying different combos....like rasp balsamic with lemon flavored olive oil. The amazing thing was THEY WERE AMAZING!! just the oil and vinegar nothing else!

That is what I plan to do...how to make the simple FABULOUS (and grind some black pepper from our grinder before I serve)

Thank you ladies for defining 'simple salad' for the "simple" salad-illiterate one. :D I do like raw spinich and maybe will try the strawberry salad to see if I can learn to like it more. In the last year I have learned to like brocolli and asparagus so there is still hope for me! :D

I cant wait to try the chip maker, with sweet potato chips

1. Any Predictions for Best Sellers?

Our team at Pampered Chef is constantly working to bring you the best and most innovative products. While we cannot predict with certainty which products will be best sellers, we have high hopes for our new line. We are confident that our customers will love the quality and functionality of these products.

2. Now that the new products have been announced, are there any best sellers in the group?

We are excited about all of our new products and believe that they each offer unique benefits to our customers. However, we do not have any specific predictions for best sellers at this time. Our customers' feedback and sales data will ultimately determine which products become best sellers.

3. How do you feel about the taupe???

We are thrilled about the taupe color option in our new line. It adds a beautiful and neutral touch to our products, making them perfect for any kitchen decor. We believe that our customers will love this color option and we are excited to see how it performs in sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC